Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

What universe am I living in?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 am
  • Seattle is....

...the 2nd best red zone in the league?

...the league's most efficient offensive line since Week 3?

...the fourth-ranked DVOA defense without Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, or Kam Chancellor?

(well, actually, we kinda got Kam back reincarnated in the form of Bradley McDougald, but still...)

We need to translate this into more wins, but...the turnaround from last year's "end of an era" loss to the Rams is astonishing.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Re: What universe am I living in?
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 am
  • I fully expected the running game stats to improve given the guys they brought in and the coaching changes but it is amazing to see Russell Wilson have a pocket. These guys are dominating the line of scrimmage. Pretty sure I saw Justin Britt is the best pass blocking center in the NFL right now on PFF?

Play action has been awesome lately too, glad they've started using it more. Amazing what a running game that works can do for the passing game.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am
  • mistaowen wrote:I fully expected the running game stats to improve given the guys they brought in and the coaching changes but it is amazing to see Russell Wilson have a pocket. These guys are dominating the line of scrimmage. Pretty sure I saw Justin Britt is the best pass blocking center in the NFL right now on PFF?

GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:30 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Seattle is....

...the 2nd best red zone in the league?

...the league's most efficient offensive line since Week 3?

(well, actually, we kinda got Kam back reincarnated in the form of Bradley McDougald, but still...)

We need to translate this into more wins, but...the turnaround from last year's "end of an era" loss to the Rams is astonishing.

Not the one you were so worried about losing Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson's TD's in it would appear.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 am
  • I've noticed and I am very pleased after complaining for many years that Cable needed to be fired. The only change I don't agree with was letting go of Richard for Norton when IMHO Richard was a better DC than Norton.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:09 pm
  • Pasted from another media.

"Cannot stand these spreadsheet stat monkeys that NEVER PLAYED football and somehow get to write about it on large media giants or other. Apparently, the Hawks have the best pass blocking OL in the NFL since week 3 and they just can't seem to figure out why. Keep talking about Russell Wilson and the WRs and they just can't pinpoint it through their little stat sheets. The reason is easy...they're pounding the rock. The first two weeks they were passing the ball over 65% of the time. Now they're running over 50% of the time. When you're a defensive lineman and you have to read whether it's run or pass then that buys the OL at least half an extra second and it also changed the geometry of the rush given that they hav to honor their gap assignment to defend the run. If a DL is alllowed to "pin their ears back" as they say, everything changes and pass rush productivity goes up exponentially. Also, due to the run game, 3rd down efficiency has skyrocketed due to being in 3rd and short instead of 3rd and long.

I just want to get these spreadsheet stat monkeys in an Oklahoma Drill and make them understand why the run game is so important to the symbiotic relationship between run and pass and PA pass in particular. They'll learn when they tap out."

Fieldgulls has a couple brain dead writers right now. Particularly the lead writer...dude is dumb as a rock.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm
  • nrayorr wrote:I've noticed and I am very pleased after complaining for many years that Cable needed to be fired. The only change I don't agree with was letting go of Richard for Norton when IMHO Richard was a better DC than Norton.

I have to disagree with you on that point. Richard had lost control of his defense. Probably not his fault, he got stuck with Sheldon Richardson freelancing, Michael Bennett saying and doing what he wanted, and Richard Sherman trying to tear the whole thing down.

But there had to be a change. To someone that the players respect and/or fear.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:57 pm
  • As i've stated in other threads, I believe Mike Solari is the biggest addition to the team although its entirely likely he looks so awesome because of the subtraction of Tom Cable. In the last couple years I was always more convinced it was Cable holding the team back more than Bevell. I think this year is proving that out since Schotty hasn't done great things schematically but the offense looks infinitely better because they are just staying on schedule by not going backwards on first and second down.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:52 pm
  • Does anyone else here remember Solari being here before, and how that worked out?
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:12 pm
  • Didn’t we get to XL?
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm
  • seedhawk wrote:Does anyone else here remember Solari being here before, and how that worked out?

I believe he was here with Mora and given the lack of talent, and decline of Walter Jones, things didn't go so well. He then moved to SF for the next 3 years and Gore would routinely gash us.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm
  • link credit to toffee

What’s the most important change the Seahawks made this offseason?

Once among the worst-ranked units in the league, the Seahawks O-line ranks first in pass-blocking efficiency over the last four weeks, according to Pro Football Focus.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/535065/mo ... -seahawks/
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:05 pm
  • If we, as I suspect we will, end up with a winning season this year, Pete had damned well better get COTY for once. He should have gotten it in 2012.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 pm
  • Amazing turn around. It's obviously been an adjustment phase. I think it's fair to say that most 12s were worried a bit earlier on and started to expect a dismal season.

I thought we'd go 8-8....likely swaying to 7-9.....

Who knows what lies ahead.

Definitely happy with the reestablished run game and red zone efficiency. Kudos to our o-line and coaching staff!
    Elemas
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    seedhawk wrote:Does anyone else here remember Solari being here before, and how that worked out?

I believe he was here with Mora and given the lack of talent, and decline of Walter Jones, things didn't go so well. He then moved to SF for the next 3 years and Gore would routinely gash us.

Well DUH. My point exactly. Threw the baby out with the bathwater included.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:35 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:link credit to toffee

What’s the most important change the Seahawks made this offseason?

Once among the worst-ranked units in the league, the Seahawks O-line ranks first in pass-blocking efficiency over the last four weeks, according to Pro Football Focus.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/535065/mo ... -seahawks/

Great news and we can see this on the field but PFF gives no credit to the run game giving Wilson another .75 seconds either.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:50 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:If we, as I suspect we will, end up with a winning season this year, Pete had damned well better get COTY for once. He should have gotten it in 2012.

Pete is having fun these days, having fun LOL at the national media experts predicting his team will finish 4 wins or less, LOL at the local and national media experts predicting he will be fired.

toffee is a Pete Carroll homer, toffee couldn't be happier with the team's performance, IF thy Lord would to be mysterious enough to bless toffee with a NFL franchise, toffee wants Pete Carroll to coach that team.

You can middle finger him on national TV, but you couldn't take away LOB V2 is performing at high level, hitting hard, motivated, and not missing that middle finger at all.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:00 pm
  • I've said it many times, but I'll say it again.

COACHING IS EVERYTHING.

Mike Solari is an O-Lineman savant.

He is doing the lord's work with Germaine Ifedi, and has the other 4 guys who have plenty of starting experience in the NFL playing some of their best football of their careers.

The teams biggest weakness of the last decade is now a team strength. In only 1 season. Because that is what great coaches do.

Praise be to Solari.

Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:59 pm
  • Did we ever have any doubt?!?!

Wait, don't answer that......

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:09 pm
  • Yeah, long story short Tom.Cable is the worst. From 2012-2017 every loss could be linked directly to his pathetic anti-coaching. He somehow found a away to make players worse the longer he worked with them. The Seahwaks should have won 13-15 games everyseaon. They should have won there out of four Superbowls. Tom Cable is the worst coach at every level of organized football and is a permanent stain on Pete's legacy.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:01 am
  • Still can't figure out why they call antenna, excuse me, Cable "One of the best o line coaches in the league." They were still saying that crap when Gruden hired him.

Solari is my new hero.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:16 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:Still can't figure out why they call antenna, excuse me, Cable "One of the best o line coaches in the league." They were still saying that crap when Gruden hired him.

Solari is my new hero.

Because he was lucky enough to have Russell Wilson extend his career here 3+ more years running for his life and making it somehow work. Also because he had Lynch and a strong running game working several years. But always his pass protection has been horrible (which yes I've beat into the ground), and it damn near destroyed Wilson, and this is why the deep seeded dislike for the man (and lost faith in Pete) for 3+ years from me.

Only Tom Cable could take the highest paid Oline in the league and have the #32 ranked pass protection like he did in 2013 when we actually pulled out a SB win.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:46 am
  • Shoe is on the other foot now though!!

Read this recent article on Cable. The hate is mounting. We'll find out soon enough what kind of coach Gruden is as far as tolerating incompetence like Pete did.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/ContentGallery/Tom-Cable-Seahawks-fans-Raiders-six-sacks-123328457/#123328457_1

Tom Cable has destroyed Derek Carr's offensive line but this started long before Cable got there. The offensive line was in decline in 2017 and it's surprising the sack numbers aren't even worse. But thus far, Cable's coaching has taken the line to a new level of putridness. They're on pace to more than double their sack output in 2018 compared to the past two years. What does Cable teach that has his line so terrible?

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:02 am
  • sc85sis wrote:If we, as I suspect we will, end up with a winning season this year, Pete had damned well better get COTY for once. He should have gotten it in 2012.

I hope you're right, but lets slow our roll.

We're about to go through the gauntlet of VERY good QB's that will challenge our defense and could pose a problem for our newly vaunted run game if we get down by 10-14 pts. Stafford, Rodgers, Mahomes, Rivers, Goff again.

LOVE what Solari's done with the line, but the next 4-6 weeks is IMO going to be the test of whether this year's Hawk team is for real.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:03 am
  • Tom Cable is the best Defensive Line coach in NFL history

Ain't that the truth! :lol:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:33 am
  • Gee, it's almost like coordinators and assistant/position coaches can have a big impact on a team, for better and for worse. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:Still can't figure out why they call antenna, excuse me, Cable "One of the best o line coaches in the league." They were still saying that crap when Gruden hired him.

Solari is my new hero.

No kidding! Wow. These could be some short lived stats if either Fluker or Sweezy go down to injury. But there is hope.

(Superb Owl)
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 am
  • With the way, college football is played and the limited about of NFL offseason contact the Oline coach is the second most important hire a team can make.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm
  • I know you old guys remember all the chatter back in 2010 about the NFL becoming a passing league and that Pete was crazy for building his team around defense and rushing. Now as 90% of the NFL is leaning heavily on passing and fairly gimmicky offensive principles Pete is once again the outlier.

Seriously, every team in the league has built their defense around smaller athletic guys who can move in space to stop the RPO / Spread offenses. This has literally allowed Pete and John to do what they do best. Finding value in guys the rest of the NFL no longer covets and running a system that attacks the very weakness of the current NFL. We saw it taking shape in 2011 with long physical DBs and now we're seeing it with big physical offensive lineman and an offensive system that wants to run it down your throat so much that you can't physically pass rush because you are so exhausted.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:05 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:Still can't figure out why they call antenna, excuse me, Cable "One of the best o line coaches in the league." They were still saying that crap when Gruden hired him.

Solari is my new hero.

Because he was lucky enough to have Russell Wilson extend his career here 3+ more years running for his life and making it somehow work. Also because he had Lynch and a strong running game working several years. But always his pass protection has been horrible (which yes I've beat into the ground), and it damn near destroyed Wilson, and this is why the deep seeded dislike for the man (and lost faith in Pete) for 3+ years from me.

Only Tom Cable could take the highest paid Oline in the league and have the #32 ranked pass protection like he did in 2013 when we actually pulled out a SB win.

Was he considered great before he got to Seattle?
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:08 pm
  • LMFAO, I just found out Cable played for the University of Idaho...... That explains a lot.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:Still can't figure out why they call antenna, excuse me, Cable "One of the best o line coaches in the league." They were still saying that crap when Gruden hired him.

Solari is my new hero.

Was he considered great before he got to Seattle?

Good certainly (as an oline coach and highly questionable IMO) by many including Holmgren who was a good offensive coordinator oddly enough. That was before the rule change baffled him into incompetence as mentioned above though.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    nrayorr wrote:I've noticed and I am very pleased after complaining for many years that Cable needed to be fired. The only change I don't agree with was letting go of Richard for Norton when IMHO Richard was a better DC than Norton.

I have to disagree with you on that point. Richard had lost control of his defense. Probably not his fault, he got stuck with Sheldon Richardson freelancing, Michael Bennett saying and doing what he wanted, and Richard Sherman trying to tear the whole thing down.

I agree. Too much hand holding on defense. Sometimes turning over players isn't about talent. It's about attitude.
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:31 pm
  • HawkNuts wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:
    nrayorr wrote:I've noticed and I am very pleased after complaining for many years that Cable needed to be fired. The only change I don't agree with was letting go of Richard for Norton when IMHO Richard was a better DC than Norton.

I agree. Too much hand holding on defense. Sometimes turning over players isn't about talent. It's about attitude.

Sherm, Bennett, Earl etc etc. were inmates running Richard's asylum, all those drama could be tolerated if the on-field performance was excellent. At this point, 12s should have confidence in our system, or Pete's system, this system is turning rookies, castoffs, into very serviceable if not excellent players.

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    HawkNuts wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:

Sherm, Bennett, Earl etc etc. were inmates running Richard's asylum, all those drama could be tolerated if the on-field performance was excellent.

And it was. Right up until their final play, nobody was complaining about their performance.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:47 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:

So totally THIS.

Pete is the architect, and Norton knows the scheme well and has the personality and the fire to get the most out of this crop of players, while taking no shit whatsoever from any of them. Players will do their job within the D or they will get their asses handed to them by Norton.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm
  • Nortons problem in Oakland was Del Rio, Del Rio has been a good coach but I think they were trying to run two systems at the same time and Norton was sort of handcuffed there.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm
  • seedhawk wrote:Does anyone else here remember Solari being here before, and how that worked out?

evergreen wrote:Didn’t we get to XL?

No. Mike Solari was our offensive line coach 2008-1009, during Holmgren's lame duck season.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information