Any word on wagner and chancellor? Plus my chiefs insight

redhawk253

Reaction score
Has pete commented on their availability yet this week? I know wagner was supposed to start running again. Chancellor was apparently trying to convince them to let him go last week. So sounds like atleast we get bambam back. It would be huge if we got wagner back.. But only if hes 100.. Dont wanna reinjure that toe. We need him if were gona make a push late.

These guys would be huge vs chiefs. They are a run first.. Dink pass offense. Smith loves to check down on underneath and over the middle routes. With mebane out in the middle i think we see a lot of runs up the middle and theyre gona try us over the middle and underneath as we have kinda sucked since wagner went out and even more with bambam out.

I do like our chances despite anything because were a good running team and they are 20th in run def.. Their pass defence is their strength and comversely they are a good run offense and run defense is our strength and their pass offense is sorry which should also play into us well. But like i said.. Smith doesnt really test the corners on the edges he goes at em underneath on checkdown routes which have been a big problem for us lately.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete said in his presser Monday, that Wagner will run on the ground this week, so he's progressing well, but it's not likely he plays this week.

Chancellor is scheduled to practice on Wednesday and they'll see what happens from there.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100726

rideaducati

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":38hnliki said:
Travis Kelce is going to light us up. Good thing he's on my fantasy team.

Never heard of him, but if he's gonna light all of our victory cigars, good for him. Smoking lamp is lit.

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1rkae8nm said:

I heard Greg Olsen was going to light us up too...

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cartire":2b0uktcy said:
SacHawk2.0":2b0uktcy said:

I heard Greg Olsen was going to light us up too...

Some guy named Donnell was gonna do the same... I've been waiting for a while now for a TE to light my damn cigar.

HawkWow

Reaction score
redhawk253":2r4m0lt7 said:
Has pete commented on their availability yet this week? I know wagner was supposed to start running again. Chancellor was apparently trying to convince them to let him go last week. So sounds like atleast we get bambam back. It would be huge if we got wagner back.. But only if hes 100.. Dont wanna reinjure that toe. We need him if were gona make a push late.

These guys would be huge vs chiefs. They are a run first.. Dink pass offense. Smith loves to check down on underneath and over the middle routes. With mebane out in the middle i think we see a lot of runs up the middle and theyre gona try us over the middle and underneath as we have kinda sucked since wagner went out and even more with bambam out.

I do like our chances despite anything because were a good running team and they are 20th in run def.. Their pass defence is their strength and comversely they are a good run offense and run defense is our strength and their pass offense is sorry which should also play into us well. But like i said.. Smith doesnt really test the corners on the edges he goes at em underneath on checkdown routes which have been a big problem for us lately.

The Chiefs are indeed a very good team. They don't do anything exotic but they stay true to sound fundamentals. I like 'em.

In many ways they remind me a lot of us and I credit Andy for not attempting to extend Alex, expecting deep strikes or designed QB runs. I say this because Reid loves the long ball and counted on McNabb (in particular) to do that as well as to move the chains with his legs when necessary.. and even when not. Similar to how we use Wilson.

With Mebane toast, it would be common sense for Reid to run the ball even more than usual...and that's why I think he won't. Andy has balls and despite his conservative rep, he is capable of calling fearless football. In this game, with our pass rush diminished, I expect Andy to step outside of Alex's comfort zone and have him test our secondary. I won't be stunned if he opens his offense with more passes than runs and probably going to the the deep ball as well.

With both players and the Arrowhead crowd wanting us as much or more than any other team in the league (they all do), Andy can piss away the first series or two and look to make a statement on those possessions, or at the least, keep us from comfortably gearing-up towards the run.

I expect this game to feel like a playoff game (they all do) and Pete better bring his A game against Reid. To our favor, The Chiefs haven't been putting up many points in the last several weeks. Since their demo-job of NE (uber impressive win) they've only beat up on STL, and STL played very poorly, even by Rams standards.

KC will need 27 to beat us and if they score 27, history says they will.

Latest posts