"I like the way we're going" Pete Carroll.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
What's not to like?
Russ running for his freakin' life, and that's when he's passing.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3aicyky6 said:
What's not to like?

6-3. Just ran for 350 yards in a game.

While it's great to do that, there are some legitimate questions about our passing game, and lately, Russell's decision making. I've always felt the kid was unflappable, but something's going on here. I was scoffed at a few weeks back when I suggested that perhaps the young man had too much on his plate. Maybe not...either way he's not looking like the decisive slinger he was before. Footwork? Trying to do too much during the game? Lynch's performance today as well as the O line finally coming around may ease some of the self-imposed burden he's laid on himself. We'll see. Kansas City's defense is no pushover and it's going to be a hell of a fight.

kearly

Reaction score
Seahawks finished this game strong. And not just the run game, Wilson finished well and so did the defense.

It feels like something very special has been brewing with Seattle's run game for some time, but this was a perfect storm scenario. The Seahawks running game reached a new plane of existence. You almost never see a rushing performance this lopsided in professional football.

It's crazy that Seattle entered this game ranked #2 in the NFL in rushing- an elite rushing team- yet this team rushing performance still had the feel of a "turning the corner" kind of game. I don't think they'll run up 350 on the Chiefs, but this run game looks like it could carry the team a lot further than we thought it could before.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Rocket":22qije5q said:
What's not to like?

Running for his life?

We must've watched a different game.

The hysteria surrounding the offensive line is unbelievable in Seattle.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1gaqv2lb said:
Rocket":1gaqv2lb said:
What's not to like?

Running for his life?

We must've watched a different game.

The hysteria surrounding the offensive line is unbelievable in Seattle.

Yes, most runs were designed plays, I thought the o-line played a lot better yesterday.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Not that Tukuafu plays every down, but I sure like the way he's contributed. Having snagged him to help open holes could prove to be a mini-coup d'état.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I honestly think our O line is going to start to gel in a hurry. Getting Okung and Unger Healthy will free things up a little for Sweezy and especially Britt. They can move on from trying to hold things together, to actually functioning as a cohesive unit. Everyone is in a frenzy about our passing game lately, perhaps rightly so, but I think fixing the Offensive line is paramount to our immediate post season plans. Having an epic 4 headed monster of a running game sure as hell helps offset our passing deficiency somewhat. If we start to feature Turbin and Michael a bit more it will certainly keep teams guessing. The game yesterday is what a lot of us were hoping to see with Harvin here, so to see it coming together without him and his gargantuan cap hit is just icing.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":1a737tou said:
Not that Tukuafu plays every down, but I sure like the way he's contributed. Having snagged him to help open holes could prove to be a mini-coup d'état.

He's a big boy and I saw him lay the wood in the hole a couple times yesterday and it's only his second game... I agree, I think that may turn out to be a crucial pick-up.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2inehmie said:
Ruminator":2inehmie said:

He's a big boy and I saw him lay the wood in the hole a couple times yesterday and it's only his second game... I agree, I think that may turn out to be a crucial pick-up.

His rapid progression combined with a (hopefully soon) return of Zach Miller could prove to be huge in the coming weeks.

sturg78

Reaction score
When we are healthy we will start to own suckas. I trust in russ to fix his issues

Mojambo

Reaction score
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Moeaki get some reps this week and hopefully get some game action in KC.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is all a dream, running teams don't go anywhere, this is a QB driven league, the run game is dead, pass pass pass, who cares if you have incompletions or interceptions, the fans want passing. :sarcasm_on:

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":26zal2rw said:
This is all a dream, running teams don't go anywhere, this is a QB driven league, the run game is dead, pass pass pass, who cares if you have incompletions or interceptions, the fans want passing. :sarcasm_on:

You will conform... resistance is futile.