Wilson and Seahawks haven’t talked contract

TheHawkster

Reaction score
The first time I heard rumblings of Russell wanting to leave was last year during the season. Yes, it was just a rumor.
It seems that he wants a brighter spotlight on him and his girl. Seattle is too much of a backwater town apparently to further their careers.

Russell will take the high road publicly and won't burn bridges.

If it happens, it better happen before free agency.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":c0rle6yc said:
Seymour":c0rle6yc said:
Tical21":c0rle6yc said:
SoulfishHawk":c0rle6yc said:
Done talking about this same subject over and over again, have a great night.
Agree to disagree
Three times I asked you who and you couldn't come up with a single example. Not one. Can we stop make believing that this is happening now?

Don't be ridiculous. Why don't you read up more? RCATES for one actually said "Hassellbeck was twice the QB as Wilson" for starters. Many here have hated on Wilson, you included. :roll:
I don't see any posts by RCates. And when did I ever hate on Wilson? Enlighten me.

No thanks. I'd just put in the effort and you'd just dismiss it. Not playing. I just gave you one ridiculous quote and you blew it off. Just continue to deny the obvious, fine. But don't expect others to just blow it off is my suggestion.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2q2e1nqb said:
The first time I heard rumblings of Russell wanting to leave was last year during the season. Yes, it was just a rumor.
It seems that he wants a brighter spotlight on him and his girl. Seattle is too much of a backwater town apparently to further their careers.

If that's true, let's get all we can from him.

Then, he can kick rocks!

Jville

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1akdttfv said:
TheHawkster":1akdttfv said:

Then, he can kick rocks!

LOL .... Twenty days have already past since the Wilson to New Orleans fantasy story.

I'm rather surprised another anonymous source didn't show up sooner to recycle this theme. If 20 days is representative of the frequency, that would make March 12th the expected date for an anonymous source to show up with a third iteration of this story telling theme.

This will probably persist as an on going entertainment series.

Tical21

Reaction score
Seymour":3nwu02tr said:
Tical21":3nwu02tr said:
Seymour":3nwu02tr said:
Tical21":3nwu02tr said:
Three times I asked you who and you couldn't come up with a single example. Not one. Can we stop make believing that this is happening now?

Don't be ridiculous. Why don't you read up more? RCATES for one actually said "Hassellbeck was twice the QB as Wilson" for starters. Many here have hated on Wilson, you included. :roll:
I don't see any posts by RCates. And when did I ever hate on Wilson? Enlighten me.

No thanks. I'd just put in the effort and you'd just dismiss it. Not playing. I just gave you one ridiculous quote and you blew it off. Just continue to deny the obvious, fine. But don't expect others to just blow it off is my suggestion.
Blow it off? I literally went looking for it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jville":2lp77q12 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2lp77q12 said:
TheHawkster":2lp77q12 said:

Then, he can kick rocks!

LOL .... Twenty days have already past since the Wilson to New Orleans fantasy story.

I'm rather surprised another anonymous source didn't show up sooner to recycle this theme. If 20 days is representative of the frequency, that would make March 12th the expected date for an anonymous source to show up with a third iteration of this story telling theme.

"Are you not entertained?!!"

I'm very entertained! I hope that anonymous source keeps it going!

Jville

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ijqe3wam said:
Jville":ijqe3wam said:
TheLegendOfBoom":ijqe3wam said:
TheHawkster":ijqe3wam said:

Then, he can kick rocks!

"Are you not entertained?!!"

I'm very entertained! I hope that anonymous source keeps it going!

I'm laughing all the way from one anonymous source to the next anonymous source.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Paul Silvi just reported the possibility on King 5 News.

He was saying that Ciara would prefer to live closer to NY for her career.

I attempted to locate a printed version on their website, but couldn't so it remains heresay I guess.

Silvi is more reliable (IMO) than Cowherd, so I don't know what to make of it if anything.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it already but Cowherd and Wilson have a strong relationship, I don't have any insight as to whether or not they'd consider the other a true friend per se, but they have a strong relationship. Cowherd likes Russ and wants him to get every last dime.

"The agent world"?
Zn0gfl0f2gxa3ujhkken

Read: Russell Wilson's agent

chris98251

Reaction score
How many weeks till Summer Camp?

Carson Palmer is coming out of retirement and coming to Seattle, a friend close to the Organization told a buddy I know who told me thru encrypted Haku poems.

:)

James in PA

Reaction score
This is right up there with “the Seahawks are trading for Antonio Brown” in terms of pure stupidity. Just laughable. Cowherd himself must have said 5 times in that segment, “I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but....”. Just stop already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
SNDavidson":20fvdjr9 said:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it already but Cowherd and Wilson have a strong relationship, I don't have any insight as to whether or not they'd consider the other a true friend per se, but they have a strong relationship. Cowherd likes Russ and wants him to get every last dime.

"The agent world"?

Read: Russell Wilson's agent

There is that too. His Russell love almost seems over the top of general hawk fans. Weird really. :|

In fact Coward loves him so much he could just be trying to up his publicity to drive up the price. Not helping.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":h74z6dev said:
TheLegendOfBoom":h74z6dev said:
TheHawkster":h74z6dev said:

Then, he can kick rocks!

It actually would be the 4th since Raiders was in there first.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Assuming Clark does not sign a long term extension, and we’ve seen no indication from his agent that that they will change course from the path of action taken in 2018, then things turn to Russell. And for Russell, all he has to do is play out the remaining season on his current contract and stay healthy while refusing to sign an extension, and all of a sudden the team is looking at a situation where the 2019 season is in the books and both Clark and Wilson are pending free agents.

At that point Wilson and Clark have the team over a barrel. The team can only franchise a single player, and with two big name players slated to be free agents, it would be forced to choose between the two. In addition, it would then force the team to overpay one of those two players if it wanted to have a chance to avoid them actually hitting free agency, and the agents for both of those players recognize that.

Thus, the question becomes not just how much Clark and Wilson will make when they receive their next big contract, but how much will their representation work together in helping both maximize their future earnings.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/2/17/18 ... e-tag-2020

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This is why we might as well get as much as possible for BOTH players..
reload even more with solid young talent on cheap contracts with tons
of money under the cap..
Paying 60 million a year for 2 players?No and No..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wilson will sign an extension before Training Camp and all these rumors will go away for another couple years.

Seahawker

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1ifjezg5 said:
of money under the cap..
John & Pete could really do some building with seven 1st rounders in three years and $50M extra cap room per year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawker76":1kc92h1v said:
IndyHawk":1kc92h1v said:
of money under the cap..
John & Pete could really do some building with seven 1st rounders in three years and $50M extra cap room per year.

Disagree. Pete doesn't have time to hit and miss on those 7 draft picks IMO. And how many more crap QB's are you willing to suffer through? The chances of hitting a good Wilson replacement are not great either. Whitehurst, TJack, Flynn anyone? No thanks!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2bi5zm85 said:
I heard the NY talk on the radio today too. I have been saying for a while that I could see Russ leaving, but I was speculating LA with him replacing a retiring Phillip Rivers.

Makes more sense to me.

Many teams want Russell Wilson, but only one team HAS Russell Wilson.....................which is really the most important part of Russell Wilson, the having.

This is how agent create hype and leverage. It's right out of the contract negotiations script.

Step One: Ask for the moon
Step Two: Create demand
Step Three: Float rumors of unhappiness
Step Four: Cut a hole in the box