With our great run game..

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Why the hell do we struggle so much in the passing game ! That kinda run game should open up the passing game more .
I'm just miffed about this . Our ground game is way too dominant for this to keep rearing it's ugly head.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawkfannj":37d16ks2 said:
Why the hell do we struggle so much in the passing game ! That kinda run game should open up the passing game more .
I'm just miffed about this . Our ground game is way too dominant for this to keep rearing it's ugly head.

Because as good as our oline is in run blocking, they are really bad in pass blocking, we have no #1 WR, our best Wr would be a #2 or #3 on most good teams, and our route tree is awful. Our best pass play is Wilson scrambling till someone gets open

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wilson's in a slump, and he isn't getting much help.
The run game today is really encouraging, on the other hand everyone has run on NY

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Anthony!":3nj80qo2 said:
hawkfannj":3nj80qo2 said:

Because as good as our oline is in run blocking, they are really bad in pass blocking, we have no #1 WR, our best Wr would be a #2 or #3 on most good teams, and our route tree is awful. Our best pass play is Wilson scrambling till someone gets open
Please, today they gave him plenty of time, Wilson is off.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Our running game isn't as good as it was last year, people on this board said so just last month.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wilson opened up a lot himself in the running game. Rushed for over 100 himself, opened up huge holes in the middle. He was a big factor in the win, even if off with his throws.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":z9lfdauz said:
Anthony!":z9lfdauz said:
hawkfannj":z9lfdauz said:

Please, today they gave him plenty of time, Wilson is off.

Yea, Wilson is not looking good the last several games. Today might have been the worst of it. He had plenty of time to pass today and either made poor decisions or didnt trust himself. I think he realized it and just called his own number on that read option cuz he could pick up easy yards. He needs to find his passing game. Running QBs don't last long in this league.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2p1bg0y6 said:
Wilson opened up a lot himself in the running game. Rushed for over 100 himself, opened up huge holes in the middle. He was a big factor in the win, even if off with his throws.
Reminded me of the Oregon Ducks offense.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Wilson's not playing well, he seems to be pretty scared in there. Someone mentioned happy feet, and despite not believing it last week, it kind of looked like that today. Our pass pro is really poor. I'm not going to accept the argument that it's on Wilson because he scrambles too early, we really struggle to give him long enough to let a play develop/our receivers get into their routes.

There were a couple of promising signs today where our O-line gave Russ some time, and I have no doubt these improvements were a result of Unger and Okung being back, but we need to do it a little more consistently, plus you'd expect it to improve given our success running the ball. Britt continued his struggles from last week, getting Miller back's going to be a pretty big deal.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Whatever works. He played the point guard role well. That's valuable.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wilson is still pressing.

No bigs, he has a week to get right.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":17wftzs2 said:
Wilson's not playing well, he seems to be pretty scared in there. Someone mentioned happy feet, and despite not believing it last week, it kind of looked like that today. Our pass pro is really poor. I'm not going to accept the argument that it's on Wilson because he scrambles too early, we really struggle to give him long enough to let a play develop/our receivers get into their routes.

There were a couple of promising signs today where our O-line gave Russ some time, and I have no doubt these improvements were a result of Unger and Okung being back, but we need to do it a little more consistently, plus you'd expect it to improve given our success running the ball. Britt continued his struggles from last week, getting Miller back's going to be a pretty big deal.
Today Wilson had time, I'm not going to accept people blaming it on pass pro today. When he holds the ball for over 4 seconds, that is on him. He's playing off.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
Just a feeling, but I think after Lynch's recent dominance, opposing defenses are going to try to focus everything on him and Wilson's running. If Bevell gets some more play action going Wilson won't be slumping at all. That and not playing in heavy rain should help.

There's no way in hell Wilson puts up a game like this for the rest of the year. For his passing at least.

Largent80

Reaction score
RW is kinda looking like David Carr when he became gun shy and a pillbug.

RW is way more talented and Bevell was smart in his continuous use of the mis direction play that just kept working.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1c3souii said:
Whatever works. He played the point guard role well. That's valuable.
How often will this style work? Against the better teams in the NFL we're going to need to get more production through the air. We were playing one of the worst secondary's in the NFL, yet we couldn't get any semblance of a passing game going, despite Lynch going off.

Wilson is not playing good football right now.

sturg78

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1fdjsn21 said:
SomersetHawk":1fdjsn21 said:

Today Wilson had time, I'm not going to accept people blaming it on pass pro today. When he holds the ball for over 4 seconds, that is on him. He's playing off.

You may be right, however he could have 16 seconds to hold the ball and it wouldn't matter if the WRs are unable to separate.

Exittium

Reaction score
Yeah he was off and, when he threw the to high pass.. all i could think of was he was having the same issues in preseason.

Rainger

Reaction score
Lets not lose sight that the Giants are terrible against the run. We have struggled against some other teams. We need to get all we can get against the D lines of Zona and SF. Because it will be much tougher against both of them. However hopefully we will continue to get health on the line.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
sturg78":2ftf49kf said:
Spin Doctor":2ftf49kf said:
SomersetHawk":2ftf49kf said:

You may be right, however he could have 16 seconds to hold the ball and it wouldn't matter if the WRs are unable to separate.
What about when they WERE open? His accuracy was garbage today.