If the Redskins almost did it..

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
From the few highlights I saw it looked pretty ugly on both sides.
One of those "well, someone has to win this game" games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If our defense plays like this the rest of the year.. we can beat anyone.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The way the Redskins play the 9ers has nothing to do with when we play them. Yes the 9ers have been off this year (like we are a team to talk) but the will be gunning for us. This will be an emotional grudge match especially after the NFC championship game and all the smack talk. They are at home on a short week.

P.S. I think it is ridiculous that we have played there 2-3 years at there house on a short week. Really? That is scheduling absurdity.

NJlargent

Reaction score
If the defense shows up that did today and in week 1, then I think we beat SF big if our offense is palatable. If the defense that shows up is the same defense that showed up in all our other games, then we are losing. Based on what I saw today, there's reason to be optimistic with wags and kam

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":tfdekxds said:
The way the Redskins play the 9ers has nothing to do with when we play them. Yes the 9ers have been off this year (like we are a team to talk) but the will be gunning for us. This will be an emotional grudge match especially after the NFC championship game and all the smack talk. They are at home on a short week.

P.S. I think it is ridiculous that we have played there 2-3 years at there house on a short week. Really? That is scheduling absurdity.

I'm sure it's not 'absurdity'. I'm wondering if those old-school NFL owners resent Paul Allen and his Microsoft money?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
GeekHawk":z52xsvto said:
Year of The Hawk":z52xsvto said:

I'm sure it's not 'absurdity'. I'm wondering if those old-school NFL owners resent Paul Allen and his Microsoft money?
It's a BLATANT screwing of the Seattle Seahawks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26fq9jyt said:
GeekHawk":26fq9jyt said:
Year of The Hawk":26fq9jyt said:

It's the same short week handicap for San Fran. I'm not seeing the conspiracy here...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
IMO to be an intelligent football fan the first thing that one has to do,,,,, is not use past game scores as a measure of whether the seahawks should win a game or not, or any other team for that matter. Here is an extreme example,, just to show my point. Say we played Oakland next week. Could anyone give credibility to a Raiders fan saying," well Seattle lost to the chiefs and we beat the chiefs so we should beat Seattle."

A+B does not equal C in NFL!

King Dog

Reaction score
It's a 2 hour flight and a short week for both teams. No excuses. Let's do this.

Go Hawks!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The SF-Washington game doesn't convince me of much, and I think that this is going to be an extremely tough game, but there's no question that the Niners are beatable and that we can end our losing streak down there if we really bring it.

Way more nervous about this one than I ever was about today, but I can see it being a win as well.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2m63tqmv said:
hawksfansinceday1":2m63tqmv said:
GeekHawk":2m63tqmv said:
Year of The Hawk":2m63tqmv said:

It's the same short week handicap for San Fran. I'm not seeing the conspiracy here...

I am not saying conspiracy at all. IT is just plain stupid inconsiderate. The short week favors the home team. The fact that we play the same team on Thursday night for 3 years is weird but to play the same team on their turf 3 years in a row on a Thursday night is just not right. If we did not win Super Bowl when was the last time we had a home Thursday night game? 2011 regular season Phil. Also the lack of Prime time home games sucks. I know we tend to blow people out at home in prime time but it still sucks not having it. I am not saying conspiracy because I don't think that many people in the league are smart enough to keep a secret that big this long. I just think they suck at what they do when it comes to scheduling.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3e6wc7lf said:
The fact that we play the same team on Thursday night for 3 years is weird but to play the same team on their turf 3 years in a row on a Thursday night is just not right.

We played at Arizona on Thursday last year.

We played at SF last year on a Sunday afternoon.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Complain about the short week all you want.

Next week Philly fans will cry that Seattle got 10 days to get ready for them.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2jw9wzuz said:
Year of The Hawk":2jw9wzuz said:
The fact that we play the same team on Thursday night for 3 years is weird but to play the same team on their turf 3 years in a row on a Thursday night is just not right.

Well damned if your not right. I suck at this stat thing. It still sucks not playing at home in prime time. Anyways I think we can overcome it and win but it will be rough sledding.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1de9nj2p said:
A blind monkey with a dartboard and epilepsy could do a better job of scheduling.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":39pmovu8 said:
MidwestHawker":39pmovu8 said:
Year of The Hawk":39pmovu8 said:

Well damned if your not right. I suck at this stat thing. It still sucks not playing at home in prime time. Anyways I think we can overcome it and win but it will be rough sledding.

Also played a home game on a Thursday night to open the season against GB.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3o4u2u3w said:
Complain about the short week all you want.

Next week Philly fans will cry that Seattle got 10 days to get ready for them.
Philly is playing this Thursday too, this post makes no sense.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3pcswgkl said:
Year of The Hawk":3pcswgkl said:
A blind monkey with a dartboard and epilepsy could do a better job of scheduling.
Hey...some of my best friends are blind epileptic monkeys. I resemble that remark.