How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?

TheWalrus

Reaction score
Our WRs will not be open all game long. It'll take a miracle for Wilson to complete a pass.

You thought the passing game was struggling before, wait until we play the Cardinals. They're coverage on Tate and Megatron has been great. Covering our guys is going to be a piece of cake.

I can't believe how bad our receiving corps is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Unlikely.

The larger problem is that it probably won't matter.

Because the issue isn't that we cannot beat the Cardinals. The issue is not that it is unlikely we will beat the Cardinals. It is that it is unlikely, if not impossible, that we beat the Cardinals, 49ers, Eagles, 49ers and Cardinals.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
QB keeps, extra healthy dose of Beast Mode and the twelfth man showing up and being extraordinary loud. While this might not be a championship caliber team this year, I know they will rise up for the occasion.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
As constructed and organized, Seattle will get punked by the Cardinals. This makes me sad.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Time for full-on, old-fashioned, triple option offense. No more goofing around.

Recruit a proven high school coach, like Sid Otton from Tumwater, as the new offensive coordinator and start practicing the new game.

Russ, Marshawn and Richardson, triple option play after play after play. Pitching and running all the way to the Super Bowl.

jkitsune

Reaction score
By scoring more points than them. Fortunately there are lots of ways that can happen. Cards are a great team, but the Rams just beat the Broncos, so don't act like great teams always win.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ffuitvs said:
Unlikely.

Because the issue isn't that we cannot beat the Cardinals. The issue is not that it is unlikely we will beat the Cardinals. It is that it is unlikely, if not impossible, that we beat the Cardinals, 49ers, Eagles, 49ers and Cardinals.

giphy.gif

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":d89i9s66 said:
Unlikely.

Secretary Rumsfeld????? IS THAT YOU????

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The Cards D is almost as good as ours was last year and unfortunately they are really good against the run which really doesn't make me feel great about our chances. However they are not all that great on offense and I don't think Stanton is capable of pulling off wins on the road.
I think we take them here (and hopefully on the road) looking at their schedule they may have a bumpy road ahead of them. Still hope to take this division imo.

kmedic

Reaction score
This game IMO will largely be a 'who needs it more' game. Throw out all the stats. The Hawks are 3 full games back of the Cards. They have a significant cushion on the rest of the division. It would be a massive blow to the entire franchise if the Hawks got beat at home under these circumstances.

firebee

Reaction score
Really SImple... You start calling plays that are actually designed to get receivers open. When you bring in guys like Harvin, draft guys like Richardson and have talented guys like Baldwin repeatedly not getting open, eventually you need to consider that maybe... just maybe... the receivers aren't the problem. Maybe the design of the passing plays is the problem. I've come to the conclusion that you could put Calvin Johnson, AJ Green and Julio Jones in our offense and our passing game would still suck because the receivers aren't the problem. The design of the passing plays and the playcalling is the problem. I see our guys piling up into Safeties on seam and post routes that run into each other. I see slot guys and TEs taking coverage out to an outside receiver on a hitch route. I see receivers running slants and in routes under clearout routes right into linebacker coverage. Then we wonder why none of our guys can get open. The design of half our passing plays run our receivers into coverage. That's why they can't get open. It wouldn't matter if we had the 3 best receivers in the NFL, they wouldn't get open because the design of half our passing plays runs them from one coverage to the next.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I actually feel that we are fully capable of taking down the Cardinals. I don't think their offense is that great and, despite Bevell, the Seahawks have the capability of chewing up yards and putting up points.

I am hopeful we can pull it together for this one.

Slick

Reaction score
They are going to beat the Cardinals by giving them good old fashioned spanking.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We win by letting the AZ pass rush get so far into the backfield, it opens up the whole field for Russell to rush into. Can't you tell that's the Hawks offensive game plan this year?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2wxl33hv said:
As constructed and organized, Seattle will get punked by the Cardinals. This makes me sad.

Vegas would get punked in that case then. We're favored by 6.5 just as we were projected to be at the start of today. This is to do with Arizona being a clearly inferior team to us who has had better results.

I predicted a loss today while also being confident that we beat the Cards next week. Nothing I saw today really shakes that confidence; maybe a little from Arizona's end since I didn't think they would beat Detroit, but they also stopped scoring after the early stages in the game, and again the betting market wasn't convinced that this changed their valuation significantly.

The season is a disappointing one since we're not the elite team that I hoped we would be, but it certainly hasn't gone far south enough yet that we should be wondering how we can possibly beat an inferior team on our home field.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
"Turnovers come in bunches" - Pete Carroll

This game could turn into a double digit win if Seattle gets on top of the Cardinals with a couple early turnovers.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
If this team has any balls. They don't let them beat us two years in a row in our house. Tardssmall

Smilies 21464

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think for once we are going to get most of the calls going our way. A team running away and clinching (or real close to it) division is bad for business in the eyes of the NFL. See the Craptree fumble/non fumble @ the whiners last year for exhibit A.
I think Seattle will get an assist from Rog's henchmen in the striped shirts in this game.