OFFICIAL 2018 Seahawks Schedule

lukerguy

Reaction score
The optimist see this schedule and says, "wow if we can having a winning record in the first half, we might be able to clean up in the 2nd half"

The pessimist says, "Great! It doesn't matter if 4 our of our last 5 games are at home if we're out of the playoffs by then."

poly1274

Reaction score
Week 1: @ Denver (4:25 pm ET) - W

Week 2: @ Chicago (MNF) (8:15 pm ET)-W

Week 3: Cowboys (4:25 pm ET)-W

Week 4: @ Cardinals (4:05 pm ET)-W

Week 5: Rams (4:25 pm ET)-L

Week 6: @Oakland (London) (1:00 pm ET)-W

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: @ Lions (1:00 pm ET)-W

Week 9: Chargers (4:05 pm ET)-W

Week 10: @ Rams (4:25 pm ET)-L

Week 11: Packers (TNF) (8:20 pm ET)-L

Week 12: @ Panthers (1:00 pm ET)-W

Week 13: San Francisco (SNF) (8:20 pm ET)-W

Week 14: Vikings (MNF) (8:15 pm ET)-W

Week 15: @ San Francisco (4:05 pm ET)-L

Week 16: Chiefs (SNF) (8:20 pm ET)-W

Week 17: Arizona (4:25 pm ET)-W

12-4

original poster

Reaction score
Funny how people see the same thing different isn't it?

I am pretty happy with the schedule overall.

Cannot wait!

minormillikin

Reaction score
original poster":2z4l64ig said:

Cannot wait!

I feel the same about the schedule as I do about the team in general. I have no idea if it's bad, ok, or great.

I guess I'll have to tune in and find out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":3f28yd9a said:

Cannot wait!
:2thumbs: Same

themunn

Reaction score
I think those first 6 games are all winnable, and if we come out of it with 3-3 record or better it will set us up well coming out of the bye. Personally I think 4-2 should be well within our grasp

Chiekamon

Reaction score
Wow, 4 out of 6 on the road to start?

Hopefully the tendencies will shift because this team has been dreadful early.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Any way you cut it, only having 2 home games prior to November is pathetic. Just awful.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like any schedule, there are some good things and some bad. With 5 of 7 at home to finish the season, they could start out pretty slow, have people freak out and then finish strong.

Only two 10am games is nice. The two things that stuck out as brutal imo were: 1. Playing the Rams of all teams in Seattle the week before London. 2. Playing GB 4 days after playing the Rams.

Overall, I don't mind it at all. Sucks having 2 on the road to start. However, AT Denver and Chicago in September is a hell of lot better than November and December. We got a nice break there.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2shcjedo said:
Like any schedule, there are some good things and some bad. With 5 of 7 at home to finish the season, they could start out pretty slow, have people freak out and then finish strong.

Only two 10am games is nice. The two things that stuck out as brutal imo were: 1. Playing the Rams of all teams in Seattle the week before London. 2. Playing at GB 4 days after playing the Rams.

Overall, I don't mind it at all. Sucks having 2 on the road to start. However, AT Denver and Chicago in September is a hell of lot better than November and December. We got a nice break there.

Green Bay game is not away. It is in Seattle.

Mindsink

Reaction score
minormillikin":k31bzans said:
The Seahawks have lost 10 straight road games that I've attended, so maybe I'll pick the game that will be least disappointing to lose.

Interesting. The Seahawks have never lost a road game I've attended, dating back to 1994. :)

I do like 4 out of 5 games at home to close out the season. This is where playoffs could be on the line. After missing the playoffs last year, just making the playoffs this year would be a step in the right direction.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've been to 12 road games plus a Super Bowl. They are 4-9 in those games. They got a lot better on the road after many of the games I went to. But other than Cleveland, always a great time seeing the team on the road.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I looked at all our opponents BYE weeks and this year we'll face only one team coming off their BYE... and that is the LA Chargers in Week 9.

At least we get them at home.

Overall, I'm okay with the schedule.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I'm not sure why everyone s so worried the lack of home games to start. If I remember right we were not very good at home last year anyways. The whole 12th man home field advantage is sort of gone. No one fears playing us at home any longer.

We could be playing Denver and Chicago in December when the temps are close to zero and I'm not sure if you know the winds at Soldier field can get pretty nasty in the winter.

We also only have one east coast game besides London. Then we get the new coach Lions after a bye week.

My question is, isn't it odd for a team to play a team in the preseason and the regular season? When is the last time this has happened? And, we play 3 of the 4 preseason teams in the regular season. I'm sure that has never happened for any NFL team

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Should this team make the playoffs, the final stretch of games at home will be a boon, it seem. Travel can be hard, so let's get it out of the way!

I also like this schedule; the joy is that I cannot see any team (Ok, perhaps Rams, sadly), that we cannot beat; but also no team (maybe Chicago?) that would be an "easy win." The parity is strong. So if the whole team comes together at all (read: 0-line blocks, D gets pressure and turnovers), this could be a great year to watch good Seahawks football.

If the team doesn't come together, every one of these games could be difficult, and the record could be rather depressing. I'm excited to watch every one of these games.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":235smm2l said:
I'm not sure why everyone s so worried the lack of home games to start. If I remember right we were not very good at home last year anyways. The whole 12th man home field advantage is sort of gone. No one fears playing us at home any longer.

We could be playing Denver and Chicago in December when the temps are close to zero and I'm not sure if you know the winds at Soldier field can get pretty nasty in the winter.

We also only have one east coast game besides London. Then we get the new coach Lions after a bye week.

My question is, isn't it odd for a team to play a team in the preseason and the regular season? When is the last time this has happened? And, we play 3 of the 4 preseason teams in the regular season. I'm sure that has never happened for any NFL team

We play a team in pre season and regular season on a regular basis. Since we were moved from the AFC to the NFC, we've played at least 2 AFC West pre season games every year. Every 4th year, we play the AFC west in the regular season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
zchurch74":3gaem97g said:
Home/away splits are very significant in the NFL for all teams. Even if you think the crowd factor in Seattle is completely gone, there's still the travel/time zone angle to consider. I expect an 8 point swing in the spread at the minimum (+4/-4) for Seattle next year and that translates to around 25% in Win Probability. That could easily be a swing of 2 games or so for starting 5 of 7 on the road. The home games on the back end will enable people to keep hope if we do fall behind early but I would personally much rather an even distribution.

Selfishly, I'd also much rather attend games at C-Link in September over December, and I'd rather have games scheduled early when there's no chance that the games will be meaningless.