Bobby Wagner had good reason to negotiate his own contract

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner had good reason to negotiate his own contract

So, how does Wagner feel about the experience now that the negotiations are over?

“It was fun,” he said. “… There was a lot that kind of went into it but I had been thinking about it and preparing for it for a while. I felt like I did my homework, reached out to various different people in different avenues that negotiate deals that’s not just football, and so I felt like that helped me prepare for that.”

To hear the full interview with Wagner, click here

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/687025/se ... negotiate/
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• ivotuk wrote:Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner had good reason to negotiate his own contract

At least $1,000,000 in Agent commission?
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Agents are akin to car salesmen. Slimy snakes that would rip off one of their own.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:Agents are akin to car salesmen. Slimy snakes that would rip off one of their own.

90% of players would get completely screwed if they didn't have an agent. Front offices are stacked with business savvy guys with lots of experience. No match for most players with out a BobbyW-esq resume.

Certain things need to be left to the experts especially when you know only enough to be dangerous.
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:Agents are akin to car salesmen. Slimy snakes that would rip off one of their own.

R. Okung disagrees.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• It's quite a bit easier to negotiate your own contract when you're a Pro Bowler and future HOF'er than it is if you're a backup guard. You pretty much know what your value is, both to the team as well as other prospective buyers.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• I like that Wagner placed his jersey number in front of the zeroes. He is my kind of nerd.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information