Seahawks Sign RaShaun Allen

kidhawk

Reaction score
After placing Mebane on IR, we signed Allen from the Vikings PS per Seahawks app

I'd guess this means that Willson is going to be missing some time

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":2yl38fo4 said:
Think we released him on Halloween or right before it. He wasn't with the Vikings for long.

Yup. He was on our practice squad and was released October 30 to make room for us to sign TE Brackett who has no re-signed with the Titans.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Didn't they sign Tony Moeaki, TE last week? isn't he in the mix for TE...sounds like they plan to go with Helfet and Allen according to the article in the above post.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1bdkq99g said:
Didn't they sign Tony Moeaki, TE last week? isn't he in the mix for TE...sounds like they plan to go with Helfet and Allen according to the article in the above post.

I'm sure Pete will be asked about it in his presser today, and probably on Friday, but he often doesn't say who he plans to play. I'd say that signing Allen is mostly a depth move. Last week he had Moeaki and didn't activate him, in the thought that two would be plenty, then when Willson was hurt, we only had Heflet out there the rest of the game.

If I recall correctly, Heflet has been hampered with a sore knee. Not enough to cause him to miss practice or any games, but maybe enough where Pete will play it safe this week with the TE numbers. I'd think he will have all three active this week.