Wilson and Seahawks haven’t talked contract

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
John63":15x5hwpa said:
TheLegendOfBoom":15x5hwpa said:
Did you see Wilson announce his "love" for Ciara on his Instagram??

Cringe....I saw two seconds of it.

The Seahawks also saw this and do not want to re-sign him because they're too embarrassed for him. Lmao.

You are joking right? goodbye
Hello!

Seymour

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":36qg4bpo said:
SoulfishHawk":36qg4bpo said:
Why do you care? Just curious.
Don't care, just making fun of the guy.

It's the off-season and not much is going on.

Loosen up and have some fun.

I have a theory about why the Seahawks aren't "talking" to Wilson.

Why should they? If they begin "talks" it may give the idea to Wilson's agent that Wilson may have the leverage cause Seattle indicates they are willing to talk.

By not talking to Wilson's reps, Seattle is in a position where they aren't showing or tipping their hand.

I guarantee you Seahawks scouts and Schneider are looking at college QBs.

They don't need to talk to Wilson right now.

This is a matter of leverage and the Seahawks control it, not Wilson.

The Seahawks are not worried.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tipping their hand that they actually do value the best QB we've had in 43+ years??? WOW.

That is next level tin foil cap material there.

Woops.....Pete "tipped his hand to the Seattle Times". :roll:

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll sent the message to Wilson that the team hopes to get something done with him before next fall.
“We talked about all of that, yeah,’’ Carroll said Monday when he held his season-ending news conference. “Russ and I met and we talked about the future. We are talking about where we are going and what we want to get done. And, you know, that’s very much in our plans.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...l-wilson-earl-thomas-kam-chancellor-and-more/

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hey, let me let you in on a little secret, Wilson isn't going anywhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":35ac9z1c said:
Hey, let me let you in on a little secret, Wilson isn't going anywhere.

Nope, not for at least 3 years.............last year of his current deal and at LEAST two years of being franchise tagged if Russell's still healthy and playing well, and no contract can be agreed upon.

The franchise tag is for QB's is rumored to be around 25M next year, which means in 2020 it'll be around 27M, which is still 5-6M less per year then Rodger's annual salary, which is the highest.

NOW, this strategy to wait Russell out can get blown up if we can't get a deal done with Frank Clark by next year at this time. Gives him some tremendous leverage right now and into next season if he's tagged, because he and his agent both know the Hawk's want that franchise tag available to use on Russell next year.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ev0q2dr said:
Just making fun of the guy, how original :2thumbs:
Surely you aren't able to sit with that thing sticking out of your ass.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seems a lot of butt hurt posters are upset the Seahawks haven't "talked" to Wilson recently about a contract extension.

They'll "talk" when they talk.

Calm down already, jeez. It's not a big deal.

If anything he'll likely get franchised at the end of next season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, all in how you look at it I guess. He's not going to be playing anywhere but Seattle for a minimum of the next 3 seasons. I'll believe differently if I see it.
Whatever you say Tical, yawn. What do you gain by bagging on Russ every day? Just curious.

Fade

Reaction score
There is an order to how signings and player acquisition goes in the off-season. The Front Office is very busy.

1 --> Their own upcoming UFA's: Frank Clark, Justin Coleman, Sweezy, etc.

2 --> UFA's from other teams in March.

3 --> Initial discussions will begin on extensions for players w/1yr remaining.

4 --> The NFL Draft.

5 --> Serious discussions begin on contract extensions with players that have 1 yr remaining.

6 --> June 1 cuts. A slew of vets are released into the wild, and the team has to do their due diligence.

7 --> Major focus on getting contract extensions done for players with 1 yr remaining.

Russell Wilson will not be signing an extension until the summer, just like the last time he signed an extension.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not to mention this Seahawks F.O. is very tight lipped about anything going on this time of year.

summesm

Reaction score
Just heard on the Herd, rumor out last night Russ wants out of Seattle and wants to be a in New York as a Qiant.

Seymour

Reaction score
summesm":19qjnt8q said:
Just heard on the Herd, rumor out last night Russ wants out of Seattle and wants to be a in New York as a Qiant.

You better provide a bit more evidence than that if you want to drop that sort of bomb in here. :177692:

Wilson is not dumb enough to even make that sort of announcement.... to anyone, give me a break. :roll:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Not going to even start following these developments until after the draft. Extensions are done typically in May/June anyway.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hid3zco said:
Yeah, all in how you look at it I guess. He's not going to be playing anywhere but Seattle for a minimum of the next 3 seasons. I'll believe differently if I see it.
Whatever you say Tical, yawn. What do you gain by bagging on Russ every day? Just curious.
When did I ever bag on Russ? Don't worry, I'll wait.

This is a message board about a sports team. We discuss the team, and that sometimes includes a breakdown of play, and sometimes, if warranted, criticism. If you aren't able to live with people criticizing some of the players, maybe you shouldn't spend your time on a sports message board.

Every post that doesn't read "Russel Wilson is the greatest quarterback in the history of the earth and I worship the ground he walks on and would lap his shoes with my tongue" doesn't need to receive this "he won a Super Bowl I waited my whole life for, maybe I'm dumb, but I'm glad he's on my team" shtick. It's about the most punchable take I can think of, and the fact that it has to come up in every thread regarding the team, the player, the QB position or anything related to any of those is incredibly annoying.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All players deserve criticism when it's warranted, it's all part of it. Not my point at all. The ragging of Russ is next level, 24/7 365.
I just find it boring at this point. Fan how you want, I'll do the same.
Go Hawks

warden

Reaction score
Football is a business, Wilson makes it easy to sell, so Wilson is going nowhere

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So now he "wants out of Seattle?"
I highly doubt it. But IF that was the case, his trade value would be incredible as far as what they could get back from another team. The comments section is pure gold. And accurate.