Dream List

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1cpacxkt said:
Siouxhawk":1cpacxkt said:
This is what teams that are perennial losers do. Luckily, the Hawks are not such an organization, so it won't come to this.

So just keep who we have and continue to regress? Gotcha.
Or get back on track.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1ohmwrpp said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":1ohmwrpp said:
i would like to see mudd as an advisor of some sort maybe to crack heads man even big walt to start slapping people around
I'd love to see Walt get a coaching opportunity here.

I'm curious, why? Has he expressed any interest in coaching other than giving a guy tips when he has been called?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
getnasty":3vzfe3lz said:
Who was the last successful college coach to come to the NFL? Harbaugh and Chip anyone else?
There have been many successful college coaches in the NFL, chief among them being Bill Walsh. Of course there have been many failures as well. It is like getting any other coach, there are some good, some bad, and some in between.

getnasty

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2bmhc8wx said:
getnasty":2bmhc8wx said:
Who was the last successful college coach to come to the NFL? Harbaugh and Chip anyone else?

Harbaugh is top of my list.

I'm sure he's on the top of Sherm and Baldwin's list too.

getnasty

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":l63wnxzk said:
getnasty":l63wnxzk said:
There have been many successful college coaches in the NFL, chief among them being Bill Walsh. Of course there have been many failures as well. It is like getting any other coach, there are some good, some bad, and some in between.

Ok add one guy 30 years ago to the list.

getnasty

Reaction score
original poster":1j9ypoo3 said:
getnasty":1j9ypoo3 said:
ludakrishna":1j9ypoo3 said:
getnasty":1j9ypoo3 said:

Harbaugh is top of my list.

I'm sure he's on the top of Sherm and Baldwin's list too.

Snigger.

What does that mean? Sorry I really have no clue.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Matt Patricia

Very smart man that was brought up under Bilichick. Does great things in New England with very little talent defensively. They started the year terrible and now are 6th in points allowed per game.

Has that attention to detail style coaching that makes Bilichick so good. Almost the opposite of Pete.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Unless Pete retires .... none of the people named could lace his shoes. McDaniels? duh ...
I would focus on getting better talent first. Pete should fire John S. first. Our recent draft picks have been horrendous. I'm sure we have had the worst drafts in the NFL after the Wilson draft. Christine Michael? Ifedi? McDowell? Cassius March? Pierre Louis?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":2ogvmaeb said:
Matt Patricia

Very smart man that was brought up under Bilichick. Does great things in New England with very little talent defensively. They started the year terrible and now are 6th in points allowed per game.

Has that attention to detail style coaching that makes Bilichick so good. Almost the opposite of Pete.

No way. That guy is a fraud. He wears a pencil behind his ear, but his play sheet is laminated. AND the pencil isn't even sharp. Fraud.

Matt patricia

IrishNW

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1gij3wbh said:
IrishNW":1gij3wbh said:
Matt Patricia

No way. That guy is a fraud. He wears a pencil behind his ear, but his play sheet is laminated. AND the pencil isn't even sharp. Fraud.

Matt patricia

Look at that beard, that's worth +3 wins alone. The non flat billed ballcap is huge, it's backwards as well. That shows he really means business but he likes to have a good time but not in a hipster way.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":2kryh1fl said:
Seanhawk":2kryh1fl said:
IrishNW":2kryh1fl said:
Matt Patricia

Matt patricia

Look at that beard, that's worth +3 wins alone. The non flat billed ballcap is huge, it's backwards as well. That shows he really means business but he likes to have a good time but not in a hipster way.

Eh, I'm convinced he's a good candidate to be Lincoln Hawk's opponent in the semi-final in an Over The Top re-make. Not sure about head coach.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
getnasty":3k7cebtf said:
Pete's not leaving and I hope he doesn't but if they did David Shaw would be the guy to get.

I like that idea. Talk about a big power team that plays hard nosed football. His coaching could go far in the NFL.

Rat

Reaction score
getnasty":dl2t135q said:
RastaHawk12!":dl2t135q said:
getnasty":dl2t135q said:

Um... Pete?

Not sure how I missed that one.

Pete was great at USC, but I didn't really think of that as hiring a college coach. He was a lifelong NFL guy who took a college job after getting fired by his second NFL team. That's a lot different than the Falcons hiring Bobby Petrino, or the Bucs hiring Greg Schiano, or us when we hired Dennis Erickson.

I generally don't like going the college HC route, as they seem to fizzle more often than not, but there are a few guys who I could probably get on board with.

RussB

Reaction score
They need a great offensive coordinator. So i agree with josh daniels. I also think Mike Mccoy would be a great candidate for OC. He got fired by denver but i dont think he was the problem they have bad QB's.