Alex Smith has not thrown a TD Pass to a WR this year

iigakusei

Reaction score
Just found it interesting - how is that even possible? 11 TD passes and zero to WR's.

byau

Reaction score
Andy Reid is a stud.

Interesting stat though. No pass TDs to a wide receiver on offense. And on defense, no rushing TDs allowed yet right?

A

Anonymous

Barthawk":3tojmr3s said:
but doom n gloomers are predicting 30+ points for the Alex Smith machine on Sunday..

Nice.

Yeah, they have been doing their winning through sheer luck, defense scoring, turnovers, penalty's, and the run. With the occasional pass, of course. :mrgreen:

I think it's more of a "Andy Reid like's to use different players in the red zone" thing than anything else.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Gonna be pretty tough to match up against Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor(possibly) then. Hope they have a good offensive line.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has only thrown 4 TDs to WRs (2 of them were to Lockette, 1 to Kearse, 1 to Baldwin).

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Wilson's only thrown four TD's to receivers -- one each to Baldwin and Kearse and a couple to Lockette. In comparison he's thrown three to Lynch and one each to Turbin, Willson, Coleman and Heflet.

I suspect in both cases it's SEA & KC utilizing their talent well. They have an exceptional running back who is effective in the passing game and a terrific new-age tight end. Seattle's best player on offense is Lynch. He has 12 total touchdowns already.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Other than pass distribution, Alex Smith and Russ have pretty much identical stats. It's kinda spooky.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Smith has long had the reputation of making his receivers invisible though, correct? I think it's an issue Russell has had this year as well. Funnily enough, they both have nearly identical passing numbers this year (edit: which Scottemojo just pointed out).

OP
OP
iigakusei

iigakusei

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1g1h7wy9 said:
Wilson's only thrown four TD's to receivers -- one each to Baldwin and Kearse and a couple to Lockette. In comparison he's thrown three to Lynch and one each to Turbin, Willson, Coleman and Heflet.

I suspect in both cases it's SEA & KC utilizing their talent well. They have an exceptional running back who is effective in the passing game and a terrific new-age tight end. Seattle's best player on offense is Lynch. He has 12 total touchdowns already.

Yeah I admit I don't know much about Kelce - is he mostly a route runner or is he a decent blocker as well?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
captain-checkdown.jpg

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
iigakusei":2soun67l said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2soun67l said:

Yeah I admit I don't know much about Kelce - is he mostly a route runner or is he a decent blocker as well?

I know enough about him to have dropped him from my fantasy team for very mediocre performance the past few weeks.

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":1hrku54p said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1hrku54p said:

I think the best way to describe him is a poor mans Gronkowski. He's a big target with good hands, and decent speed and tackle breaking. He's really the only one on that offense that worries me (outside Jamaal Charles of course).

Erebus

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks we'll end both of their steaks? I think we'll give up a TD to a WR and I think Lynch will get a rushing TD.

getnasty

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3atc8ylt said:
The only thing I'm sure of now, is that Smith will throw a TD to Bowe on Sunday.

Bingo! I'm running to the waiver wire for AJ Jenkins as soon as im done with this post.

HawkWow

Reaction score
iigakusei":2wn4dm1w said:
Just found it interesting - how is that even possible? 11 TD passes and zero to WR's.

One thing this interesting stat shows is that like Russ, Smith is more interested in hitting the open man than targeting and / or appeasing WRs. Testimony to their ability to *manage the game.

*Despite the erroneous definition oft used by newer fans, the term game manager is, and should forever be, complimentary when discussing the position.

It also shows a big bodied receiver doesn't automatically translate to TDs.

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3o2oqsj3 said:
Other than pass distribution, Alex Smith and Russ have pretty much identical stats. It's kinda spooky.

I would never have expected that Alex Smith had the same amount of rushing yards and TDs as RW

Every day there is a surprise :)