So Bad From Start To Finish It Was Laughable

hangumhi

Reaction score
The D line is guessing while gap shooting and when bull rushing they're not getting their heads around. They're not making reads. What you saw today was an offensive coordinator who saw this on film, told his runner to hesitate, make one cut and go, or simply read the tackles and ends and go opposite their gap shoot. I can tell that Richard is not scheming the line calls, either that or they aren't listening. It appears to me that the D line is given full freedom to do what they want on every play...ad lib. Worst defensive coaching I have ever witnessed today.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1zap57yx said:
The DL has been the biggest disappointment on the team. The pass rush is woeful. Bennett had one tackle and one hurry this game. It's not enough. He's hurt and our depth just isn't getting it done.

Agreed. Bortles and Goff had all day back there. Just further proves what a stupid move to release Freeney was. 3 sacks and Carroll gets rid of him.

cymatica

Reaction score
hangumhi":39igbj9o said:
The D line is guessing while gap shooting and when bull rushing they're not getting their heads around. They're not making reads. What you saw today was an offensive coordinator who saw this on film, told his runner to hesitate, make one cut and go, or simply read the tackles and ends and go opposite their gap shoot. I can tell that Richard is not scheming the line calls, either that or they aren't listening. It appears to me that the D line is given full freedom to do what they want on every play...ad lib. Worst defensive coaching I have ever witnessed today.

According to Richardson himself, this is the way our dline plays. He was asked the difference between here and the Jets in an interview when we got him, his answer basically was that in NY the dline had specific assignments on plays, here it's more freelance.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't know what happened to our special teams. They showed 2013 greatness in the beginning of the year. I thought it was our missing piece from the past two seasons then it just imploded all over. Kicking (I've noticed too the Walsh's "great" leg hasn't been kicking touchbacks), penalties, punt coverage, punting, kick coverage, kick returning,,,,,complete shit storm.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
cymatica":tvdglcvi said:
hangumhi":tvdglcvi said:

According to Richardson himself, this is the way our dline plays. He was asked the difference between here and the Jets in an interview when we got him, his answer basically was that in NY the dline had specific assignments on plays, here it's more freelance.

For all of them? I can see one player but if all of them do what they want, that just seems unheard of.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The most perplexing thing for me in that game was how FLAT they came out. Completely uninspired from the start. This game was MASSIVE for our playoff hopes and chance to potentially retain our status as perennial division champions. We could have made a bold statement, instead they all came out and played like they wanted to be at home on the couch or on the golf course.

Just disgusted on SO many levels with this team today. Coaches, players, everyone.

NO EXCUSES. I want my money back.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I literally laughed. Nobody likes watching games with me but other diehard hawk fans, I'm into it, I'm angry, I'm elated, I'm all over the emotional spectrum but I'm invested, today I just was indifferent. I was as dispassionate as the team seemed to be, I just sat back and laughed at what a hot mess it was out there. Can't remember the last time the team just complete no showed in every facet like that

djb28

Reaction score
flmmkrz":23w3wxjr said:
I literally laughed. Nobody likes watching games with me but other diehard hawk fans, I'm into it, I'm angry, I'm elated, I'm all over the emotional spectrum but I'm invested, today I just was indifferent. I was as dispassionate as the team seemed to be, I just sat back and laughed at what a hot mess it was out there. Can't remember the last time the team just complete no showed in every facet like that
Oh, oh. I know the answer to this!
It was every game Dan McGuire played in.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm with many posters that laughed from about the second quarter onwards. Weird, but I emotionally detached myself pretty early on and it was probably for the best.

I just cannot fathom how, from top to bottom, coaching to play calling to execution, can look so poor. I don't think I can give props to anyone short of maybe Bradley McDougald who looked alright.

The tackling was the worst I have EVER seen in a Seahawks game within the Pete Carroll era, there was a play where 3 players missed a tackle on the same player (Gurley, probably). That just doesn't happen in Seahawks world.

I was firmly in the optimistic crowd prior to the game, wasn't expecting an easy win but a win none the less. Who could have predicted that?

I very much doubt we will see any changes whatsoever today however if Dallas beats them convincingly, I think Pete makes some drastic changes. If those drastic changes happen, I pray that those changes don't further add to this teams downfall. Very much make or break.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
At this point, our prospects seem even worse than they did in the TJack year. At least there was an ascending trend then.

The last time I left a game early to return to tailgating was the Charlie Whitehurst blowout game against the Giants. That's been a long time coming.

Seemed totally obvious that this team isn't responding to the message. Always compete? Nah. Championship opportunity? Sure was. It's not how you start, it's how you finish? Couldn't have said it better.

This team didn't embody any of those things.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
original poster":1gk3imev said:
I'm with many posters that laughed from about the second quarter onwards. Weird, but I emotionally detached myself pretty early on and it was probably for the best.

I just cannot fathom how, from top to bottom, coaching to play calling to execution, can look so poor. I don't think I can give props to anyone short of maybe Bradley McDougald who looked alright.

The tackling was the worst I have EVER seen in a Seahawks game within the Pete Carroll era, there was a play where 3 players missed a tackle on the same player (Gurley, probably). That just doesn't happen in Seahawks world.

I was firmly in the optimistic crowd prior to the game, wasn't expecting an easy win but a win none the less. Who could have predicted that?

I very much doubt we will see any changes whatsoever today however if Dallas beats them convincingly, I think Pete makes some drastic changes. If those drastic changes happen, I pray that those changes don't further add to this teams downfall. Very much make or break.

I stopped watching very quickly which is most unlike me and I'm usually a quivering wreck of anger or happiness and like others on this thread just very involved. I drifted off to Redzone quite early in the gameas I'm stupidly superstitious and if a game isnt going how I want I will try to change something about how I'm watching. In the end I just fired up the XBox and played FIFA occasionally glancing at nfl.com on my phone. I like to think of it as a coping mechanism.

original poster

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2oivjjuo said:
original poster":2oivjjuo said:

I stopped watching very quickly which is most unlike me and I'm usually a quivering wreck of anger or happiness and like others on this thread just very involved. I drifted off to Redzone quite early in the gameas I'm stupidly superstitious and if a game isnt going how I want I will try to change something about how I'm watching. In the end I just fired up the XBox and played FIFA occasionally glancing at nfl.com on my phone. I like to think of it as a coping mechanism.

Yeah whatever works, Rob!

rossob

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2q6ivcmf said:
I don't know what happened to our special teams. They showed 2013 greatness in the beginning of the year. I thought it was our missing piece from the past two seasons then it just imploded all over. Kicking (I've noticed too the Walsh's "great" leg hasn't been kicking touchbacks), penalties, punt coverage, punting, kick coverage, kick returning,,,,,complete shit storm.
I'm wondering about that too. I thought we addressed the ST in the offseason and they looked good in the beginning. Then they got worse and at the end of the season, when it really mattered, it's suddenly "Surprise", you have one of the worst special teams in the league."
Does anyone have an idea what happened here? Did we lose some important special team players to injuries?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
My mother used to tell me ... that sometimes you've got to laugh -- otherwise, you'll cry. Yeah, that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about this team right now.

As I said in the End of an Era thread -- I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to agree. This DOES feel like the End of an Era.

In fact, I had to kind of check my eyes for a second. I mean -- did the Rams and the Seahawks players end up switching uniforms somehow? That Rams team SURE looked a lot like we're seeing this Seahawks team look. The Rams looked more like the Seahawks than the Seahawks did (and that is real painful for me to say).

I am a definitely more of a "glass is half full" kind of guy ... but I'm laughing off the notion of the playoffs right now. Pete Carroll can say what he wants. Luke Willson can say this team is going to "beat the hell" out of Dallas ... but I'm laughing that off.

It pains me to no end to say this ... but this version of the Seahawks LOOKS very laughable right now. They are in desperate need of a makeover IMO. Sometimes, you need to tear something down -- you need to gut a structure -- in order to rebuild it anew into something wonderful to behold. To me, yesterday was a signal that this team is at that point -- I don't know how much clearer it could be. I just hope that Paul Allen, Schneider, and company recognize that as well. I think they do and I fully believe we are going to see a whole lot of change over the course of this coming offseason.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I too was literally laughing sitting in my seat watching that debacle. When it is THAT bad, all you can do is disconnect from your usual mode of caring and just sit back and shake your head, laugh, and chose at what point you get up and leave the game. That level of ass beating at home for pretty much all the marbles doesn't deserve me getting pissed off. No tantrum would change that outcome.

The U.S.S. Seahawk, which was built in 2012, is sinking. Save your top players and youngin's that have bought in and playing hard, and let all the rest go down with the ship.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":3mtlcrkb said:
I too was literally laughing sitting in my seat watching that debacle. When it is THAT bad, all you can do is disconnect from your usual mode of caring and just sit back and shake your head, laugh, and chose at what point you get up and leave the game. That level of ass beating at home for pretty much all the marbles doesn't deserve me getting pissed off. No tantrum would change that outcome.

The U.S.S. Seahawk, which was built in 2012, is sinking. Save your top players and youngin's that have bought in and playing hard, and let all the rest go down with the ship.

I was at the game and at one point asked my wife if we had somehow gone back in time to the 90's.

kf3339

Reaction score
Surprised by the score. Not the Loss.

PC just doesn't get it anymore, and Paul Allen needs to do what is right for the team at this point. That is clearly to make a complete change of the coaching staff after this season starting with PC. Let him announce his retirement to save face, but if he is not willing to do so let him go.

It is time to bring in a fresh, creative and aggressive HC who understands offenses well. Someone who can build a strong offensive system around RW to really flourish. Also someone who understands how to make in-game adjustments when and where needed. Last, someone who understands that we have some strong pieces on the defense that can bring back a top 5 defense, but knows how to get an aggressive DC who is as strong on that side of the ball as he would be for the offense.

The sad part is that this has been the case for two years, and nothing was done to fix it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not laughing one bit. They looked like they flat out didn't care. That isn't something we see from a Carroll team. Absolutely putrid.