Game Notes

Dreo

Reaction score
The announcers were hilarious today, openly mocking officials for phantom numbers called on penalties: "There is no number 76.", "76!? Welcome back Okung, is he here?." Aside from that comedy I thought the officiating was decent.

What wasn't hilarious was our O-Line play. I know we are down to back ups but come on. Pocket collapsing almost instantly on passing downs. I am now firmly questioning Tom Cable and his influence on draft picks. Our run blocking is pretty good but we really need a more balanced style in order to support RW moving forward.

Carr looks like that 80's metal Highlander antagonist with the helmet on.

RW, one of the worst games he has played. Just off all around, poor O-Line play aside. He almost seemed...spaced out throughout the entire game.

"Stone Hands" Willson. Most of the throws his way were slightly off (see above) but in general he shat the bed. Kearse had an off game too, but that seemed mostly to be a sync issue with RW (again, see above). Fixable, so not going to panic yet.

Loved the extended SEA-HAWKS! chants from the 12s throughout the game, even though on a couple of occasions it took the place of pure disruption noise. :0190l:

We finally started using screens more effectively to punish blitz and general pressure. The penalties negating these excellent, timely plays almost made me call and complain to the President, I was so mad.

Marcus Burley had a great game. KJ, Irvin and Avril too. Sherm obviously, finally an INT! Our defence is back!
On Offence Bobby Turbo really stepped up. As a total aside, Justin Forsette is having a great year in BAL. Proof that a backup can step up. Attaboy.

When Irvin tipped that ball up I was yelling "PICK THAT OFF!" and guess what, he did. Practically moon-walked his way to a TD.

Baldwin sucks at punt returns, but was his usual clutch self this game. Baldwin is awesome. In regards to punt returns, we miss Tate the most.

I must be a bad fan, but I fully expected the Seahawks to screw this one up. I must be conditioned by old times and expecting them to find a way to lose under the most unlikely situations. Very glad that they did not; I need to be a better and more optimistic fan.

Still a long haul ahead of us. If we crush SF twice, take one back from the Rams, teach 'Zona how to be Champs, and out-gun Philly I think we may just sneak back into this thing.