I've Admittedly Wavered But I Am In Again

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Like a lot of 12's, my faith took a blow this offseason. I started to believe the national narrative. How can the Seahawks recover from losing so much All Pro/Pro Bowl talent on defense? The offensive line stunk last year and little has been done to remedy it. A lot of coaches fired, and new faces with their new philosophies take their place. Earl's contract situation. Kam has likely played his last game in the NFL.

I could go on.

But something switched for me when I watched our draft. I didn't just hope it was a good one, I FELT it. Had the mediots given us a high draft grade I would have been genuinely disappointed. No, I want everyone to pull a Mel Kiper. I want these dolts to eat their words in a year or three.

Nobody has given this franchise as much success as we have enjoyed these past several years like Pete Carroll and John Schneider. So to think just because we are rebooting aka reloading aka rebuilding (hate to break it to ya but the label doesn't matter) that these two men don't have what it takes to do it again is foolish on anyone's part.

Rest easy twelves. In this era, a down year means 9-7. We have a lot of young, hungry and talented players itching to prove the world wrong come September.

Buckle up. While it may not be a magical season, there's every reason to believe it very well could be.

BELIEVE IT.

original poster

Reaction score
Love the optimism, Todd!

I wrote an article just today for my site echoing exactly the same.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I needed this.

I love you, gawdfodda.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":mebe6mpw said:
. In this era, a down year means 9-7.

Good perspective.

There was a time we would have killed for 9-7 and shot at the playoffs. Doesn't mean we as fans don't expect more now because Pete and John have set the bar high, but in the end if we can build another SB roster in the next 2-3 years and go deep in the playoffs or hopefully make another SB run before Pete and John leave?

Consider me a content fan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY good points. A lot of changes, but needed changes. Really looking forward to seeing how it goes. With Russ behind center, he'll keep us in most of the games, and he clearly knows how to close out a game.
You know things are good with 9-7 feels like a really bad season. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every NFL show that skips over the Seahawks like they are no longer even in the league, or the 30 second analysis "And they didn't even take an offensive lineman until in the late rounds AFTER a punter!!!" you know damn well the movers and shakers on our team are just chomping at the bit to get out there and prove everyone wrong.

Can't. Wait.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m excited for the addition by subtraction of the offensive coaching staff. Does that mean the new guys are going to be all world, no, but at least their won’t be the same fellows making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results.

I REALLY LIKE this draft. Maybe I’m wrong but I think this one will rival Russel’s draft class.

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":3c9wi95h said:
Every NFL show that skips over the Seahawks like they are no longer even in the league, or the 30 second analysis "And they didn't even take an offensive lineman until in the late rounds AFTER a punter!!!" you know damn well the movers and shakers on our team are just chomping at the bit to get out there and prove everyone wrong.

Can't. Wait.

We've got them just where we want them! Our new punter is a once in a lifetime big impact addition. And as previously noted by those who publish, a lot of folks are sleeping on Dion Jordan among many others on this 2018 roster.

Every spring sees a rebirth. Great time of renewal.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
As for the OL maybe it wasn't them but their coach..More experienced and new scheme this year may
be all that was needed..I'm shocked you wavered at all Todd but each to their own.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We all know Todd was always 'IN' but his faith simply wavered for short time.

He's back and as I indicated in another thread there are a lot of talking heads that are talking out of their rears and don't appreciate the team still has some solid talent remaining on the roster. Think the team will be 10-6 or better this season depending how the season starts.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":24r2d3cy said:

Can't. Wait.

Remember, this is the same type of crap that started our run in the first place, no RB, No QB, No Defense, Pete is a college coach can't make it in the NFL, no front office.

Let them talk crap, in fact lets give them something to talk about again, the train wreck you will see is teams thinking they can just drive by and get a win, not yet, not now.

Jac

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Last season, there was just this rot, this decay, or disease that was infecting the whole operation. From players to coaching to personnel management...all of it just felt wrong or off. It didn't help that the Rams were the young upstart or the 49ers found their media darling QB. Lesser teams, like the Ruskell/Mora Hawks, would have claimed the need for another year for the vision to be realized. This administration took this season as cue to reboot (an oft picked-on describer in the media, but entirely appropriate since we have already have a lot of pieces most importantly QB). Their Round 5 was so focused and just silly in potential value.

If the Hawks reboot their running game with Solari, Penny/Carson, Dissley/Dickson, and a FB (with Wilson an arguably top-5 QB gaining the benefit of that attention)...they're going to be a really annoying and tough out. Everybody has already anointed the Rams as division champ and 49ers as wild card contender...I think they're going to be really surprised by this team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pete Knows :stirthepot:
He's been there & done that.....Ain't his first rodeo :thRocks:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jac":16szm68k said:
Everybody has already anointed the Rams as division champ and 49ers as wild card contender...I think they're going to be really surprised by this team.

Exactly. I was watching a segment the other day on Total Access and they were talking about the NFC West and who would be competitive and they DIDN"T EVEN MENTION THE SEAHAWKS!

It was Rams this, 49ers that...

Mind. Blown.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jac":16ct6hc2 said:
I feel the same way. Last season, there was just this rot, this decay, or disease that was infecting the whole operation.

Ell 833ae144 6d1c 471a 84bb 081a2e25a4b resize 750

MA6PUZxVB3yK5RQFWnxiy5Srb6 IzIH UqocV0v7E3bCQ6H6Pw

tooshort

Reaction score
This draft felt exactly like 2012, from the grades to the heart stopping wait for "the guy" that couldn't go to a division rival... Back then it was Dangeruss, this year it was "Quem". Yeah, I'm beyond "all in" , this is gonna be fun to watch ...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Damn, I've been more optimistic this off-season due to the baggage we set on fire more than anything else. I haven't been this hopeful since the off-season following SB 49.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":2dla5vfi said:
Jac":2dla5vfi said:
Everybody has already anointed the Rams as division champ and 49ers as wild card contender...I think they're going to be really surprised by this team.

Exactly. I was watching a segment the other day on Total Access and they were talking about the NFC West and who would be competitive and they DIDN"T EVEN MENTION THE SEAHAWKS!

It was Rams this, 49ers that...

Mind. Blown.
Was channel surfing and momentarily saw a segment on the "Battle by the Bay" comparing 49ers and Raiders. Flaming Raiders fer cryin' out loud.

We're right back where we belong, flying under the radar.

:2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I heard some announcers comparing this year's Seahawks to Pete's Trojans right before he left.

"Pete does great for a while with fresh players coming through every 3 or 4 years, but then his message gets stale."

But like Brock said, if the players weren't getting excited about playing for Pete, that's on them.

Bennett's bullshit of saying he was reading books during meetings was chickenshit, considering they paid him and traded him to a winning team.

And that's how he repays the city of Seattle and all the working stiffs who buy shit so that he can make millions. The city and fans that supported his charities and his protests. Not everybody supported him, but IMHO, a large majority did.

Good riddance I hope the Eagles suck this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ivotuk":slpzjbh0 said:
Bennett's bullshit of saying he was reading books during meetings was chickenshit, considering they paid him and traded him to a winning team.

And that's how he repays the city of Seattle and all the working stiffs who buy shit so that he can make millions. The city and fans that supported his charities and his protests. Not everybody supported him, but IMHO, a large majority did.

Good riddance I hope the Eagles suck this year.
My thoughts as well. Bennett became a distraction and his act got old. So glad that he is gone.

I want the focus of the 2018 Seahawks to be on football, and only football... not on social issues... not on trying to show up the coaching staff (think Sherm), which causes division among the ranks... and not on ANYTHING not related to football.

I'm excited to see how this team comes together.