Seahawks Claim DE Demarcus Dobbs (Official)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Interesting pickup. Dobbs was a TE that they converted to DT (or DE in their 3-4). He's a big boy.. 6-2, 285 ish.

He was the guy on defense that was rocking a tight ends number for the Niners

dobbs_demarcus_ci.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL.

Round and round we go. They can't help themselves (and before you think I'm being critical of Seattle, I'm referring to BOTH teams).

Just to correct a previous poster tho...

...he wasn't a TE they converted to DT/DE. He was a college DE who they used to play on offense as a TE and FB...hence the #83 (so he wouldn't have to report). Similar to Will Tukuafu...whom Seattle also signed. Dobbs role on offense tho had all but evaporated.

He's an odd one. Really flashed as a rookie in Preseason a few years ago. Looked unblockable. Got himself in some trouble and got hurt and really hasn't been the same guy since.

He was released mostly to give Dorsey, Dial, and Carradine some time.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Wasn't this the guy in street clothes that hit Jeremy Lane out of bounds when Lane was covering a punt in the NFCCG??

Largent80

Reaction score
arghawkfan":2fixkqad said:
Wasn't this the guy in street clothes that hit Jeremy Lane out of bounds when Lane was covering a punt in the NFCCG??

Shhhhh, we got 2 games coming up with Santa Clara.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/530128239084470272[/tweet]

Sad to see Gregg Scruggs season come to an end.

Marvin49

Reaction score
arghawkfan":38hsagg1 said:

No..that was a STR and Conditioning coach if I recall.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Scruggs on IR? Geez, I didn't even know he was hurt. I thought he was back finally and looking better.

Exittium

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3awszj1e said:
Scruggs on IR? Geez, I didn't even know he was hurt. I thought he was back finally and looking better.
Maybe he was and just wasnt looking that much better(probably some knee issues still), but they're not fully convinced to give up just yet and want to keep him

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":zgbry5ch said:
LOL.

Round and round we go. They can't help themselves (and before you think I'm being critical of Seattle, I'm referring to BOTH teams).

Just to correct a previous poster tho...

...he wasn't a TE they converted to DT/DE. He was a college DE who they used to play on offense as a TE and FB...hence the #83 (so he wouldn't have to report). Similar to Will Tukuafu...whom Seattle also signed. Dobbs role on offense tho had all but evaporated.

He's an odd one. Really flashed as a rookie in Preseason a few years ago. Looked unblockable. Got himself in some trouble and got hurt and really hasn't been the same guy since.

He was released mostly to give Dorsey, Dial, and Carradine some time.

Ah ok. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Exittium":im4mg9hq said:
keatonisballin":im4mg9hq said:
Maybe he was and just wasnt looking that much better(probably some knee issues still), but they're not fully convinced to give up just yet and want to keep him

His knee would "act up" since he returned to the field, but no reports of anything serious until now.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Is Dobbs a DE or DT b/c he seems like he's the build of one Clinton McDonald.

Losing Scruggs sucks but I'm definitely intrigued by Dobbs...and wonder if Quinn can mold him into an active contributor.

Jville

Reaction score
Special teams has struggled recently .... and apparently that is where Dobbs has been featured.

Interesting that mention of a 280 to 290 weight window keeps reappearing lately ...... Clinton .... Gregg ...... ect.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/530132843016380416[/tweet]

The Seahawks also signed DE Ryan Robinson to their practice squad. The 6'4, 255 DE was signed by the Raiders as a UDFA last year. Here's his NFLDraftScout profile. Here's what Silver and Black Pride had to say about him.
[urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/11/5/7164317/seahawks-demarcus-dobbs-off-waivers-from-49ers-per-his-agent[/urltargetblank]

[urltargetblank]http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/5/15/4332866/oakland-raiders-udfa-player-profile-ryan-robinson[/urltargetblank]

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=96137&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE[/urltargetblank]