Norwood

CityHawk

Reaction score
I know this was brought up last week but why are they not using Norwood more or at all? At this point how much worse could it be to put him in over Kearse? the drops from Kearse are frustrating. As a 'Bama fan, that stuff doesn't happen with Norwood.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Apart from that drop Kearse was pretty useful yesterday, I'd rather he ate into Richardson's snaps given the situations we were putting Richardson in.

Largent80

Reaction score
He was standing wide open on the 2 yard line and RW threw it elsewhere for an incompletion.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I like the potential of Norwood, but maybe with the injury at the start of the season he isn't up to speed with the offense yet. I'm in the camp of letting rookie WR's develop at their own pace, as most aren't NFL ready right away.

Largent80

Reaction score
If being wide open on the 2 yard line and a sure touchdown isn't up to speed I'm not sure what is.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":z3ylsmrz said:
If being wide open on the 2 yard line and a sure touchdown isn't up to speed I'm not sure what is.

I was referring to why we haven't seen him more overall. In the instance you mentioned I have no idea why he was overlooked, maybe Russ is too short?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Largent80 Norwood was in on incompletion to Kearse? I didn't even notice that.

I hope Norwood gets more chances down the stretch. Way too many drops by our WR's.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":nfxqr3uz said:
He was standing wide open on the 2 yard line and RW threw it elsewhere for an incompletion.

Yep, I saw that too but RW was looking left and threw the incompletion. Not sure if that was the kearse td drop or failed Baldwin fade. Definately would have been nice to hit Norwood there.

firebee

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":19yvjfyh said:
Apart from that drop Kearse was pretty useful yesterday, I'd rather he ate into Richardson's snaps given the situations we were putting Richardson in.
You did not watch the same game I did yesterday. Apparently you missed Kearse picking Baldwin off on flat route, instead of picking Baldwins man off. You must've missed him sliding off blocks early and releasing DBs for pursuit in the running game. You've definitely missed him letting off the gas halfway through his routes, instead of staying on the gas and trying to create separation.

I'm not going to say that Kearse sucks, but he's seemed to regress from last year. He's just off with his game this year. Releases a little early when run blocking, drops some passes he should catch, doesn't set his picks correctly, let's off the gas on his routes too early and doesn't work back towards Wilson when plays get extended. He's not playing like he was down the stretch last year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
firebee":1xr32crw said:
SomersetHawk":1xr32crw said:
You did not watch the same game I did yesterday. Apparently you missed Kearse picking Baldwin off on flat route, instead of picking Baldwins man off. You must've missed him sliding off blocks early and releasing DBs for pursuit in the running game. You've definitely missed him letting off the gas halfway through his routes, instead of staying on the gas and trying to create separation.

You just made all of that up didn't you?

I know he's becoming a popular whipping boy, and some of it's justified, but Kearse is making as many plays as anyone out there and leads us in receiving over the past two weeks. He's a catch and a better thrown ball (last week) away from being raved about on here. He's put up more in the last two games than Richardson has all season and over the past few weeks they've had comparable snappage. For what it's worth I don't think we're utilizing Richardson right, but my point is that if we're taking snaps away from anybody, it probably shouldn't be our most productive receiver of late.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":16sfw5s4 said:

Wasn't the 2 .. it was the 6. With no timeouts remaining, you better hope Norwood sprints into the end zone and bowls over #38 .. who would surely be ready to keep Norwood in bounds

GmmoQZI

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3b0jremf said:
Largent80":3b0jremf said:

Wasn't the 2 .. it was the 6. With no timeouts remaining, you better hope Norwood sprints into the end zone and bowls over #38 .. who would surely be ready to keep Norwood in bounds

GmmoQZI

Yeah I saw that and thought the same thing, not enough time and no sure thing he scores there.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Fun fact: Norwood is the only receiver on the roster who has yet to drop a pass. He's also caught all four of the passes thrown his way.

I would like to see more of him. He played only 11 snaps against KC. Try Baldwin at flanker and Norwood on the line of scrimmage at split end . . . mix things up, Bevell.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Largent80":8j9d17ay said:
ok it was the 6, but he is WIDE OPEN....You have to throw it there.

Obviously Wilson saw something else, and maybe Norwood was not open when Wilson looked at him but got open after, I mean in the picture Wilson is already in his throwing motion.

However all that said If Kearse catches what for an NFL WR was an easy TD catch it really does not matter.

Treghc

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3tpjq8to said:
Fun fact: Norwood is the only receiver on the roster who has yet to drop a pass. He's also caught all four of the passes thrown his way.

Not according to this:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

Kearse actually has 0 drops (remember, drops are uncontested. Having a defender force the ball it does not equate to a dropped pass), despite the constant nagging he gets from everyone around here.
Richardson has 0 drops.
Baldwin has 3
Willson has 2
Lynch has 2
Helfet has 1
Lockette has 1
Everyone else has 0

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":yfr6dbat said:
firebee":yfr6dbat said:
SomersetHawk":yfr6dbat said:

You just made all of that up didn't you?

I know he's becoming a popular whipping boy, and some of it's justified, but Kearse is making as many plays as anyone out there and leads us in receiving over the past two weeks. He's a catch and a better thrown ball (last week) away from being raved about on here. He's put up more in the last two games than Richardson has all season and over the past few weeks they've had comparable snappage. For what it's worth I don't think we're utilizing Richardson right, but my point is that if we're taking snaps away from anybody, it probably shouldn't be our most productive receiver of late.

I don't always agree with Firebee's superlatives, but I have noticed almost all of our WRs giving up on their routes and jogging around casually once Wilson is scrambling. Rice never did that. Baldwin generally doesn't. But that's about it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Treghc":sw07vhde said:
hawknation2014":sw07vhde said:

Not according to this:

Kearse actually has 0 drops (remember, drops are uncontested. Having a defender force the ball it does not equate to a dropped pass), despite the constant nagging he gets from everyone around here.
Richardson has 0 drops.
Baldwin has 3
Willson has 2
Lynch has 2
Helfet has 1
Lockette has 1
Everyone else has 0

That information doesn't look right. Willson definitely has at least one more drop than that. Kearse has two drops, including one big drop of a catchable ball in the last game and one drop against Dallas.

Also, Bryan Walters definitely dropped a screen pass earlier in the season. He was basically uncovered on that 2nd down play, so I don't see how that fits with the definition of "contested."

I would just say their definition is a little whack, to be honest with you.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Treghc":1m90562s said:
hawknation2014":1m90562s said:

Not according to this:

Richardson has 0 drops.
Baldwin has 3
Willson has 2
Lynch has 2
Helfet has 1
Lockette has 1
Everyone else has 0

Dude really so the TD drop yesterday is not a drop? Come on 99% of the Wr in the NFL catch that pass. Those stats are great but the key is uncontested. So they are not taking into account catchable balls. only the passes I could catch, meaning wide open no one around you. Kearse has dropped a lot of NFL wr catchable balls. Its a fact almost every week you hear an announcers say it. I like Kearse but this year he is not getting it done at all.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Anthony!":2aovjgwx said:
Treghc":2aovjgwx said:
hawknation2014":2aovjgwx said:

Not according to this:

Richardson has 0 drops.
Baldwin has 3
Willson has 2
Lynch has 2
Helfet has 1
Lockette has 1
Everyone else has 0

Dude really so the TD drop yesterday is not a drop? Come on 99% of the Wr in the NFL catch that pass. Those stats are great but the key is uncontested. So they are not taking into account catchable balls. only the passes I could catch, meaning wide open no one around you. Kearse has dropped a lot of NFL wr catchable balls. Its a fact almost every week you hear an announcers say it. I like Kearse but this year he is not getting it done at all.

That's a major exaggeration. Kearse has one fewer drop than Baldwin this season. Kearse also had some really nice plays in the last game that you should credit him.