Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ethan Poccic named PFWA all rookie team

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ethan Poccic named PFWA all rookie team
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:04 pm
  • Looks like our little big man got the attention of the same pro football writers who do the voting for MVP and All-Pro teams.

I thought he was very inconsistent this season but I guess you could say that about every player Cable coached. I hope this is a sign of more good things to come his way.

http://www.profootballwriters.org/2018/ ... eam-named/
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Kind of funny. He's the one offensive line pick we've made that the pundits have liked in years lol
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• He made the all rookie team, that is great. I thought he was just OK but opinions of him varied widely.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:He made the all rookie team, that is great. I thought he was just OK but opinions of him varied widely.

It would vary from play to play. He would hold his own most of the time but there were just so many plays in which he was pushed around.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I thought he was pretty bad last season.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• He was awful, lol. But congrats to him.

:irishdrinkers:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• PFF had him graded awfully for what it's worth, worst graded 2nd rounder IIRC.

He's going to get bigger in year 2 and this was his rookie year, He gets plenty of slack if you ask me.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Are these the same writers who rank Cable as an offensive line “guru?”
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Pocic only needs to get stronger and anchor better to become a quality player,
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Does this prove how bad the 2017 OL draft class was?
    massari
    NET Veteran

• He also needs a coach that doesn’t over complicate blocking.

jammerhawk wrote:Pocic only needs to get stronger and anchor better to become a quality player,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

• This was probably due to lack of candidates to be named on this team more than his play. Though I am excited about Pocic can become with an offseason strength routine.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Do we still have the .gif of the line going right and Pocic going left? That was a good one. I think that was a Baldinger special.

God I hope this kid gets coached up by Solari.

Side note - Makes me wonder if Ifedi can be salvaged at this point or if he's permanently damaged material. (back on topic)

Yay for Pocic.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• There's a lot to like about him and his biggest downfall was the lack of an NFL strength program. He's even admitted to this and plans to bulk up this year. Basically the reverse Cable pick, I'm excited to see him get better next year.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:There's a lot to like about him and his biggest downfall was the lack of an NFL strength program. He's even admitted to this and plans to bulk up this year. Basically the reverse Cable pick, I'm excited to see him get better next year.

That, plus he’s playing out of position at guard. He’s a natural center, where his lack of strength wouldn’t be as big of an issue.

I like him though. Anxious to see what he can do next year.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I was excited about him coming out of LSU, and disappointed to see he didn't make more of a splash on the field. But I was also surprised we didn't plug him in at center, which seems like his natural position. And of course with everything coming out about Cable actually making players worse, I expect him to make a big leap next year.

I'm excited for him. He could cement a position for us on a heretofore fluid O-line.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:I was excited about him coming out of LSU, and disappointed to see he didn't make more of a splash on the field. But I was also surprised we didn't plug him in at center, which seems like his natural position. And of course with everything coming out about Cable actually making players worse, I expect him to make a big leap next year.

I'm excited for him. He could cement a position for us on a heretofore fluid O-line.

What kind splash is normal for a guard?

By nature of the position, if you don't ever hear their number called, it means they're doing good.

IMO Pocic had a great rookie year, and like most rookies the big jump should be in year two when they've had a full off season in the teams development and workout program. So Pocic SHOULD come into camp ready to rock and be every bit as good as we expect.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• A career path similar to Max Unger shouldn't be out of the question. Unger was poor as a rookie, largely due to a lack of sand in his pants, got some heft and strength to match his technique and athleticism and became a really good player.

With Pocic, there's nothing not to like from a talent and technique perspective, an NFL offseason will do him wonders.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:IMO Pocic had a great rookie year, and like most rookies the big jump should be in year two when they've had a full off season in the teams development and workout program. So Pocic SHOULD come into camp ready to rock and be every bit as good as we expect.

Guys were using the same 2nd year jump statement on Ifedi this time last year, 2nd year jump plus RT being Ifedi's "nature" position.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:IMO Pocic had a great rookie year, and like most rookies the big jump should be in year two when they've had a full off season in the teams development and workout program. So Pocic SHOULD come into camp ready to rock and be every bit as good as we expect.

Guys were using the same 2nd year jump statement on Ifedi this time last year, 2nd year jump plus RT being Ifedi's "nature" position.

If you would like we can use the 2nd year jump of Kam.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• I thought that Pocic might be a good one, particularly because he is the one offensive line person NOT hand picked by Cable in the draft. Bulk him up and move him to Right Tackle which fits his physique better, and I think he could be a Pro Bowl lineman in a couple of years.
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Practice Squad

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

This is brutal, almost Ifedi-ish.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Lmao Walsh and Ethan. Sigh
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• You can't really judge a player after one season, I still think it was a great pick and he will end up panning out.

You all need to relax.
    You got 1 year Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• He has the athleticism and brains which is huge. He needs the strength but we see what a player with the athleticism, strength and no brains can do
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• You can't coach stupid, but you can add strength and size.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Other than a few cameo appearances, we didn't get to see enough Poccic played center in games. Not sure about his chemistry with Wilson, and adjustments callin' abilities. We have seen his guard plays, dude seems to have good forms and techniques but lacking raw strength. I am intrigued to play Poccic as center and trade Britt for cap rooms and picks, feels like a low risk movement. Britt is good, but not great and certainly not untouchable.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Normally I would agree to dump Britt but our OL is so bad that I think throwing away one of the only 2 good linemen we have as being a disastrous mistake.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• NFSeahawks628 wrote:You can't really judge a player after one season, I still think it was a great pick and he will end up panning out.

You all need to relax.

Eh, I'd agree. I think it's just important for people to know where he's starting out for 2018. He got picked on a lot and struggled, like Griffin.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information