If you could add any current NFL Player on the Seahawks..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
.. who are you taking?

We have done these topics previously, but I think it will be really interesting now since we appear to have chinks in the armor this season.

I really want to say Demaryius Thomas, Tyron Smith or Antonio Brown .. but I think I will go with J.J. Watt. Watt, IMO, is the most complete player in football.. and thinking of him on our defense gives me warm tingly feelings.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I fully expected to open this to read Andrew Luck, kudos on the pick, I'd take Watt too. If you'd asked a couple of years ago then I may have gone Megatron.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3plabjjm said:
.. who are you taking?

We have done these topics previously, but I think it will be really interesting now since we appear to have chinks in the armor this season.

I really want to say Demaryius Thomas, Tyron Smith or Antonio Brown .. but I think I will go with J.J. Watt. Watt, IMO, is the most complete player in football.. and thinking of him on our defense gives me warm tingly feelings.

JJ Watt @ 3T would be awesome sauce x1 million. Whole lotta sauce.

If he they could stay healthy I would choose Rob Gronokowski or Calvin Johnson for their elite Red Zone ability.

firebee

Reaction score
Tyron Smith, but I'd start him at LG over Carp and keep Okung at LT. If Okung's injured, we kick Smith out to LT or we could kick Smith to LT, move Okung to RT and let Britt challenge for the start at LG or RG. To me... Tyron Smith would improve our offensive line waaayyy more than J.J. Watt would improve our defensive line. I already think we have someone similar to Watt. His name is Michael Bennett and I still say Cassius Marsh is going to develop into a sweet DE / pass rushing DT for us.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Would we have to pay their salary? Watt is the obvious answer but he does have a $21 million cap hit next year that would make things awkward. I would gladly pay Tyron Smith $10m/year for the next decade.

If salary is a factor then I would also look at Kuechly - $3.5m this year and $4m next year. Either he or Wagner could play will and opponents wouldn't be able to nickel and dime their way down the field nearly as easily.

Cartire

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson or JJ Watt are the only acceptable answers.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Law of Diminishing Returns. Watt is probably like the best pure football player in the NFL, but we already have a good defense.

Going to go out of the box here, I would say a player in the mold of Gronkowski or AJ Green is probably more important to this team right now.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Watt would make our D-line rotation ridiculous. It seems like we need some help on Offense, and I agree with those saying solid Oline help would make the biggest impact. I don't really keep up with all of the best lineman in the NFL, but I would think a crazy good LT or Center who is really young still would be the most valueable addition long term. Sexy pick is like Demarius Thomas, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald type who can get open and make ridiculous catches.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Cartire":312l275d said:
Actually Watt is the only acceptable answer, and that would be the case even if the Hawks had 4 All-Pro's starting across their D-line. He's the best player in the game, at one of the most critical positions ,and is establishing a foundation to someday potentially being considered the greatest all-around D-lineman in NFL history.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2o5aqy2k said:
Cartire":2o5aqy2k said:
Actually Watt is the only acceptable answer, and that would be the case even if the Hawks had 4 All-Pro's starting across their D-line. He's the best player in the game, at one of the most critical positions ,and is establishing a foundation to someday potentially being considered the greatest all-around D-lineman in NFL history.

And yet the Texans went 2-14 with him last year and are mediocre this year. I agree he may be the best pure football player in the game, but he alone doesn't add wins if the other elements of the team aren't there. The biggest issue on this team is on offense -- redzone and third down. Improving that area would be the biggest contributing factor to actually increasing score margins and assuring more victories.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Percy Harvin... or better yet the Broncos O-line

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Martellus Bennett. We need all the levity we can get! And a TE who can actually catch.
Honestly though JJ would be awesome.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Calvin and Watt make a lot of sense, but I'm not sure they would provide the biggest improvement to our team. (IMO, Russell is routinely running for his life and not looking downfield often enough to fully and consistently utilize Calvin, and our d-line is already very good).

I think upgrading the O-line with somebody like the 49ers' Anthony Davis at RT would have a big impact. I like Britt, but he's still an inconsistent rookie. Garry Gillium? This position needs help…

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm going to change my answer to Carson Palmer. Putting him in at backup QB would be the single biggest difference in our chances of winning the NFC West this year.