More moving on from Lynch news..

nolachawks

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -14-season

There is a lot of things in this article that make me a little crazy.

1)"Everything I'm being told by people involved in the situation, nothing has changed with the Seahawks' plans to part ways with Marshawn Lynch after the season," Rapoport said.
I can't see anyone "involved in the situation" saying anything about this and not saying anything I guess could be perceived as nothing as changed :sarcasm_on:

2)However, aside from a few flashes from each, neither back has looked like they could be the workhorse.
There is no way to know this and the same media that were gushing about Michael are now down on him..

3) Seattle will move on from the back to save money, which they need for Russell Wilson's eventual big contract.
I think its been stated that we don't have to get rid of Lynch to sign Wilson.

I don't know what it was about that article, maybe its just the tone of it but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Sucks moving on from Lynch but Gurley or Gordon... Softens the blow a little.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Stupid. Media grasping at straws like always. I regret clicking the link.

If Beast continues putting in work as he has and if Beast wants to come back next year, he'll stay here.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
The Outfield":41wk8lvt said:
Stupid. Media grasping at straws like always. I regret clicking the link.

If Beast continues putting in work as he has and if Beast wants to come back next year, he'll stay here.

This.

The author had to post this on GAMEDAY?

Eff all those mediots.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It would be stupid.

Lynch had a bad day. We lost. It isn't a coincidence.

Lynch can carry this team. Wilson is a good QB, maybe even a great QB.

But he has been given 2 chances to win the game this year and drive the team down for the winning score. Once in SD and once in KC. Both times he couldn't.

Wilson simply isn't the kind of QB that can put his team on his back and win in spite of substandard OL or substandard WRs. Losing Lynch would mean this team would revert to being a very average team and likely would mean Wilson would turn into a very average QB. It wouldn't even be his fault. Wilson is simply not a Steve Young or Joe Montana transcendent QB, he needs help. He is a matchup nightmare, but only if you have a running game.

Wilson is a perfect fit for this team and this offense, but only with Lynch. The moment we lose Lynch we go from being one of the better teams in the NFC to being a bit better than middle of the road.

Getting rid of Lynch would be as smart a decision as trading for Percy Harvin. Anotherwords, it would be terminally stupid.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Just the mear thought of that makes me wanna puke . Lynch IS the Seahawks . We got zero nothing nada zilch without him.

StoneCold

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":37ge08p4 said:
It would be stupid.

Lynch had a bad day. We lost. It isn't a coincidence.

Lynch can carry this team. Wilson is a good QB, maybe even a great QB.

But he has been given 2 chances to win the game this year and drive the team down for the winning score. Once in SD and once in KC. Both times he couldn't.

Wilson simply isn't the kind of QB that can put his team on his back and win in spite of substandard OL or substandard WRs. Losing Lynch would mean this team would revert to being a very average team and likely would mean Wilson would turn into a very average QB. It wouldn't even be his fault. Wilson is simply not a Steve Young or Joe Montana transcendent QB, he needs help. He is a matchup nightmare, but only if you have a running game.

Wilson is a perfect fit for this team and this offense, but only with Lynch. The moment we lose Lynch we go from being one of the better teams in the NFC to being a bit better than middle of the road.

Getting rid of Lynch would be as smart a decision as trading for Percy Harvin. Anotherwords, it would be terminally stupid.

Did you watch last year? Do you remember Houston. Do you remember Tampa Bay. Those wins were pure Russell.

And Lynch did not have a bad day in KC. He had 124 yards on 24 carries.

There's a theme running through several threads here that if someone doesn't come through 100% of the time then their not good.

SC

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":37281y8z said:
Kamcussion":37281y8z said:
Sucks moving on from Lynch but Gurley or Gordon... Softens the blow a little.
Gurley tore his ACL Saturday so, um, no.

I'd not heard this 'SD1. That is terrible. One helluva back and he woulda been my choice over Gordon...if I had to make that choice. But I am confident Lynch will be back with us next year and even if not, we sure as hell better not be using our 1st on an RB. IF Pete and co can't get along with ML, that's just too damn bad. This isn't a popularity contest. I don't care of Lynch is doinking Pete's mom, we are in no way positioned for life after Lynch at this time, imo.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a back from Delaware State CC that's putting up 8,000 yards a game that will probably be the next great back that we could draft in the 7th.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Never have liked that prick Rapaport (?sp). Where is the impetus fro this story coming from? is there anything actually that has been proven said from any member of our FO or is this more media speculation to be followed by a retraction.

Is this little media weasel just trying to stir up scheit in the team locker room.

It'd be nice to hear from JS to clear up this stuff and put it in the dumper where it belongs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Remember when they talked about the game on the radio? Seems like a long time ago.
They'd rather talk about Lynch for an hour plus at a time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's pure crappola and gossipy crud.

Don't really care except it is not very fair to Lynch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's clear that media around here doesn't like the guy. A bunch of butt hurt folks who think he owes them something.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Gurley got hurt and Gordon will be long gone before we pick. Any running back we do pick will still be stuck behind this patch work OL. I hope we comit to Beast for a few more seasons and use our picks and resources to build a line that can help any back be successful and pass block well enough that our tight end doesn't have to stay in and block so often.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I imagine Gurley will still be very interesting to teams. Everybody likes a bargain and with the injury every team in the league is going to be convincing themselves they can end up with a top tier talent for cheap. I bet somebody will bite on him in the back half of the first round.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The pundits are trying to create a soap opera and sell stories. If we hadn't won the SuperB Owl last year, you'd probably not see these stories.

I really don't care, it's the territory that goes with being the defending SuperB Owl Champions and a lot of people's pick to repeat.