Seattle 31st in third down conversions

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This has been a problem for a few years now . At some point the QB has to better than 31st in 3rd down conversions.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I clicked on this hoping it would be an informative post and find out who could possibly be worse. Surprise, surprise. Just another Russell Wilson thread.

xray

Reaction score
Not all on Wilson , the OL can't run block very well and lots of 3rd and longs,causing Wilson to pass short which is not his strong play. The defenses are all over these situations. The Hawks were exposed on 3rd downs along time ago.

sutz

Reaction score
Many, if not most, 3rd down failures actually occur on 1st and 2d down. If you can't move the ball then, 3rd and long becomes a constant condition. 3rd and long leads to 4th and punt.

:229031_shrug:

I'm not sure we can blame Russ for all of that, although we have thrown a lot on 1st down so far. Which brings us back to the running game, which has been disappointing so far. Internet posters love to simplify everything so they can emphasize a treasured point. Acutally fixing a problem begins with accurately identifying it.

;)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
31st is not surprising, given the eye test.

IMO, the relatively plain-vanilla offensive schemes have as much to do with it as any other factor.

The result goes something like this:
1. Opposing defenses know what's coming.
2. They easily take that away.
3. Russell does scramble drill to find options 8, 9, or 10.
4. Number 3 works in spectacular fashion just often enough to convince coaching staff to stick to plan (but has been and continues to be a completely unsustainable way to expect an offense to win in the NFL).

Steve2222

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":28gnmd8m said:
31st is not surprising, given the eye test.

IMO, the relatively plain-vanilla offensive schemes have as much to do with it as any other factor.

The result goes something like this:
1. Opposing defenses know what's coming.
2. They easily take that away.
3. Russell does scramble drill to find options 8, 9, or 10.
4. Number 3 works in spectacular fashion just often enough to convince coaching staff to stick to plan (but has been and continues to be a completely unsustainable way to expect an offense to win in the NFL).

Pretty much this

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1spqx7yr said:
Many, if not most, 3rd down failures actually occur on 1st and 2d down. If you can't move the ball then, 3rd and long becomes a constant condition. 3rd and long leads to 4th and punt.

:229031_shrug:

I'm not sure we can blame Russ for all of that, although we have thrown a lot on 1st down so far. Which brings us back to the running game, which has been disappointing so far. Internet posters love to simplify everything so they can emphasize a treasured point. Acutally fixing a problem begins with accurately identifying it.

;)
You absolutely nailed it!

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Get a hof defense again, Wilson will create magic.

He rode a hof defense, but you guys put him up with Brady, Manning, Brees, Marino etc.

If you want to put Wilson on a pedestal grt him hof defense.

He is a slightly better Dak Prescott.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mistaowen

Reaction score
kuyyo_morro":n7i55a95 said:

He rode a hof defense, but you guys put him up with Brady, Manning, Brees, Marino etc.

I asked before, where are all of these brand new anti Russell accounts coming from?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kuyyo_morro":2fum1byf said:

Brees barely won today, and Brady lost.

Russ won today without a HOF defense, and since he doesn't have it and still won, he gets the credit.

Right?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin is really good.. Doug Baldwin is Mr. 3rd Down.