Tukuafu to play offense and defense?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I just caught the end of Bevell's press conference today, and he was asked if he was ok with Tukuafu playing both sides of the ball and he said he thought he'd be able to handle it fine.

Hoping someone has heard more details on this, but it sounds like they plan on getting him into the d-line rotation, or perhaps he's just practicing there to be ready in case one of the remaining guys gets hurt? Interesting either way.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2us1to19 said:
He played DE at Oregon right?

I believe he can play DE and DT as well as FB. It's just not commonplace (at least in the Seahawks realm) to see one guy playing both sides of the ball. I would guess that since we don't use the fullback 75% of the time, he should be able to handle some snaps on the other side of the ball.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":8hybb1bi said:
My guess is he is an emergency DT.

This would be my guess as well. It's nice that he can fill in if need be (since he has a background playing the position), but I would guess this will only happen if one or two guys go down this week. I would also guess the team will be sweeping the waiver wire and practice squads over the next week looking at DT and DE, since they seem to be a bit thin right now.

Just looking into Tukuafu and I would have never guessed he was already 30, I didn't realize he had been around that long.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2eu3onyz said:
I wonder how he is at TE?

I just noticed my mistake. It should have read FB not TE.

All this talk about Miller today has TE on the brain

Latest posts