Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I believe all games went our way today.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I believe all games went our way today.
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:32 pm
  • Panthers-L
    Viks-L
    Atl-L
    Skins-L
    Eagles-L

We win next week and we are looking real good. If we also get another gift week where all our comps for wildcard crap the bed, and we start to look super good.

Don't get me wrong, we still have 3 tough games, but after I watched the viks and panthers play today I'm not near as Skrrrrd.

We can do this. I would Looooooove to see the rams in the playoffs. Third time is the charm.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:Panthers-L
    Viks-L
    Atl-L
    Skins-L
    Eagles-L

We win next week and we are looking real good. If we also get another gift week where all our comps for wildcard crap the bed, and we start to look super good.

Don't get me wrong, we still have 3 tough games, but after I watched the viks and panthers play today I'm not near as Skrrrrd.

We can do this. I would Looooooove to see the rams in the playoffs. Third time is the charm.

Its not often that everything breaks our way in a given weekend.

The path to the playoffs got a lot clearer this week. Just have to put some big wins together down the stretch!!
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Indeed it seems that way. The Seahawks must now do their part and crush a reeling Panthers team and an underperforming Vikings team.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• :irishdrinkers:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Seattle now controls their own destiny for the five seed.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

• They are imploding on the panthers forum. Fire everyone, put a fork in it, russ is a magician etc. Makes me nervous when it seems too easy. We will probably win all our hard games and lose the last 2 to knock us out.

To be honest though, I had us at 9-7 with high hopes for next year. The way we are playing is better than I had expectations for, and wasn't seeing a playoff spot in our cards, so I'm pretty happy looking good for a chance.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:Also, that bears pass rush is no joke, we need some of that.

Sure but they are paying big money for it. It's hard to pay for both a QB and a pass rush in today's game. Hence teams with awesome defenses seem to have QB's on rookie contracts or crappy JAG QB's.

But here's hoping we can sign Frank and develop Martin and Green.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Jazzhawk wrote:Indeed it seems that way. The Seahawks must now do their part and crush a reeling Panthers team and an underperforming Vikings team.

:ditto:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Paul Allen’s clearing out a path for us..
    doso
    NET Bench Warmer

• Nice to see this in week 11. I remember too many seasons where the last weekend we were all hoping for 5 or 6 games around the league to go the right way to sneak into the wild card slot. It almost never worked out IIRC.

Some tough games yet to play, but this weekend helped a ton. We're pretty close to controlling our own destiny.

:snack:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I've said it in other threads, but...

We're running the table and going 11-5. Maker my words!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• I've said it in other threads, but...

GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• [quote="GeekHawk"]I've said it in other threads, but...

We're running the table and going 11-5. Maker my words![/ :mrgreen: quote]

And not once but twice in this thread for good measure! :o
    Bandwagon76
    NET Bench Warmer

• GeekHawk wrote:I've said it in other threads, but...

Agreed! Believe...
    doso
    NET Bench Warmer

• They did. You don't have to include the Eagles anymore they or the Cowboys will win the NFC East since the Redskins season ended today.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• doso wrote:Paul Allen’s clearing out a path for us..

Unfinished business.
    :179417:
    I love that man...
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• IF, a great big IF, we can stay healthy and keep getting better at running the ball right down other teams throats, we may very well run the table and finish the season as one of the best, hitting on all cylinders, overall teams going into the playoffs.

Health, health, health, I can't say it enough as it will be the difference between us doing really well or not.

Just to add, a solid shove it down their throat running game will let Russell do his magic game after game, always has, always will.

The results from today went a long way to help make it all happen, but the bottom line is we have to take care of business first and foremost.

GO HAWKS!!!
    Paul G Allen 1953-2018

RIP My Friend, You Were The Best Sports Franchise Owner A Fan Could Ever Hope For.
    12HawkFan
    NET Veteran

• All the games went our way, that is true. The ball is solidly in our court, and we control our own destiny.

But for us to win out, we'll need our Defense to step up with more consistency. We can certainly score points, and command the clock with the running game. But if we can't stop offenses like the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Saints, we could be one-and-done when and if we make it to the playoffs since two of these offenses are NFC.
    NET Veteran

• Given the rough start we had and tempered expectations entering the season, the fact we have a serious chance now is beyond exciting. If we beat Carolina, that path is wider and there for the taking.

You have to really hand it to Pete in that he almost always has his teams peaking late and completely reformed from earlier struggles. I'm betting he can do it again here.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Pete Carroll, the only one to keep his Spartan reserve.....

Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:Panthers-L
    Viks-L
    Atl-L
    Skins-L
    Eagles-L

Panthers-L
    Viks-L
    Atl-L
    Skins-L
    Eagles-L
    Greenbay-L

Seattle-W

We helped ourselves.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• West TX Hawk wrote:Given the rough start we had and tempered expectations entering the season, the fact we have a serious chance now is beyond exciting. If we beat Carolina, that path is wider and there for the taking.

You have to really hand it to Pete in that he almost always has his teams peaking late and completely reformed from earlier struggles. I'm betting he can do it again here.

Funny how that works out, eh? That's why I pay no attention to the debbie downers when they start whining in September about our 'slow start' to the season. You'd think they'd know better by now.

:229031_shrug:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Wait Sutz, are you saying that it's a 16 game season and that things can change as the season progresses?
    Mind....blown :2thumbs:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Wait Sutz, are you saying that it's a 16 game season and that things can change as the season progresses?
    Mind....blown :2thumbs:

I know it's a difficult concept to grasp. :laugh: :rofl:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Like Wilson being a good QB? :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• The skins playoff hopes took a big hit this past weekend.

Juat hoping we can beat the Panthers and Vikes. The NFC has been crazy this year!!
    Elemas
    NET Practice Squad

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Like Wilson being a good QB? :stirthepot:

Will...not...go...there...

:229031_banghead:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Ad Hawk wrote:All the games went our way, that is true. The ball is solidly in our court, and we control our own destiny.

But for us to win out, we'll need our Defense to step up with more consistency. We can certainly score points, and command the clock with the running game. But if we can't stop offenses like the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Saints, we could be one-and-done when and if we make it to the playoffs since two of these offenses are NFC.

I know I should care about that (and really I do, SuperBowl is always the goal of course) but if this team can make the playoffs this year, all things considered, I won't be as crushed as I usually am with a playoff loss.

Of course I say that now, but come January I will probably get greedy 8)
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• I'm 100% it takes 10-6 to get in. Minnesota is likely going to finish 9-6-1. For me a loss to Carolina on Sunday would be a huge setback for us getting in.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• Hawkpower wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:All the games went our way, that is true. The ball is solidly in our court, and we control our own destiny.

I know I should care about that (and really I do, SuperBowl is always the goal of course) but if this team can make the playoffs this year, all things considered, I won't be as crushed as I usually am with a playoff loss.

Of course I say that now, but come January I will probably get greedy 8)

I think Super Bowl is always the hope. I view goals as something that is a challenge to attain but not terribly unlikely. Getting to a SuperBowl takes way too much good fortune to be realistically obtainable season after season. But making the playoffs, winning your division, dominating at home. Those are goals that most teams can reasonably achieve if they do things right all season long.

Thus far the division is out of reach and we need to win more home games but making the playoffs is one of the remaining obtainable season goals.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• One thing's for sure. We probably used up our allotment of good luck for the season. Not likely it will happen again that every team ahead of us in the hunt will lose on the same weekend. We may not have to win out, but it's close. And if we do lose, who we lose to could be important, starting this week in Carolina.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Something else that helps massively is KC kicking everybody's ass. That suddenly becomes a winnable game if they're resting starters for the playoffs because their AFC seed is locked in. Shit, with this team any game is a winnable game, any time, any place. And I too would LOVE to see Rams for third time.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Panthers would be a sweet steal. Vikes at home should favor the Hawks, esp if da Bears continue their heat and the Vikings lose to GB and the Pats in the next two weeks. They would be de-fla-ted. Cards and Niners are no gimmes, but...they're neither good. And yeah, the Chiefs might be coasting at that point. It all looks pretty promising on paper, but then this is the NFL.

Wild card baby!
    AubHawk71
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information