2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Will be interesting assuming Dickson comes back on the roster. 11 DBs right now so seems like that's where they'd make a move. I can see keeping 4 TE and 5 WRs. Also will be interesting if they bring McKissic back and cut bait on Prosise.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1052321915484815360[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2f4bgzkt said:
Will be interesting assuming Dickson comes back on the roster. 11 DBs right now so seems like that's where they'd make a move. I can see keeping 4 TE and 5 WRs. Also will be interesting if they bring McKissic back and cut bait on Prosise.

I agree and think one of the DBs is the likely cut, but with Dickson returning the team may only keep 3 TEs and move Swoopes back to the PS.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1054502179111878656[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/1054506895183044608[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1054496390506676224[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap, updated.

The news about Damontre Moore indicates that perhaps DE- Jordan is still not ready or the team is concerned about recovery time for Green.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1056274770520489984[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, updated.

I suspect they may add Swoopes to the PS again, time will tell.

chris98251

Reaction score
I hope he makes it, he has been getting better and better and now were at the teams hurting time of year, could have thought of others that contribute far less to be let go.

Jville

Reaction score
Tyrone Swoopes should persevere in Seattle as a developmental work in progress. What little I've witnessed suggests there is every reason to assume he continues to pursue a promising career with the Seahawks.

I've been waiting all season to see Ed Dickson in the new Seahawk offense. Although, they may limit his snaps in his first game, such a veteran addition can only boost the tight end group. I'm convinced this offense is coming together and strengthening as the 2018 season unfolds. Love the point of emphasis we're seeing in this year's blocking game.

I'M all IN

Reaction score
This is a brilliant thread but strictly informative, so apologies if I'm not allowed to ask questions in here, but can anyone tell me what will happen with the cap for next year? Any big money we'll be saving on?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":55frb47c said:
This is a brilliant thread but strictly informative, so apologies if I'm not allowed to ask questions in here, but can anyone tell me what will happen with the cap for next year? Any big money we'll be saving on?

Without getting into a bunch of calculations and detail -- 2018 has been a transition year, cycling out a bunch of old contracts. Our cap definitely gets a lot better in 2019, but it's also going to be "pay the QB" year so don't look for the Seahawks to target any big name FAs. Probably going to have to let Earl and K.J. go -- try to re-sign Fluker and hopefully Clark but it's clear Frank is looking to get seriously paid so that one is going to get interesting. Real chance he gets the TAG.

Lots of people will try to post projections of dollars and figures but I've said this for years -- cap space is such a fluid situation that don't believe anyone who tries to give you a firm number. For example if someone says "we'll have $30M to spend" ask them to show their work because there's a whole lot of assumptions this early on.

The one thing any cap expert will agree on -- 2018 we had to hold the line due to some bad deals in 2016 and 2017. For example, did you know Jeremy Lane, Ahtyba Rubin and Jermaine Kearse are still on our books?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bolton, check out the OP and click on the OTC.com link therein. By reading the link you can see the dead money for this year and move to 2019 and you will see the present projected available cap. BTW ask away, there are lots of smart folks like Hawkstorian who don't mind helping.

Hawkstorian is a guru as far as the cap is concerned and used to be the constant go to guy around here a few year back, but he's stepped back a bit as others have taken up the role. He's usually always dead right on. Not truly knowing what's up with the cap as it is very fluid and many changes can be expected is normal. The big contracts the team has got to deal with coming up are Wilson's next deal and whatever deals can be be made with Clark, Wright, and Coleman.

If you look at the roster in the OP each player that is due for a renewal at the end of this season is identified with italics, there are quite a few. I agree with Hawkstorian that I doubt the team does much in FA for the 2019 season as cap will be an issue.