RW game winning drives...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Anyone else wonder why RW looks so amazing on drives when the game is on the line with only 2 minutes left to go, yet the rest of the game (especially on opening drives) he always looks pretty sub-average.

marko358

Reaction score
He's been a little more hit or miss this year on final drives. See: Chargers and Cowboys games

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Because he is allowed to be selfish and do "whatever it takes."

The rest of the time he is trying to make everyone happy, distribute the ball and not mess up.

The cat is unguardable which sometimes makes him seem selfish in the locker room.

Hes not black enough until crunchtime.

Too short for 3 quarters.

He forgets about his ex in pivotal moments.

That should about do it..

But seriously, the first two.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Hurry up, everybody is "urgent" motivated, and the gloves are off. The NFL is a fine line between too conservative and high risk. Some times you just gotta hedge your bets best you can and let it fly. I think sometimes RW, as much as I love him (and esp the way he takes care of the ball), can be a bit reluctant to try to fit the passes in the tight NFL windows. I remember Hass saying something to the effect once "....if a WR and DB are running down the field stride for stride, that WR is open in the NFL."

I think RW really just lets himself cut it loose when the game is on the line and why not, it is not "what have you got to lose", but rather "all you have is lose unless you take the shot."

Hawks46

Reaction score
When he takes over as a more dynamic play maker, he is almost impossible to account for. He's more aggressive in running the ball, which takes teams off balance since usually he hasn't tried to run the ball for positive yards earlier in the game. Then he gashes them with the run, and then hits them over the top with the pass.

Also, when we HAVE to have points to win a game, then we HAVE to throw it down the field. Once that threat is there, it softens up the defense a bit and Russ can either hit vertical routes or hit underneath and intermediate stuff towards the sidelines.

We haven't been stretching the field enough this year. I think that's going to change, and I honestly think Pete and Bevell are rope a doping the NFL right now. Notice all of Richardson's stuff has been intermediate passes and come backs. Towards the end of the season, in really important games (like getting into the playoffs) and the playoffs, we'll see Richardson going deeper a bit to throw more wrinkles at defenses.

I think we're going to see some different stuff all year when we play AZ. That's the leader of the pack and the ones we really need to hang two losses on.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Part of the problem is the scripted plays 25 of them, and he is not allowed to deviate form them and the OC will not stop till all 25 are done.

Another part is PC no TO mantra. He doe snot want Rw to take any chances unless its crunch time.

You saw in the SB what happens when we do not hold Rw back, you see it every so often when the OC decides not to script plays.

PC has said this is a running team and if you look at the oline man they have drafted they are run blockers not pass blocker. SO they are bad at pass blocking

NO #1 WR

PC and the OC not allowing for the use of the whole field. Most of our routes are left hash to out of bounds and right hash to out of bounds, Very few using the middle of the field. That is their TO adversity in gear.

You get the idea. All these things are also why I am worried about Rw leaving. He wants to be the best QB, not sure he can do it here. with this mentality he will never throw enough or have enough passing talent around him to be the best.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I never understood the sticking to those scripted plays deal. What happened to take what the defense gives us and not we're going to what we do...it's up to them to stop us

olyfan63

Reaction score
BlueBlood":37v96gsb said:
Because he is allowed to be selfish and do "whatever it takes."

The rest of the time he is trying to make everyone happy, distribute the ball and not mess up.

The cat is unguardable which sometimes makes him seem selfish in the locker room.

Hes not black enough until crunchtime.

Too short for 3 quarters.

He forgets about his ex in pivotal moments.

That should about do it..

But seriously, the first two.

.NET Post of the Week!
OK, at minimum, post of the Day ;-)

Yes, he stays in the now in those situations, instead of constantly worrying if his ex's lawyers are going to find a way shake him down when his big payday comes. The rest of the time... well, family court is a dirty business, and I think his ex hired a San Francisco-based law firm.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Pete has come right out and said that he likes to get a lead and then "let the defense take it home". The problem is that a two-score lead with plenty of time left on the clock isn't enough of a buffer (and our defense isn't that reliable right now). I really wish he would run the score up so we don't have to keep having these nail-biter endings. Maybe he thinks it's tacky, but I'd rather have that than see the team leading by 10 or 14 points at the half and acting like all they have to do is eat up the clock in the second half...only to blow the lead and have to scramble for the win. My heart can't take it, I tell you! I say when they're up by oh, 4 touchdowns then go ahead and dial it back to the fetal position. Until then - keep smashing!

Tundra

Reaction score
That's what his father used to ask him as a kid when they would talk about sports. Russ talked about it before and it motivated him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If I were Russell Wilson, and I had a mega deal in the works with the FO. I would make damn sure there was a clause in there to mandate that the OL get rejuvenated post haste. That is the only thing that would keep me in Seattle. Just look at what we did to Dave Kreig. That poor bastard never had an offensive line to protect him and I think maybe that is what endears him most to me to this day. The things he did with so little protection for so long are mind boggling. I just hope we don't do the same thing with Wilson. Its a double edged sword though because the more the FO spends on him means the less they have to spend on the OL. This leaves Carpenter (2015 FA), Okung (2015, 4.8M) and Unger (2015 4.5M) looking very susceptible. Britt and Sweezy are cheap and improving so I would guess they are fine.