For the Stats Junkie

kidhawk

Reaction score
I knew the team did these but hadn't seen them posted online before. It's this weeks game notes full of stats and information all collected in a nice and neat pdf format.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/files/2014/11/n.y.-giants-1.pdf[/urltargetblank]

Got it from the blog at the News Tribune today.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/11/05/assessing-a-rather-extraordinary-first-half-to-this-seahawks-season/[/urltargetblank]

pehawk

Reaction score
Most interesting tidbit?

This;

Russell Wilson Thru First Eight Games of Each Season
Year Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rtg
2012 210 129 61.4 1,466 10 8 82.4
2013 205 125 61.0 1,628 13 4 99.0
2014 242 152 62.8 1,669 11 3 93.1

Wilson's playing somewhere between his first 8 games of 2012 and first 8 of 2013. And that's off of his worst 8 quarters, accuracy wise, I've ever seen from him. Even when his accuracy was down, he didn't miss touchdown throws.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ikb30oj said:
pehawk":2ikb30oj said:
Most interesting tidbit?

This;

Wilson's playing somewhere between his first 8 games of 2012 and first 8 of 2013. And that's off of his worst 8 quarters, accuracy wise, I've ever seen from him. Even when his accuracy was down, he didn't miss touchdown throws.

Only 3 INTs so far this season is very nice, but I think we can all admit he's been pretty lucky on that front. Still, I agree, he's played his two worst games - accuracy-wise - as a Seahawk back-to-back, and is still looking respectable. I look for him to really come on as the second half of the season rolls on. Richardson and Norwood both look like they can develop into reliable weapons for Russell in the passing game. Kearse has dropped off, even Baldwin has had some egregious drops this year. What's impressed me most about Wilson this season has been how intelligent his runs have become. He's really choosing his moments well and has ripped off some fantastic QB runs, continuing to baffle DCs around the league. Love it.

He also got lucky, and unlucky last year with some INT's as well. I'm impressed on how sloppy his play has been but he has still been improving overall.

Smellyman

Reaction score
His "sloppy" play is due to a horrendous oline and pedestrian receivers. Lynch can't even get going on the ground.

to me it is remarkable how well he has played. I think most qb's would be dead playing in this offense so far this season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
OkieHawk":10pjjuhq said:
peachesenregalia":10pjjuhq said:
pehawk":10pjjuhq said:
Most interesting tidbit?

This;

Only 3 INTs so far this season is very nice, but I think we can all admit he's been pretty lucky on that front. Still, I agree, he's played his two worst games - accuracy-wise - as a Seahawk back-to-back, and is still looking respectable. I look for him to really come on as the second half of the season rolls on. Richardson and Norwood both look like they can develop into reliable weapons for Russell in the passing game. Kearse has dropped off, even Baldwin has had some egregious drops this year. What's impressed me most about Wilson this season has been how intelligent his runs have become. He's really choosing his moments well and has ripped off some fantastic QB runs, continuing to baffle DCs around the league. Love it.

He also got lucky, and unlucky last year with some INT's as well. I'm impressed on how sloppy his play has been but he has still been improving overall.
His sloppy play impresses you.....interesting. (saying this jokingly).

On a more serious note, I understand what you're saying. He's having a pretty good year based on what the stats are. He's up on total yards, down on ints, TDs are relatively the same as previous years.

Exception of Baldwin, the other receivers are very pedestrian. Richardson and Norwood are rooks but rest don't strike any fear into anyone. I'm starting to believe that Chris Carter was right about these receivers last year. This season shows him to be correct so far.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":29vcrxd9 said:
His "sloppy" play is due to a horrendous oline and pedestrian receivers. Lynch can't even get going on the ground.

to me it is remarkable how well he has played. I think most qb's would be dead playing in this offense so far this season.

Let's not go down this road, there is already a thread full of this. It may have been a poor choice of words on my part but let's just stick to the OP please. People seriously need to chill here.

byau

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ocsjevs said:
I knew the team did these but hadn't seen them posted online before. It's this weeks game notes full of stats and information all collected in a nice and neat pdf format.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/files/2014/11/n.y.-giants-1.pdf[/urltargetblank]

Got it from the blog at the News Tribune today.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/11/05/assessing-a-rather-extraordinary-first-half-to-this-seahawks-season/[/urltargetblank]

The second link, nice assessment and grading of the Seahawks. Can't argue with that

Jville

Reaction score
The Seahawks offer what the News Tribune posted and a whole lot more additional information, on line, at its' media site. IIRC, Historian used to post the following link a couple of times a year ..... as a courtesy.

Here is the direct link to the home page of the Seahawk Media Site >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawksmedia.com/default.htm[/urltargetblank]

Enjoy.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1y7i7djp said:
The Seahawks offer what the News Tribune posted and a whole lot more additional information, on line, at its' media site. IIRC, Historian used to post the following link a couple of times a year ..... as a courtesy.

Here is the direct link to the home page of the Seahawk Media Site >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawksmedia.com/default.htm[/urltargetblank]

Enjoy.

Thanks for the link. There is a LOT of cool information at that link.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Every QB is LUCKY.

How many would be picks have the Legion of Boom dropped?

Wonderboy Luck also has 2-5 a game that the other team doesn't capitalize on.

If one thing Russell has been is eerily consistent compared to his prior years and that's without Tate/Rice, the Harvin drama, Bevell's crazy schemes, the O-Line getting worse each game, and WRs being outrageously un-clutch in critical moments... not to mention his own accuracy issues.

Smellyman

Reaction score
OkieHawk":59dr3y65 said:
Smellyman":59dr3y65 said:

Let's not go down this road, there is already a thread full of this. It may have been a poor choice of words on my part but let's just stick to the OP please. People seriously need to chill here.

I guess I overreacted with an aggressive post......I will try to "chill"

sumos2005

Reaction score

I think we can all agree that if we are worrying/nitpicking about a Superbowl winning QB in year 3 with a 11-3 TD ratio completing 63% of his passes, the Hawks will be fine for years to come.