Not afraid

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
With the discussions of our next game at KC I got to thinking,,,, f it ,,,just bring it KC. Yeah it's in KC and the cheifs have a tough team this year but I'm not afraid. Years ago in this situation I would have been thinking, " we can win but what stars have to be aligned for it to happen?",,,i.e. 2010 saints playoffs or the 1988 Denver game in Denver opening day.

Now yes that is a little smack talk but the reason for this post is,,,,, since 2012, I do not cringe from any situation or any team in the NFL. Thought we had it rough the first half of the season but the second will be just as tough if not tougher. In the old days I would have taken our victim hood mind set on this ( we know that one right?) Not anymore . We are 6-3. Remember how many old seasons we would have killed for that start ? And I have to consistently convince myself that we are having a good season lol.

Just doing some reminissing today. It is so great to be a seahawk fan right now ,,what an experience.

# side note- I'm over the steelers but I would still love to bring this group of hawks into Pittsburgh and just punch them in the balls

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I wouldn't use 'afraid' in this sense in any case, but I'm not sure I like our chances. KC is a good team and a tough crowd. In a given NFL season your goal is to go 8-0 at home and win half your road games. That's the goal for top tier NFL team. This isn't me saying this, this is the sentiment of many coaches and analysts - winning on the road in this game is tough, and against a good team, which I believe the chiefs are, a team that's been struggling like ours could have a tough time.

It's not fear, more so just logic and an understanding of the situations. I also believe this team can beat any team anywhere. I think the odds are against us a little this week though. We'll see. Haven't dug into the numbers yet and the only game Ive watched KC play is the one where they blew out New England.

DrDix

Reaction score
Hawknballs":j7ov0c7b said:
I wouldn't use 'afraid' in this sense in any case, but I'm not sure I like our chances. KC is a good team and a tough crowd. In a given NFL season your goal is to go 8-0 at home and win half your road games. That's the goal for top tier NFL team. This isn't me saying this, this is the sentiment of many coaches and analysts - winning on the road in this game is tough, and against a good team, which I believe the chiefs are, a team that's been struggling like ours could have a tough time.

It's not fear, more so just logic and an understanding of the situations. I also believe this team can beat any team anywhere. I think the odds are against us a little this week though. We'll see. Haven't dug into the numbers yet and the only game Ive watched KC play is the one where they blew out New England.

No, the goal is to win every game possible, regardless of where it is. You do not have the same mentality the Seahawks do.

It doesn't matter where, when or how, I like the Seahawks chances in every single game. There's no reason not to.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Isnt Arrowhead where Russell basically won the job from Flynn in the pre-season a few years back?

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DrDix":1yl5qx6u said:
Hawknballs":1yl5qx6u said:

No, the goal is to win every game possible, regardless of where it is. You do not have the same mentality the Seahawks do.

It doesn't matter where, when or how, I like the Seahawks chances in every single game. There's no reason not to.

Umm I would disagree , the "mentality" I have always had but this organization hasn't always had it. I probably should have used a different word but don't take "afraid" literally . Maybe concerned or not negative but " I'm not negative anymore" doesn't really stress the point does it?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is the first regular season game in KC for current coaches and players on the Seahawks (as Seahawks). Should be a good game.....after all Arrowhead stadium is the second noisiest and hardest place to play in NFL.

I still remember a game from the 1990 season....Derrick Thomas owned the Seahawk offense with 8 sacks but in the end Dave Krieg to Paul Skansi touchdown pass won the game. That game was in mid-November too. Maybe a repeat this Sunday?

SeaChase

Reaction score
I'm terrified. A one dimensional offense will be exploited by any decent defense...

rideaducati

Reaction score
Who the hell is skeerd of Alice Smith? That's like being afraid of Bambi...the movie.

seahawksny

Reaction score
rideaducati":t3brhh2c said:
Who the hell is skeerd of Alice Smith? That's like being afraid of Bambi...the movie.

Well
Bambi or Alice has beaten us before. Those niner trams are similar to this kc team

SeaChase

Reaction score
Late at night, when the lights go off, I have nightmares of Wilsons horrible accuracy...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":13lyn9tn said:
This is the first regular season game in KC for current coaches and players on the Seahawks (as Seahawks). Should be a good game.....after all Arrowhead stadium is the second noisiest and hardest place to play in NFL.

I still remember a game from the 1990 season....Derrick Thomas owned the Seahawk offense with 8 sacks but in the end Dave Krieg to Paul Skansi touchdown pass won the game. That game was in mid-November too. Maybe a repeat this Sunday?

i remember it well... but if the late, great Derrick Thomas gets 8 sacks in that game, we lose.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":147a42dz said:
Isnt Arrowhead where Russell basically won the job from Flynn in the pre-season a few years back?

It is. And that literally means nothing come this Sunday.

StoneCold

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3t1w6ud2 said:
DrDix":3t1w6ud2 said:
Hawknballs":3t1w6ud2 said:

Umm I would disagree , the "mentality" I have always had but this organization hasn't always had it. I probably should have used a different word but don't take "afraid" literally . Maybe concerned or not negative but " I'm not negative anymore" doesn't really stress the point does it?

DISAGREE! The proper attitude is, "We want the ball and we're gonna score!"

Oops, we might have some trouble.

SC