Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks to be Sold

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am
  • Sounds like some clarity about the future of the Seahawks is coming to light. We don't have any time frame yet, but I'd be surprised if this takes more than 2 years myself.

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/nfl-com-report-seahawks-likely-to-be-eventually-sold-proceeds-given-to-paul-allen-foundation-team-to-stay-in-seattle/

    Some clarity as to the future ownership of the Seahawks was revealed via an NFL.com report Sunday morning. It said the team is expected to be sold by Paul Allen’s estate with proceeds going to his foundation, and the team staying in Seattle.

    Allen’s sister, Jody, has taken a more visible role with the team since Allen’s death on Oct. 15, with Allen’s good friend, Bert Kolde, the vice chairman of the team, retaining his role.

    [ GameCenter | Live updates, highlights from Seahawks-Rams » ]

    The report states that no sale is imminent, but a succession plan was filed with the NFL, as required. The plan detailed the likely course of events and noted that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said the team will remain in Seattle.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:24 am
  • Saw this yesterday.

    I was hoping Jody would keep the team and just keep the existing hierarchy of football operations in place for the foreseeable future.

    Now we have the unknown of a new owner, and what he/she/they might do to the extremely functional operations of the team..................getting a Jerry Jones or a moron like Mark Davis would be worst case scenario.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13829
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:33 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Saw this yesterday.

    I was hoping Jody would keep the team and just keep the existing hierarchy of football operations in place for the foreseeable future.

    Now we have the unknown of a new owner, and what he/she/they might do to the extremely functional operations of the team..................getting a Jerry Jones or a moron like Mark Davis would be worst case scenario.


    I saw this yesterday too, shortly before kick-off and it kind of bummed me out. I am happy that the team will be sure to stay in Seattle and that they aren't rushing to sell, but now we get to wait and be concerned about who comes up with the $2.5+ billion and what direction they'll take us in.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19614
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:35 am
  • I’m sure they will make a great decision on the new ownership. Hoping they keep it in the Microsoft/Seattle family.

    Steve Ballmer or Bill Gates.

    Whomever they choose will continue Paul Allen’s tremendous legacy and the foundation can focus on doing good works. Makes sense.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:55 am
  • I got $20 bucks as a minority owner.

    That's all I have! Take it or leave it!

    Lol.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 785
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:01 pm
  • If 2 million people ponied up $1000.00 we could raise $2 billion.
    Could we get 2 million Oregonians, Washingtonians, Idahoans and a few Montanians ?
    TreeRon
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 377
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:03 pm
  • Who it will be sold to it is really going to be a guessing game there.
    [i]Time for Christmas!![/u]
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 239
    Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:18 pm
    Location: NFL Land


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:34 pm
  • I had hopes that the team would be willed to the city of Seattle as a publicly-traded entity with a portion of the proceeds of the IPO being used to buy out Century Link's naming rights in perpetuity, so it could become Paul G Allen Field, and the remainder reverting to Allen's Estate in exchange for handing the team over to the city.

    A pipe dream - I am pretty sure after Green Bay that the NFL disallowed public ownership of an NFL franchise because they don't want a team's books to be open to public scrutiny.

    Of course, Bill Gates could do this as a favour to his former business partner with the change he finds in his sofa.
    User avatar
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2187
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:43 pm
  • Well I did not think Gates was even a Seahawks fan.....but I was wrong!

    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:53 pm
  • I’m pretty sure that I have read that the Chargers are about to hit the market too?
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4179
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:07 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Sounds like some clarity about the future of the Seahawks is coming to light. We don't have any time frame yet, but I'd be surprised if this takes more than 2 years myself.

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/nfl-com-report-seahawks-likely-to-be-eventually-sold-proceeds-given-to-paul-allen-foundation-team-to-stay-in-seattle/

    Some clarity as to the future ownership of the Seahawks was revealed via an NFL.com report Sunday morning. It said the team is expected to be sold by Paul Allen’s estate with proceeds going to his foundation, and the team staying in Seattle.

    Allen’s sister, Jody, has taken a more visible role with the team since Allen’s death on Oct. 15, with Allen’s good friend, Bert Kolde, the vice chairman of the team, retaining his role.

    [ GameCenter | Live updates, highlights from Seahawks-Rams » ]

    The report states that no sale is imminent, but a succession plan was filed with the NFL, as required. The plan detailed the likely course of events and noted that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said the team will remain in Seattle.




    No sale imminent but they had to file a succession plan. This could be 1 year or ten years, I am sure they have to line up potential suitors, Chris Hansen, Bill Gates etc types maybe Steve Balmer.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:10 pm
  • Forbes estimates the Seahawks’ value at $2.58 billion:
    https://www.forbes.com/teams/seattle-seahawks/

    Paul’s foundation will do a lot of good with that money. Of course, it could sell for more than that.

    Forbes estimated the Clippers’ value at $570 million before Ballmer purchased the team for $2 billion (and made some kind of guarantee that he would not relocate LA’s forgotten basketball team to Seattle, where they would be more appreciated). Major sports teams are very limited commodities. They almost always sell for more than the pure revenue models would indicate.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:15 pm
  • Whispers say Bill Gates is interested.

    Would be a nice gesture to the guy who was at his side during the building of an empire days.

    We shall see.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1847
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:12 pm
  • This ownership issue worries me more than any player/coach issue. A bad owner will put a team in the basement quick as shit. And they will stay there. There is a reason the 'Hawks' best years have been under Paul Allen's rule.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1606
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:26 pm
  • We were really fortunate to have Allen.

    I think his sister was on record in not wanting to be an owner. So a sale was an expectation. Not sure anyone should be shocked by this.

    We won't get as good as Allen but we had an owner as bad as Behring, so we got the opposite in Allen.

    These were the best years in Seahawk history and we were fortunate to enjoy it. So the next owner is probably a step down. That is OK because almost any owner would be a step down from Allen.

    We should still be able to keep our team though.

    I don't think the NFL would abandon the PNW, an area with this much money and surrounding regions that support.

    However, I do feel bad for Trailblazer fans. Portland is a great city but don't know if they are going to find another owner for them.

    I expect we won't lose our team. But I will be on pins and needles a bit until this is addressed.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3355
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:35 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We were really fortunate to have Allen.

    I think his sister was on record in not wanting to be an owner. So a sale was an expectation. Not sure anyone should be shocked by this.

    We won't get as good as Allen but we had an owner as bad as Behring, so we got the opposite in Allen.

    These were the best years in Seahawk history and we were fortunate to enjoy it. So the next owner is probably a step down. That is OK because almost any owner would be a step down from Allen.

    We should still be able to keep our team though.

    I don't think the NFL would abandon the PNW, an area with this much money and surrounding regions that support.

    However, I do feel bad for Trailblazer fans. Portland is a great city but don't know if they are going to find another owner for them.

    I expect we won't lose our team. But I will be on pins and needles a bit until this is addressed.


    The sale of the team, with proceeds going to his charitable foundation, was reportedly Paul Allen’s plan.

    I trust they will take great care to ensure that whoever owns the team, whenever they decide to sell, will continue Paul’s legacy.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2852
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 pm
  • The price tag would be a big one, with the team “likely to set a record for most expensive North American sports franchise ever purchased,” Rapoport said. Allen paid $194 million in 1996. The Seahawks would likely fetch closer to $3 billion these days.

    Who could afford to play at that level? A few other billionaires with Seattle ties come to mind:

    Bill Gates: Would Allen’s old pal step in to acquire the Hawks as a tribute to his Microsoft co-founder? Gates certainly has the resources to purchase the team and keep it running as one of the premiere franchises in all of sports. But it’s hard to picture Gates having any interest in professional sports outside of tennis. And he’s got his hands full trying to save the world from a myriad of other problems that have nothing to do with an offensive line.


    Jeff Bezos: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said during NFL meetings this fall that he would carry the Amazon founder “piggyback” to get him to buy an NFL franchise. As the richest man on the planet, it’s just a matter of whether Bezos wants to spend more money on Earth when so much of his focus is dedicated to getting off of it. Blue Origin, rockets, space travel and Mars exploration are bigger bets for Bezos. But with Amazon being floated as a possible name that could be attached to the former Safeco Field baseball stadium (Prime Park?), don’t be surprised if the company and its CEO would go big in Seattle in another attempt to win hearts in the city it has impacted so greatly.

    Steve Ballmer: Another Microsoft billionaire who actually has a love for pro sports, Ballmer seems like a natural fit to own both an NBA team (the Los Angeles Clippers) and an NFL team. Allen certainly pulled that off as the longtime owner of the Portland Trail Blazers in addition to his Seahawks love. And Ballmer is doing interesting things with technology to heighten the fan experience with the Clippers that could be fun to see implemented in the tech-loving city that the Seahawks call home.

    Howard Schultz: The former Starbucks CEO … nevermind. Nope.

    https://www.geekwire.com/2018/paul-alle ... d-schultz/
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5173
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm
  • Don't bother with Bezos or he'll turn it into the first team with three home fields (Seattle, NY, DC)
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 902
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:15 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:The price tag would be a big one, with the team “likely to set a record for most expensive North American sports franchise ever purchased,” Rapoport said. Allen paid $194 million in 1996. The Seahawks would likely fetch closer to $3 billion these days.

    Who could afford to play at that level? A few other billionaires with Seattle ties come to mind:

    Bill Gates: Would Allen’s old pal step in to acquire the Hawks as a tribute to his Microsoft co-founder? Gates certainly has the resources to purchase the team and keep it running as one of the premiere franchises in all of sports. But it’s hard to picture Gates having any interest in professional sports outside of tennis. And he’s got his hands full trying to save the world from a myriad of other problems that have nothing to do with an offensive line.


    Jeff Bezos: Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said during NFL meetings this fall that he would carry the Amazon founder “piggyback” to get him to buy an NFL franchise. As the richest man on the planet, it’s just a matter of whether Bezos wants to spend more money on Earth when so much of his focus is dedicated to getting off of it. Blue Origin, rockets, space travel and Mars exploration are bigger bets for Bezos. But with Amazon being floated as a possible name that could be attached to the former Safeco Field baseball stadium (Prime Park?), don’t be surprised if the company and its CEO would go big in Seattle in another attempt to win hearts in the city it has impacted so greatly.

    Steve Ballmer: Another Microsoft billionaire who actually has a love for pro sports, Ballmer seems like a natural fit to own both an NBA team (the Los Angeles Clippers) and an NFL team. Allen certainly pulled that off as the longtime owner of the Portland Trail Blazers in addition to his Seahawks love. And Ballmer is doing interesting things with technology to heighten the fan experience with the Clippers that could be fun to see implemented in the tech-loving city that the Seahawks call home.

    Howard Schultz: The former Starbucks CEO … nevermind. Nope.

    https://www.geekwire.com/2018/paul-alle ... d-schultz/

    Why'd you have to go there on that last one! I spewed! Seattle definitely has horrible luck with franchises being sold. Amazon is already the company that built Seattle in the 21st century, so that one seems like kind of a no-brainer. Ballmer seems like the ultimate owner. Somebody already said we couldn't possibly get a better owner than PGA--somebody who knows how to get the best available talent, then stay hands-off. Another nightmare would be an Al Davis type.
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2317
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:41 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:Whispers say Bill Gates is interested.

    Would be a nice gesture to the guy who was at his side during the building of an empire days.

    We shall see.


    Got a link?

    “Whispers” like these should include one.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17366
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Whispers say Bill Gates is interested.

    Would be a nice gesture to the guy who was at his side during the building of an empire days.

    We shall see.


    Got a link?

    “Whispers” like these should include one.


    Much like the whispers, the link too is silent.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm
  • I'm pretty sure Paul's daughter or whoever is running it now will have the final say, and I'm pretty sure they won't allow a jerry jones type person near the franchise. And if Jerry Jones is interested then he and his screwed up grill need to stay in Texas and keep drinking that well water.
    hawks85
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:55 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:18 pm
  • I hope Hansen has a interest, one other person not mentioned yet is Mark Cuban, he has been chomping at the bit to own a NFL team, he treats hos players great but is very hands on and involved, not sure we want that type of guy. We already had Al Davis in Ken Behring, Davis knew football inside and out and has the Championships to prove it as well as wins against the NFL in court and forced the AFL/ NFL merger, was a commissioner also. Knock him if you like but he knew the game from the field to the highest office in the league.

    Behring knew how to sell shit, that's the end of his expertise.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:14 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:If 2 million people ponied up $1000.00 we could raise $2 billion.
    Could we get 2 million Oregonians, Washingtonians, Idahoans and a few Montanians ?


    For sure there could be a group put together of majority owners and sell it a la the Green Bay Packers to a conglomerate. If Bill Gates ponied up an amount, as well as a few other prominent Seattlites, certainly that $2 billion would be easy to come up with.

    And I'm sure a ton of folks would be "in" for a couple thousand each. I would be for sure.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22211
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:20 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Sounds like some clarity about the future of the Seahawks is coming to light. We don't have any time frame yet, but I'd be surprised if this takes more than 2 years myself.

    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/nfl-com-report-seahawks-likely-to-be-eventually-sold-proceeds-given-to-paul-allen-foundation-team-to-stay-in-seattle/

    Some clarity as to the future ownership of the Seahawks was revealed via an NFL.com report Sunday morning. It said the team is expected to be sold by Paul Allen’s estate with proceeds going to his foundation, and the team staying in Seattle.

    Allen’s sister, Jody, has taken a more visible role with the team since Allen’s death on Oct. 15, with Allen’s good friend, Bert Kolde, the vice chairman of the team, retaining his role.

    [ GameCenter | Live updates, highlights from Seahawks-Rams » ]

    The report states that no sale is imminent, but a succession plan was filed with the NFL, as required. The plan detailed the likely course of events and noted that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said the team will remain in Seattle.




    Huh? 2 years? The Panthers were sold in less than 90 days.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:39 pm
  • His sister Jody is not selling in 90 days. I'd be surprised if it happened in under 6 months.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm
  • Do I hear one year? :327321_Spy_23.22:
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7309
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 pm
  • Seymour wrote:His sister Jody is not selling in 90 days. I'd be surprised if it happened in under 6 months.


    The Panthers sale was finilized in July agreement was reached in 90 days. NFL teams sell quickly.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:21 pm
  • I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 am
  • Has Mark Cuban ever shown interest in having an NFL team? That would be awesome.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:09 am
  • chris98251 wrote:I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.


    She doesn't get the money. The article states that the proceeds of the team sale will be deposited into Allen's charitable foundation.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13829
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 am
  • Rat wrote:Has Mark Cuban ever shown interest in having an NFL team? That would be awesome.


    I don't think so actually. Cuban is pretty hands on. I think the best NFL owners are hands off. They let the guys who've been coaching/managing football run the show.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:40 am
  • The NFL forbids religious groups, governments, and non-profit organizations owning a team. The NFL forbids ownership groups of over 24 people or any publicly traded corporations from purchasing NFL teams; one team, the Green Bay Packers, is exempt from this under a grandfather clause and is owned by shareholders.
    Wikipedia
    Image
    User avatar
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1093
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 am
  • On the positive side, there is a good chance we will end up with a better runout song.
    Fire Tom Cable

    Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2398
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:57 am
  • What's Gavin Belson doing after he left Hooli?
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2751
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:37 am
  • There is a very interesting situation with Carroll coming up as well. Figured I'd post this here, but Pete wants to coach to age 72 (5 more years) yet his contract is up after next season.

    Would Jody extend him? Did Paul write in his will his preference on Pete and extending him?

    Do they have to leave him unsigned because of potential sale?? (very well could be)

    If Pete and John are not going to be here, can they even sign Wilson to a huge extension?

    A lot of questions right now with this team and staff.

    This article was written in January 2018 so 2 seasons = this and next.

    He has two years remaining on his contract. In two seasons, he will be at a career crossroads. That is one of the only decisions Allen will weigh in for: At age 68, will Carroll be worthy by the end of the 2019 season for another contract to continue what up to know has been the most sustained run of championship-level success the Seahawks have ever known? Will Carroll indeed fulfill what he told me in the summer of 2014, in the middle of the back-to-back Super Bowls, was his desire: to coach 10 more years, through age 72? Or does he want to spend more than just the limited football offseason weeks at his part-time home Haleiwa, on Oahu’s north shore in Hawaii?

    Or will Allen decide, with Schneider having two years left at least in Seattle, that Carroll’s magic has run its course, that’s it’s time for a new era? By then, the roster of core Seahawks that got to those Super Bowls in the 2013 and ‘14 seasons--Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, K.J. Wright, Doug Baldwin, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor--will all be over 30 years old, or gone from the team if not the league, or both.


    https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article195089754.html
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:55 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:If 2 million people ponied up $1000.00 we could raise $2 billion.
    Could we get 2 million Oregonians, Washingtonians, Idahoans and a few Montanians ?


    Add this Utahn to the list. I'll buy 2 shares!
    "...the disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten." - Earl Thomas, discussing the Cowboys only offering a 2nd rounder in a trade for him.
    chawx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1324
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Salt Lake City, UT


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:24 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.


    She doesn't get the money. The article states that the proceeds of the team sale will be deposited into Allen's charitable foundation.


    Why I said it isn't about the money, she is charged with fulfilling his wishes as executor I believe, the Seahawks are one of his projects she needs to handle, that would be doing it as he wanted it to be handled, selling to a local guy who won't move and probably has a like minded philosophy as well.

    He saved the team, I doubt he would want a Putz like Schultz to walk in or Behring and destroy what he built. Why I think Jody is going to be very discriminating about who the buyer is.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:18 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:His sister Jody is not selling in 90 days. I'd be surprised if it happened in under 6 months.


    The Panthers sale was finilized in July agreement was reached in 90 days. NFL teams sell quickly.




    Huh? 2 years? The Panthers were sold in less than 90 days.

    The Panthers deal was a BS forced fire sale. The team didn't go to the top bids. The league forced the owner to sell quickly and to a "PC" owner. I don't see that happening here. What about Jeff Bezos? Didn't he begin Amazon in Seattle? He could purchase the team with his couch money and he may be the most cut throat competitive billionaire CEO around not to mention the worlds wealthiest.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4179
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:31 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.


    She doesn't get the money. The article states that the proceeds of the team sale will be deposited into Allen's charitable foundation.


    Why I said it isn't about the money, she is charged with fulfilling his wishes as executor I believe, the Seahawks are one of his projects she needs to handle, that would be doing it as he wanted it to be handled, selling to a local guy who won't move and probably has a like minded philosophy as well.

    He saved the team, I doubt he would want a Putz like Schultz to walk in or Behring and destroy what he built. Why I think Jody is going to be very discriminating about who the buyer is.


    I'm sure this will be one of the most extensive vetting processes of any owner in a long long time.

    Allen left very specific instructions about local owner, keeping the team here is non negotiable, etc. So IMO this won't be a quick process........nor do we want it to be.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13829
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:10 pm
  • Jeff Bezos isn't from here.

    He picked Seattle because it was cheap office space (at the time), it was close to the ports and had good access to tech talent (Microsoft and the rest). He is actually pretty much from Houston (not born but for the most part he would count as one).

    He has no allegiance to this area. It is a big reason the community gets annoyed with him. He doesn't engage much with the locals in even the elite circles. Very little activity at the high-level charity levels either.

    I would be floored if he ended up buying the Hawks. The chances of that happening are low.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3355
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:41 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Jeff Bezos isn't from here.

    He picked Seattle because it was cheap office space (at the time), it was close to the ports and had good access to tech talent (Microsoft and the rest). He is actually pretty much from Houston (not born but for the most part he would count as one).

    He has no allegiance to this area. It is a big reason the community gets annoyed with him. He doesn't engage much with the locals in even the elite circles. Very little activity at the high-level charity levels either.

    I would be floored if he ended up buying the Hawks. The chances of that happening are low.


    The company was founded in Bellevue right next to Bellevue community college. He is also done with the city of Seattle now that he is building two new HQ's on the east coast he is going to leave.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2205
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm
  • Bill Gates has $3 billion in his couch cushions. That's chump change for him.

    Make it happen. Just don't put the Microsoft Windows logo on the uniform sleeves.
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9322
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: Blue Springs, Missouri


Re: Seahawks to be Sold
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 am
  • Please, no Gates, no Bezos.
    Let Bezos run his Washington ComPost operation and leave the Seahawks alone.
    Let Gates focus on giving out vaccines in Africa.
    Media-driven Political Correctness and NFL football are not a match made in heaven.
    Somebody who is already passionate about pro sports would be far better.
    Paul Allen was passionate about pro sports.

    Ballmer would be fine. Cuban would be OK.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2153
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am




It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information