Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

"We all we got?"

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
"We all we got?"
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 pm
  • For years, the battle cry of the Seahawks and the Seahawks alone pre-game was;

"WE ALL WE GOT!!! WE ALL WE NEED!!!"

It was chanted as shouts in concert between huddled up Seahawks players to get them revved up before a game. We've all seen the video. So this past season I noticed other teams shouting "We all we got!" I was a bit alarmed but not too much since this is a copycat league, and we all know how many teams have taken fruit from the Seahawks table over the past four or five years.

But then I heard a team (I can't remember who at the moment but it was in the playoffs) shouting "We all we got!! We all we need!" and I was like, "Really?!?"

Now pardon me, it's the offseason and all, I get it, but that just bugged me for some reason. Anyone else notice that?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: "We all we got?"
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm
  • I think a lot of teams have been doing that. I think the Saints were saying it way back when, before the Who Dat? chants.

I don't think it was all that original with us.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 pm
  • Say wha?! Is that true?? You mean to tell me the Seahawks were not the originators of that battle call?

Egg meet face. :34853_doh:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 am
  • sutz wrote:I think a lot of teams have been doing that. I think the Saints were saying it way back when, before the Who Dat? chants.

Next Sutz is going to tell us we didn't create the '12th man' :D :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:25 am
  • No sweat guys. I'm willing to be proven wrong. It has happened from time to time.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 am
  • original poster wrote:
    sutz wrote:I think a lot of teams have been doing that. I think the Saints were saying it way back when, before the Who Dat? chants.

Marilyn Monroe didn't invent lingerie either... but she wore it best.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    sutz wrote:I think a lot of teams have been doing that. I think the Saints were saying it way back when, before the Who Dat? chants.

Marilyn Monroe didn't invent lingerie either... but she wore it best.

LOL! I get what you mean, but,

STOPPITTTT!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:12 pm
  • "Whoooooo's got my back?!" (I got your back)...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:51 am
  • That's probably so old I think the Vikings used it when they were bombing Pearl Harbor back in the 16th century.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:25 am
  • I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir used it before a big gig to hype themselves up.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:56 pm
  • Aros wrote:For years, the battle cry of the Seahawks and the Seahawks alone pre-game was;

"WE ALL WE GOT!!! WE ALL WE NEED!!!"

It was chanted as shouts in concert between huddled up Seahawks players to get them revved up before a game. We've all seen the video. So this past season I noticed other teams shouting "We all we got!" I was a bit alarmed but not too much since this is a copycat league, and we all know how many teams have taken fruit from the Seahawks table over the past four or five years.

But then I heard a team (I can't remember who at the moment but it was in the playoffs) shouting "We all we got!! We all we need!" and I was like, "Really?!?"

It was the Patriots. Red Bryant took it there, probably, because he originated it in Seattle (I think).

And yeah, it pissed me off, too.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir used it before a big gig to hype themselves up.

Lol
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:13 pm
  • I thought I heard the Rams reciting it before they played the Falcons in the Wild-Card game in LA. Saw a few folks tweet about it.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:20 am
  • After the superbowl the hawks changed ours to " It's all about me and I need more cash"...
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 am
  • The players carry it with them too. Any backup player switching teams every offseason is going to bring fun routines and chants with him to every team he goes to so after a few years they all are shared and used.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:36 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:It was the Patriots. Red Bryant took it there, probably, because he originated it in Seattle (I think).

And yeah, it pissed me off, too.

GOOD! I thought I was the only one making a mountain out of a molehill. :lol:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:36 am
  • drdiags wrote:I thought I heard the Rams reciting it before they played the Falcons in the Wild-Card game in LA. Saw a few folks tweet about it.

James! How are you my old friend? It's been a long time! Hope life is treating you and yours well. Good to see you around here.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:40 am
  • Teams have been doing this chant for years. Definitely not a Hawks original.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:After the superbowl the hawks changed ours to " It's all about me and I need more cash"...

That is the reason they haven't so far won another Superbowl. They simply do not play as one any longer.
    jeremiah
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 am
  • hawkman wrote:Teams have been doing this chant for years. Definitely not a Hawks original.

Show me proof. Show me ONE piece of official footage of an NFL team chanting that EXACT STATEMENT before 2010 and I will send you $50 dollars in the mail. Easy money? I bet not.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:02 am
  • jeremiah wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:After the superbowl the hawks changed ours to " It's all about me and I need more cash"...

That is the reason they haven't so far won another Superbowl. They simply do not play as one any longer.

This happens..
    Jelousy,selfishness and focus away from football due to money.
    I think that is why BB gets rid of most players headed that way to avoid the headache.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 am
  • Aros wrote:
    hawkman wrote:Teams have been doing this chant for years. Definitely not a Hawks original.

Show me proof. Show me ONE piece of official footage of an NFL team chanting that EXACT STATEMENT before 2010 and I will send you $50 dollars in the mail. Easy money? I bet not.

Not sure where to find proof? We were saying that in High School 20 plus years ago ( I believe another guy mentioned they used it in his middle school) Anybody that grew up in this country and has been involved in sports has heard this way before 2010. This is silly, not a big deal but did you not play football growing up in this country?
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    hawkman wrote:Teams have been doing this chant for years. Definitely not a Hawks original.

Not sure where to find proof? We were saying that in High School 20 plus years ago ( I believe another guy mentioned they used it in his middle school) Anybody that grew up in this country and has been involved in sports has heard this way before 2010. This is silly, not a big deal but did you not play football growing up in this country?

It was a very common expression in rap songs in the early and mid-90s (maybe before that too, I don't know).

Heck, "We All We Got" was even the title and chorus refrain of a Master P song 15 years ago, and the title of a RZA song 13 years ago.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:14 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    jeremiah wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:After the superbowl the hawks changed ours to " It's all about me and I need more cash"...

This happens..
    Jelousy,selfishness and focus away from football due to money.
    I think that is why BB gets rid of most players headed that way to avoid the headache.

BB is a football coaching god. No one else follows his example because they do not have the strength of faith in his evaluation that he does. He simply does not vary his approach, and it is exactly what is necessary in the professional league of our times. Treat the team like a College recruiting class, keep only who is healthy and is clearly good enough to be a superior player for 4 more years. Not for 2 years, 4 years or move on. There are a few exceptions, but not many. If you cut or trade a Michael Bennett, you replace him with a young stud who is both hungry and/or accomplished. The same goes for your WR if they are not super special. Tom needs no continuity, HE makes them special. They do though keep great TE's. Great blockers, and really solid LB's. Everything else they rotate them out when payday comes.
    jeremiah
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 pm
  • hawkman wrote:Not sure where to find proof? We were saying that in High School 20 plus years ago ( I believe another guy mentioned they used it in his middle school) Anybody that grew up in this country and has been involved in sports has heard this way before 2010. This is silly, not a big deal but did you not play football growing up in this country?

No, not a big deal. I was mostly kidding. I believe you. I just find it strange that I never once in all my 41 years of watching the NFL heard any team chant "We're all we got, we're all we need!" on NFL Films or any other footage until the Seahawks started it in 2011, and I never subsequently heard any other NFL team chant that same exact quote until this year.

I stand by my original premise. The Seahawks template is the NFL's version of the Butterfly Effect. ;)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information