Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NFL.com takes a crack at projecting the starters

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • QB: Russell Wilson
    RB: Rashaad Penny
    WR: Doug Baldwin
    WR: Tyler Lockett
    WR: Jaron Brown
    TE: Ed Dickson
    LT: Duane Brown
    LG: Ethan Pocic
    C: Justin Britt
    RG: D.J. Fluker
    RT: Germain Ifedi

DE: Frank Clark
    DT: Jarran Reed
    DE: Dion Jordan
    OLB: K.J. Wright
    MLB: Bobby Wagner
    OLB: Barkevious Mingo
    CB: Shaquill Griffin
    CB: Byron Maxwell
    CB: Justin Coleman
    S: Earl Thomas
    S: Bradley McDougald

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... juggernaut

Nothing outrageous here. The defensive depth chart doesn't make a lot of sense because they're using a nickel (Coleman) but are starting only Clark/Reed/Jordan on the defensive line. The Seahawks play a 4-3. I guess they could mean Mingo is actually starting at LEO DE in this formation, as opposed to Strongside OLB, but Reed would probably be unlikely to start in the nickel defense. If this is the base defense, then they would need a true 3T, like Nazair Jones or Shamar Stephen. In the nickel, they could start Tom Johnson, Rasheem Green, or even Marcus Smith (at LEO).

They point out some of the obvious weaknesses in the receiving corps. Lockett deserves more credit, though. I think he's a damn good player, who is going to break out this year, a year removed from his one injury. Amara Darboh is likely to factor into the competition at SE wide receiver, in addition to Jaron Brown, who I think has a lot of potential.

Dickson has the edge in experience and pass blocking at TE. But he will have to fend off Nick Vannett and rookie bulldozer Will Dissly.

The competition at RB will be interesting between front runners Chris Carson and rookie Penny. For some reason, I have this positive feeling about C.J. Prosise finally being healthy enough to make an impact. And of course, I hope to see a fullback start a few games this year.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    QB: Russell Wilson
    RB: Rashaad Penny
    WR: Doug Baldwin
    WR: Tyler Lockett
    WR: Jaron Brown
    TE: Ed Dickson
    LT: Duane Brown
    LG: Ethan Pocic
    C: Justin Britt
    RG: D.J. Fluker
    RT: Germain Ifedi

DE: Frank Clark
    DT: Jarran Reed
    DE: Dion Jordan
    OLB: K.J. Wright
    MLB: Bobby Wagner
    OLB: Barkevious Mingo
    CB: Shaquill Griffin
    CB: Byron Maxwell
    CB: Justin Coleman
    S: Earl Thomas
    S: Bradley McDougald

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... juggernaut

Nothing outrageous here. The defensive depth chart doesn't make a lot of sense because they're using a nickel (Coleman) but are starting only Clark/Reed/Jordan on the defensive line. The Seahawks play a 4-3. I guess they could mean Mingo is actually starting at LEO DE in this formation, as opposed to Strongside OLB, but Reed would probably be unlikely to start in the nickel defense. If this is the base defense, then they would need a true 3T, like Nazair Jones or Shamar Stephen. In the nickel, they could start Tom Johnson, Rasheem Green, or even Marcus Smith (at LEO).

They point out some of the obvious weaknesses in the receiving corps. Lockett deserves more credit, though. I think he's a damn good player, who is going to break out this year, a year removed from his one injury. Amara Darboh is likely to factor into the competition at SE wide receiver, in addition to Jaron Brown, who I think has a lot of potential.

Dickson has the edge in experience and pass blocking at TE. But he will have to fend off Nick Vannett and rookie bulldozer Will Dissly.

The competition at RB will be interesting between front runners Chris Carson and rookie Penny. For some reason, I have this positive feeling about C.J. Prosise finally being healthy enough to make an impact. And of course, I hope to see a fullback start a few games this year.

They are basing the offense off of Bevells sets and the leak that our offense will be pretty much the same that Pete leaked, it will not be the same look and we will see two TE's and a FB a lot.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I seriously doubt that we will have a three man DL as a starting D look. That is really not PC's practice at all. I see Jones starting as the 3tech DT in that lineup and we lose Coleman. That makes more sense to me.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:I seriously doubt that we will have a three man DL as a starting D look. That is really not PC's practice at all. I see Jones starting as the 3tech DT in that lineup and we lose Coleman. That makes more sense to me.

I agree. Playing time can be argued, however we are not going to run a Nascar defense as our starting line up. I don't even think our Nascar will have just 3 D linemen.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• KJ Wright better not get comfortable...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

• FinNasty wrote:KJ Wright better not get comfortable...

I get that you like Griffin, but he is not on KJ's level.
    Sun Tzu
    NET Practice Squad

• KJ...AKA Monkey Arms freakish dimensions and good intelligence.

We will see if Griffen can play.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• FinNasty wrote:KJ Wright better not get comfortable...

It's a contract year for him.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I think it makes sense to just consider a "starting 12 or 13" instead of trying to decide which position to consider in the 11.
    purpleneer
    NET Starter

• KJ plays hard every play, not worried one bit about him.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sun Tzu wrote:
    FinNasty wrote:KJ Wright better not get comfortable...

Here's the problem with KJ and to some extent Bobby Wagner. They are both technically sound and play good football. But KJ rarely makes the "splash" or game changing plays. He's got a total of 2 Int's his entire career.

Last year he had 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles and just 1 INT. Neither KJ or Bobby have been big turnover or other big game changing plays. I would love to see these 2 take that next step forward in their game.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:

Here's the problem with KJ and to some extent Bobby Wagner. They are both technically sound and play good football. But KJ rarely makes the "splash" or game changing plays. He's got a total of 2 Int's his entire career.

Last year he had 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles and just 1 INT. Neither KJ or Bobby have been big turnover or other big game changing plays. I would love to see these 2 take that next step forward in their game.

Another Stat hound, their presence and what they do to stuff and seal is what makes them great, you expect them to have CB interception levels?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:

Cut Bobby Wagner.

:sarcasm_off:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:

What they do consistently well is read plays, run to the ball, and most importantly,,,,tackle. KJ has nothing to worry about.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Don't care about splash plays. He is incredibly consistent and leads by example out there. KJ is a huge part of this team.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information