Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Defense

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Defense
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:54 pm
  • Saw this... they are not great, but are far from bad.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how well they are playing, and I feel they will continue to get better as the season progresses. Get KJ back in there and more experience in the back end and we will be pretty good.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Re: Defense
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 pm
  • Given all the new faces the D is doing fine by me.

At least they are playing hungry. Haven't seen that for some time.

And a lot less drama.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 pm
  • Writing is likely on the wall for KJ after this season though.

But yeah, I'm not surprised at all. It's not next man up, but they replaced these guys with talented players and the defense isn't complicated.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:00 pm
  • They are about 6 weeks late, we were talking about this in pre season and making our assessments, most of us felt Pete would get us where we needed to be and the biggest question was replacing the RCB position and what would happen if Earl held out. Well now we know Flowers not Maxwell owns the RCB spot, and Thompson held up so far in replacing Earl and will only get better. Additionally a lot of our D line guys that are Dinged will be coming back after the Bye so the pass rush should do nothing but improve as well.

It's the change that people have issues with, not the performance since that has held up pretty well so far. Not top 5 yet but they are working on it and climbing the ladder a bit at a time.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:They are about 6 weeks late, we were talking about this in pre season and making our assessments, most of us felt Pete would get us where we needed to be and the biggest question was replacing the RCB position and what would happen if Earl held out. Well now we know Flowers not Maxwell owns the RCB spot, and Thompson held up so far in replacing Earl and will only get better. Additionally a lot of our D line guys that are Dinged will be coming back after the Bye so the pass rush should do nothing but improve as well.

It's the change that people have issues with, not the performance since that has held up pretty well so far. Not top 5 yet but they are working on it and climbing the ladder a bit at a time.

I have been pleasantly surprised the opposing OCs didn't pick on Tre Flowers more, I felt like Tre and Griffin were kinda of equal in passes attempted in their territories. Am I wrong?

I am however liking Thompson, he isn't playing at Earl level on field yet, but he isn't destructive off field like Earl. I am liking the young backfield of Flowers, Thompson, McDougal, and Griffin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:45 pm
  • Biggest problem right now is their miss tacking but other then that this is ayoung hungry D. Next year we should get a nice pass rusher.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:03 pm
  • They get worked by half decent QBs and destroyed by good QBs.

I'm enjoying the season and that they at least stiffen up and limit to 3 a fair bit, but I'm careful to curb my enthusiasm after playing against a cable offense. Cable makes crappy Ds look like the 85 bears.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:They get worked by half decent QBs and destroyed by good QBs.

I'm enjoying the season and that they at least stiffen up and limit to 3 a fair bit, but I'm careful to curb my enthusiasm after playing against a cable offense. Cable makes crappy Ds look like the 85 bears.

Derek Carr tore up last week. He's a solid QB, despite his Captain Checkdown tendencies.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm
  • Today they showed mean and lean....they get that with bigger...faster....younger...this D will surprise us all :irishdrinkers:
    xray
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:50 am
  • Props to our D lineman, stopping the run and getting pressure on QB's!
    Last edited by Chawker on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS XLVIII 43-8

Better to have a bottle in front of me,then a frontly lobotmy.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 am
  • hawk45 wrote:They get worked by half decent QBs and destroyed by good QBs.

Well you can be enthusiastic about the reality that the team is statistically the #6 D in the NFL on .5 yards/game behind the Redskins who are ranked #5.

Let's see what happens over the next 3 games against Stafford, Rodgers, and Rivers, maybe your enthusiasm may not need to be curbed.

I'm frankly very pleased with what the team has done on D in the face of a massive personnel rebuild. The DLine is showing improvement game to game and will be better when and if some bodies are healthy, the young DBs are playing far better than expected (Flowers has been a very pleasant surprise), and the team is getting solid work from the LBs. Adding back Green. Wright and perhaps Jordan to the mix may make them a good deal stronger. The next 3 games will tell the direction of the season and solidify or end the present impressions.

I believe the direction the team is going is very positive, despite the massive loss of talent.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 am
  • 6th ranked defense with this amount of youth? They have clearly bought in, are playing for each other and bringing the BOOM back! VERY pleased with the progress so far.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Aros wrote:6th ranked defense with this amount of youth? They have clearly bought in, are playing for each other and bringing the BOOM back! VERY pleased with the progress so far.

And have no where to go but up. I really like this group of guys. Also pleasantly surprised by T2 and Flowers.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:24 pm
  • I liked Flowers out of the Gate, Think about it McDougald, Coleman, Flowers and Thompson and Griffin, Thompson and McDougald currently ranked best Safety Tandem, we know how good Coleman is as a Nickel, Griffin and Flowers could be one of the best duos in the league by seasons end. The Scary part is they are all young, no high draft pick and won't break the bank for years. Oh what's more Scary for the league, they are going to get better.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:05 am
  • It's almost like the head coach is a defensive coach. :mrgreen:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:09 am
  • Don't look now but Pete's building another Championship-caliber team right before our eyes.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm
  • If you would've told me that this group would be the 6th ranked scoring defense in the league at this point in the season I would've laughed in your face, considering the amount of talent they loss last season that is very impressive regardless of the schedule-However, to be fair I think the next group of opponents will be a real test for this defense, Detroit, both LA teams, GB, Minny.
    Polk738
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:40 pm
  • Aros wrote:6th ranked defense with this amount of youth? They have clearly bought in, are playing for each other and bringing the BOOM back! VERY pleased with the progress so far.

After this weekend they're now at #5 if my math is correct. I wouldn't have thought it was possible before this season started at all. :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm
  • Aros wrote:Don't look now but Pete's building another Championship-caliber team right before our eyes.

FACT! I can't wait to see it in person this year.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information