what no bevell threads yet?

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Hey he was terrible again today. Anyone want to tell me I'm wrong. Russell Wilson is a stud and makes Bevell look like an average OC.

When are we going to get rid of this dumbass. Why were we still throwing with 5 minutes left? This guy is the worst OC in football. He doesn't understand situational football at all.

Yes, so we are thin at a bunch of positions, it doesn't mean that we can't play smart football. The final score should have been a lot worse than it ended up being.

For everyone saying that signing Wilson shouldn't be a priority, go bury your head in the sand some more.

seahawks187

Reaction score
lol bevil has been bad and he had his moments in this game but damn what happened in the game?? we iced the game out and didn't give them the ball back so what more do you want???? (I wanted them to run up the score personally)

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
seahawks187":1qqe26zy said:
lol bevil has been bad and he had his moments in this game but damn what happened in the game?? we iced the game out and didn't give them the ball back so what more do you want???? (I wanted them to run up the score personally)

I don't know my idea of a well called game is doing something other than kicking field goals after losing 10 yards each series we have the ball. If Bevell doesn't get fired at the end of the season, then our front office isn't as smart as I think they are. So we lack talent, that doesn't mean we have to continuously watch terrible situational football.

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't like Bevell as an OC, but I would never question any OC vs a blitzing team like the Cards. Especially given the personnel.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nope. If anything, should be Cable threads this week. That OL play was piss poor in that first half - both run and pass protection was poor. They should have had more than 9 pts in the first half. Lucky the defense showed up today.

The redzone offense was poor again today. The Seahawks were 1/5 today in the redzone. So Bevell and the team still need to improve in that area.

quneur

Reaction score
Strange game. What worked in the past and what I believe to a staple in the offense is the read option. Whenever the hawks needed to score, they tend to use the read option and most times its successful. Yet, the cards read the play beautifully including the bootlegs, screens, etc. mis-direction plays that go along with the read option. I would have like to see more traditional play calling in the second quarter.

But I think the cards out 'thunk' themselves. Second half, Bevell stuck with the option. Cards, I believe, thought hawks would make adjustments and stop using the option which wasn't working for the hawks in the first half. So IMO, Bevell called a good game overall but there wasn't any 4th and 1 or hawks needing to score.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I've been waiting for weeks for a trick play, and today we finally got a flea-flicker. Poorly executed, but hey, it's a start.
Bevell was overall OK today given the defensive dominance.

If our defense plays like the 2013 defense, Bevell is good enough. If our defense is less than that, Bevell doesn't get the job done with this personnel. Today we had the 2013 defense back.

Cartire

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1qsmw836 said:
I guess he doesn't like draw plays.

Those were there all day and we didn't run one.

Yes we did. We ran one and it was stuffed because we cant hold a single gap.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Seahawks offense did an excellent job of running down the clock in the 4th quarter. It was one of the few things they did well so it sort of stuck out.

Personally, I don't think you can learn much about the Seahawks offense from this game due to the way both defenses played. We couldn't run or pass block against their front and all of the blitzing. Furthermore, we didn't take any chances with the football because we didn't need to score more points. The only takeaway about our offense that I can see is our TEs played well.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought we improved at having hot routes, but still have a long way to go in that area.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Bevell likes to call short passing plays on 3rd and long (often when it's more than 10 yards)? This happened multiple times today as it does every game. It's the equivalent of Holmgren going with a draw on 3rd and long. One specific example was right before Hauschka's 52 yard FG. The route by the receiver on the play gave us 1 yard.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
razgriz737":3uhqhhlh said:
Can someone explain to me why Bevell likes to call short passing plays on 3rd and long (often when it's more than 10 yards)? This happened multiple times today as it does every game. It's the equivalent of Holmgren going with a draw on 3rd and long. One specific example was right before Hauschka's 52 yard FG. The route by the receiver on the play gave us 1 yard.
Because our defense was playing so well that punting and field goals were better than trying a long pass.

Cartire

Reaction score
razgriz737":2g6tknkx said:

Passing plays have more then one target. No one on this forum (no matter what they claim) has any idea what play is called and what reads are being made, and it what order. RW could be hitting a quick read underneath. The play could be called to do that only. The other receivers are bottled up and hes hitting a check down.

The result of a play does not mean that was the only option for that play.

Can we at least keep the Bevell blame to confirmed Bevell screw-ups. Its getting really boring reading nothing but blame threads after wins.

pehawk

Reaction score
Confirmed Bevell screw-ups like not knowing how to coach a screen play?

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Cartire":4gl51ii5 said:
Can we at least keep the Bevell blame to confirmed Bevell screw-ups. Its getting really boring reading nothing but blame threads after wins.

No, I am on a personal mission to get rid of a terrible OC by bitching about him non-stop.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Cartire":z2g9q8cl said:
razgriz737":z2g9q8cl said:

Passing plays have more then one target. No one on this forum (no matter what they claim) has any idea what play is called and what reads are being made, and it what order. RW could be hitting a quick read underneath. The play could be called to do that only. The other receivers are bottled up and hes hitting a check down.

The result of a play does not mean that was the only option for that play.

The plays I'm talking about are designed plays. The receiver was clearly the first read. And I'm not asking to make a point, I'm asking so someone with more football knowledge than me can answer my question. No need for snark.