Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Will We ever see fair Officiating Restored in the NFL?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I'm not saying the Jaguars didn't play great football today, that would be dishonest and unfair to them. My bitch is that once again the Officials, which in effect, is the NFL hierarchy had an agenda from the onset, that made clear to everyone, that they were going to do whatever was necessary to insure that the Jaguars walked off the field with a W in their column at the end of this one.

This type of officiating has become so commonplace, that all the players can do is to stay composed, and just accept that the only chance of winning, is to put up enough point to try and overcome both of our opponents out there, the team we are facing and the officiating team.

The officials are by far the most difficult of the two teams on the field, to overcome, because they hold all the cards. They can, and do make up and call penalties, that all to often, in review, never occurred, or blatantly ignore penalties that did occur right in front of them, knowing full well that by doing so that they are affecting the outcome of our games.

We can and will review and discuss all the calls, reviews, and penalties, that influenced the outcome of this game and many of our other games, I don't want to win games due to NFL Officiating in our favor, I don't want to win games that way either. I just want to get back to seeing teams playing football games, that are fairly and objectively officiated, and winning or losing based on how we all play the game.

The only way I can see that happening is if the fans all come together, and say "enough is enough" and demand the the NFL relinquish their stranglehold on officiating their own games, where they have way to much money invested in the outcomes of these games.

If you're interested in saving the sport, and restoring fairness and dignity back into professional football, just follow the money, it will always expose the truth. Consider cutting off the money flow. Maybe it will take an all out boycott to turn it around. Quit buying tickets, quit subscribing to NFL Season Ticket, don't set down and watch games on TV, and don't buy NFL gear.

My guess is that it wouldn't take more than a week or two, for the NFL to cry Uncle, and relinquish the reins to an Officiating scheme that fairly and objectively governs our games, God, would that be refreshing or what? That game with the Jaguars today was an embarrassment to the NFL that reflected and defined everything that is wrong with them. I'm always amazed by the fans who will turn a blind eye to the obvious so long as things are going their team's way.

When the Officiating blade turns on their team, it doesn't take long for them to start singing a different tune. I will say that I don't think I've seen fans act as asinine, hateful or violent as what I witnessed today in Jacksonville. If I saw Seahawk fans acting like that I would be advocating for those persons to be found, arrested and charged with assault and battery, and face the legal consequences of their behavior. At very least, I would hope that they were permanently 86'd from ever entering Century -Link Field again ever.

Im sure I might sound a little over reactionary, but consider what might have happened had Jefferson been hit in his eyes by some of the projectiles thrown his way. If I were him I would be speaking with an attorney about civil consequences. in retrospect the Officials lost total and complete control of the game today, and ultimately should be held accountable for everything that happened today. Perhaps they will.

Go Seahawks !
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• I wouldn’t classify the reffing in the NFL as unfair; rather, I think it’s objectively poor more often than not, screwing every team along the way.

Aside from Vinovich and McCauley I can’t think of any consistently decent ref crews.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• kobebryant wrote:I wouldn’t classify the reffing in the NFL as unfair; rather, I think it’s objectively poor more often than not, screwing every team along the way.

Aside from Vinovich and McCauley I can’t think of any consistently decent ref crews.

I believe that to be true. The referees aren't biased, they are just bad.
    There should be a way to challenge missed calls and the NFL has to call penalties more consistently/clearly phrase what a penalty is if they don't want to lose more viewers.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie

• The NFL doesn’t think they have an officiating problem though. If they did they would streamline and simplify the rule book and publicly reprimand their officials when they make bad calls, and hold them accountable when they do a crappy job, with fines and or termination all of which should be public knowledge. But they do the opposite, they have Deano “I rode on Jerry Jones’ party bus” Blandino and “Baghdad” Mike Pereira “covering” for these clowns on the networks.

But they won’t fix the problems, As long as their Big market and legacy teams are in the playoffs every year that’s all they care about. The more playoff “merch and swag” sold the more $$$ they make. The bigger the market or bigger the legacy team the more playoff merch they sell. It’s all about the $$$.

“Steering” of games is a very real thing, and the NFL proves me right on that point every week. Just watch most of the games around the league, and see it with your eyes.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Aside from P Rich getting tackled on the 4th down play, the officiating seemed fine to me.

Did I miss something?
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I do not agree, teams play, one team wins and the fans of the losing team always complain about getting screwed by the refs, its the cycle of life.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

• This would be my first time posting here on .net, but I've read nearly every post since I found it. I was reading. Net before 2005. I have enjoyed reading the game day forum and many times when I worked night shifts it was my only insight until I got home to watch the game. I have many things I would love to share but tonight mostly just that I agree 100% wit the OP. I know some here will say "don't let the door hit you, or band wagon fan, or just shrug ." But consider that you and myself are being conned.
    I will never stop being a Seahawks fan or loving the team. But I see the game manipulation constantly going on and it's just taking all the enjoyment out. I got to take my two children to their first Seahawks game this year and was so let down by what I saw that I may never go to another game again. I don't know if protesting will make any difference but if you want the players to play, do something! Open your eyes, it's not the team they are fleecing, it's you the fan that pays. I'll try to man up and post here more, but I don't care for the personal attacks and such that I see more and.more of lately. I booed at a Seahawks game and I'm going to do the same by not buying any more. Posted on my phone, sorry for big wall text.
    Woblyhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    “Steering” of games is a very real thing, and the NFL proves me right on that point every week. Just watch most of the games around the league, and see it with your eyes.

Sooooook ridiculous. All it would take is one person to break the silence and the league becomes the WWE or XFL. And you probably believe in these guys :greetingsearthling:
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

• Welcome back to the thread OP
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• HawkerD wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Sooooook ridiculous. All it would take is one person to break the silence and the league becomes the WWE or XFL. And you probably believe in these guys :greetingsearthling:

I'm pretty sure they kill all the witnesses so no chance of that. :D
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Just wondering why you think when Pete was asked tonight what he thought about the no call on that 4th down near the end of the game, he responded that he couldn't talk about officiating? or something like that? Its fixed, Rigged , Steered, cheated, what ever word you want to use to describe it.

Pete knows whats going on and so do the players, but they don't want to lose their jobs. That doesn't mean that they don't want to win though. I know Pete hates it and if you are at the games and see how he reacts to the calls Verses what they show you on TV you will figure it out quick. These guys are not breaking laws by doing this because the ticket says " for entertainment purposes only on the back". Don't put down your own teams fans for caring about the Sea hawks, that would be wrong ha ha.
    Woblyhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• 907Hawk wrote:I do not agree, teams play, one team wins and the fans of the losing team always complain about getting screwed by the refs, its the cycle of life.

Clearly you dont watch many Packer games :lol: ESPECIALLY when they play at Lam BLow

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• Woblyhawk wrote:This would be my first time posting here on .net, but I've read nearly every post since I found it. I was reading. Net before 2005. I have enjoyed reading the game day forum and many times when I worked night shifts it was my only insight until I got home to watch the game. I have many things I would love to share but tonight mostly just that I agree 100% wit the OP. I know some here will say "don't let the door hit you, or band wagon fan, or just shrug ." But consider that you and myself are being conned.
    I will never stop being a Seahawks fan or loving the team. But I see the game manipulation constantly going on and it's just taking all the enjoyment out. I got to take my two children to their first Seahawks game this year and was so let down by what I saw that I may never go to another game again. I don't know if protesting will make any difference but if you want the players to play, do something! Open your eyes, it's not the team they are fleecing, it's you the fan that pays. I'll try to man up and post here more, but I don't care for the personal attacks and such that I see more and.more of lately. I booed at a Seahawks game and I'm going to do the same by not buying any more. Posted on my phone, sorry for big wall text.

This is literally why I stopped watching the NBA. After that Blazers/LA meltdown with Shaq I was done....Refs controlled the game for the allstars

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:
    907Hawk wrote:I do not agree, teams play, one team wins and the fans of the losing team always complain about getting screwed by the refs, its the cycle of life.

Clearly you dont watch many Packer games :lol: ESPECIALLY when they play at Lam BLow

Clearly.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

• Jerhawk wrote:Aside from P Rich getting tackled on the 4th down play, the officiating seemed fine to me.

Did I miss something?

Same exact thing I watched. Only badly missed call seen. Was called even if anything it wasn't calls it was refs allowing this game to get out of hand by letting the chippy play slide all game from first whistle.
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

• Woblyhawk wrote:Just wondering why you think when Pete was asked tonight what he thought about the no call on that 4th down near the end of the game, he responded that he couldn't talk about officiating? or something like that? Its fixed, Rigged , Steered, cheated, what ever word you want to use to describe it.

Pete knows whats going on and so do the players, but they don't want to lose their jobs. That doesn't mean that they don't want to win though. I know Pete hates it and if you are at the games and see how he reacts to the calls Verses what they show you on TV you will figure it out quick. These guys are not breaking laws by doing this because the ticket says " for entertainment purposes only on the back". Don't put down your own teams fans for caring about the Sea hawks, that would be wrong ha ha.

I might be totally misinformed but my understanding is if Pete criticizes officials he would still have a job. He may however be subject to a fine.
    It's just a hunch as I dont think any coach has ever criticized refs.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, for those saying there was a league wide conspiracy to steer this game, can you please explain:

(1) The reasons for the hidden agenda to create a less exciting finish to the game in place of a more exciting finish to the game?

(2) The reasons for the hidden agenda to try to prop up a team with literally no national following and not even much support in its sparsely populated home-base? So it's part of a conspiracy to rake in those sweet national advertising dollars by propping up a Blake Bortles led Jaguars team? :lol:

Or maybe the conspiracy is so deep that us mere mortals can't even comprehend it...
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Aside from P Rich getting tackled on the 4th down play, the officiating seemed fine to me.

Did I miss something?

Most of the game????

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HawkerD wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Being contrarian just to be contrarian isn’t cool anymore. The NBA ref scandal was hidden for decades before they got busted.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sorry but the idea that the refs have a motive is ridiculous.

They're just simply ineffective, there's a staggering difference.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Sorry but the idea that the refs have a motive is ridiculous.

They're just simply ineffective, there's a staggering difference.

Totally agree, some are blatantly incompetent, but I doubt they are corrupt.

The way to improve officiating is to allow a ref for each game to sit in New York, view the TV replays, and be allowed to overturn calls that are clearly wrong, or call obvious penalties that the refs happen to miss.

In my view, the goal should be very simple -- to get it right.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

• Tusc2000 wrote:The way to improve officiating is to allow a ref for each game to sit in New York, view the TV replays, and be allowed to overturn calls that are clearly wrong, or call obvious penalties that the refs happen to miss.

Remember though, blown calls getting fixed in New York is supposedly part of the conspiracy too.

The only way to fix the "problem" is to not give fans high-def slow-mo replays from multiple angles unless a call is actually under review. If fans get to watch a play one time in real speed from one angle just like officials do then the problem goes away instantly.

This is, of course, absolutely never gonna happen, so as a result we're stuck with 32 highly-biased and motivated packs of rabid fans using technology to feel intellectually superior to those engaging in the most difficult officiating jobs in professional sports by a very wide margin.

Long story short, people confuse viewership technology getting better with officiating getting worse. You're never gonna get rid of the segment of each fanbase which insists its team is getting screwed over week in and week out (that segment exists for every team in every sport, and always has), but I do think innovations in the broadcasting of games have enlarged the pools in each fanbase of those folks.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• I'm a big fan of "let 'em play". The more you try to inject a ref into the game, the more you will be disappointed at how inconsistent it is.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter

• Popeyejones wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, for those saying there was a league wide conspiracy to steer this game, can you please explain:

(1) The reasons for the hidden agenda to create a less exciting finish to the game in place of a more exciting finish to the game?

(2) The reasons for the hidden agenda to try to prop up a team with literally no national following and not even much support in its sparsely populated home-base? So it's part of a conspiracy to rake in those sweet national advertising dollars by propping up a Blake Bortles led Jaguars team? :lol:

Or maybe the conspiracy is so deep that us mere mortals can't even comprehend it...

It's all a strategy to keep you glued to the tv. Ride the high emotions of fanbases all the way to the bank. Give them a bad game to create the illusion that it's them vs the refs, then sprinkle in some good officiated games for balance. Don't need to involve everyone, just a few dirty officials and maybe even coaches.

Could be one giant WWE show. Right now Seattle is the "heel" or the bad guys. Notice all season they get hosed by the refs until... Primetime. Now everyone watches and, if anything, we have another narrative forcefed about the lateral and Seattle getting help.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

• cymatica wrote:It's all a strategy to keep you glued to the tv. Ride the high emotions of fanbases all the way to the bank. Give them a bad game to create the illusion that it's them vs the refs, then sprinkle in some good officiated games for balance. Don't need to involve everyone, just a few dirty officials and maybe even coaches.

Oh, okay, so they're deliberately trying to avoid exciting finishes to games because that's what fans want in the long run.

And coaches are in on it too.

Good to know. :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• And of course Popeyes in here to play the “nfl and officiating are just fine, nothings going on” card when once again there’s MORE than enough evidence on our board alone. I’m sure there are plenty other boards as well that have at a minimum claims that the NFL is definitely steering and controlling games and yes Popeye we are aware “every fan base feels every ref is out to get their team” but as many others have stated its get more and More obvious, and once again these refs swallowed the flags in key situations, and to “perceive” like it’s been kept even I’m amused that a good chunk of Jags penalties came during KRs/PRs where the ref extended the field which gives jags the chance the chew up the clock more, harder to spot the more ticky tacky fouls, as well as it wears the opposing defense.

So yes games need to be kept close to keep interest and ratings from dipping more than what they already have. That Non Call is just another peice of evidence, just like Lockett’s Facemask that the ref stared blatantly last week or the week before.

The NFL for all financial purposes is Sports ENTERTAINMENT = WWE, just like the NFL wanting to hire full time officials. But of course there will be sheep who will believe that these officials have “no agenda”. Last night looked even and on paper may have seemed “even” but I call bullshit. It was far from it, we know it, coaches know it, and our players know it.

/Sarcasm because I can really just laugh at the games now
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• Last week, we got PI and Def holding on about 3 or 4 consecutive plays. Don't remember a lot of grief over that. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• LOL, the refs equally suck for all teams. Sometimes they just make or miss bad calls when the games on the line. This is nothing new, it's happened since the NFL began. I do believe, though, that the players have gotten much faster as some of the refs have gotten older and that has affected the calls.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

• Exittium wrote:I’m amused that a good chunk of Jags penalties came during KRs/PRs where the ref extended the field which gives jags the chance the chew up the clock more, harder to spot the more ticky tacky fouls, as well as it wears the opposing defense[

Oh, so the refs we're flagging the Jags on long returns and making it harder for them to score by bringing the ball way back as a nefarious way to tire out the Seahawk's defense.

Man, this conspiracy runs deep.

Seriously, this whole time I thought scoring was the best way to try to win, but apparently not scoring is the best strategy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    The only way to fix the "problem" is to not give fans high-def slow-mo replays from multiple angles unless a call is actually under review. If fans get to watch a play one time in real speed from one angle just like officials do then the problem goes away instantly.

I think they should just allow all fans to vote on twitter with a # on whether or not a call is right. Give fans 2 minutes to tweet, tally the votes and the winner gets the call. Or as a money maker, they could set up a toll call line for fans to vote. Best of both worlds that way

I can't see any way this could go wrong

:sarcasm_off:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:I think they should just allow all fans to vote on twitter with a # on whether or not a call is right. Give fans 2 minutes to tweet, tally the votes and the winner gets the call. Or as a money maker, they could set up a toll call line for fans to vote. Best of both worlds that way

I can't see any way this could go wrong

:sarcasm_off:

Even better is fans get to buy bonus packs to try to change calls, and we all get to put our fandom where our wallets are through loot boxes.

Like other free products, I just thinking watching football would be a lot more enjoyable if it came with a ton of microtransactions. :lol:

EDIT: Very off-topic, but anyone remember that product in the late 90s or early 2Ks where you could bet on the next play and stuff like that? It was like a remote that you would use and you would ostensibly compete with friends while watching Jeopardy or a game or something? I can't remember the name of it and it disappeared really quickly, but woah was that before its time.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• The hard part about the Richardson play is the previous 99 times that happens it gets called and they decide to not call it on a crucial down and play for a team? That doesn't get missed in a middle school game. The DB was smart and tried to get the call so it wouldn't lead to a TD and they still don't call it. That's embarrassing for the league.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• Amidst the snarky responses from hawk and niner fan alike regarding the foolishness of these types of things EVER being some sort of consipiracy, I would still like a reasonable explanation for why the Richardson play wasn't called.

A peewee referee sees that play. There is NO WAY that was incompetence. None. That was a CHOICE not to throw the flag, pure and simple.

So why?
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• The annoying thing will be the media reaction. This will get swept under the rug, while every time the Seahawks benefit from a bad call will get national attention. It's so tiring.
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran

• Vpk0718 wrote:The annoying thing will be the media reaction. This will get swept under the rug, while every time the Seahawks benefit from a bad call will get national attention. It's so tiring.

You mean like the big deal that was made of the Sherman play on Jones a few years ago that was national news for a month and a half?
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

• SpokaneHawks wrote:LOL, the refs equally suck for all teams. Sometimes they just make or miss bad calls when the games on the line. This is nothing new, it's happened since the NFL began. I do believe, though, that the players have gotten much faster as some of the refs have gotten older and that has affected the calls.

Agreed. I don't think calls have gotten worse, it's just replays have gotten better and better. There are now countless camera angles, ultra slow-motion replays, and a host of other enhancements. It's easier than ever to know what the "right" call was with the benefit of hindsight, but the refs are still working with the same real-time quick-judgement assessments.

Also, regarding the possibility of a conspiracy: I don't believe a conspiracy exists. I can at least entertain the idea though -- I mean, there is so much money at play, surely it could be possible. Okay, sure...

Here's where I can't get on board though: if a conspiracy exists, we have to accept the possibility that we have been the beneficiary of hidden agendas. Notice how when fan bases bring up league conspiracies, they never, ever entertain the idea that the conspiracy aids their team -- they are always victims. Always. It's unthinkable that the Hawks have ever benefited from an agenda, but it's clear-as-day that many of our losses are the direct result of an agenda. Funny how that works, huh?
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

• Restored?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• cymatica wrote:It's all a strategy to keep you glued to the tv. Ride the high emotions of fanbases all the way to the bank. Give them a bad game to create the illusion that it's them vs the refs, then sprinkle in some good officiated games for balance. Don't need to involve everyone, just a few dirty officials and maybe even coaches.

Could be one giant WWE show. Right now Seattle is the "heel" or the bad guys. Notice all season they get hosed by the refs until... Primetime. Now everyone watches and, if anything, we have another narrative forcefed about the lateral and Seattle getting help.

yeah, versus philly i thought we got a 'good deal' in the officiating. it looked like we had turned the corner, that word had come down from the league office, something like, 'go easy on the seahawks now, cuz russell sells more jerseys than anyone'...

going into jax, i thought we were going to get some really good treatment from the refs. as it turned out, it was at least a little bit against the seahawks...
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• Allow coaches challenges to no calls or penalties in the final 5 min.if wrong costs time out.
    " I don't come to bow, I come to conquer." Bob Marley
    HommyHawk
    NET Starter

• Popeyejones wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

As is at the heart of anything in the Good Ole USA that smacks of greed and power,, follow the money, It will always reveal the truth of matters at the end of the day.

The fact that the NFL includes wording in their contracts, that expressly forbid anyone employed by them, to relay in any manner, spoken or written, that would put into question, or provide any real or imagined evidence, information that might incriminate them.

As has been the case in every professional sport, sooner or later the intimidation fails somewhere in the rank and file, and someone finds the courage, or becomes fearful of being used as a scapegoat, when the headhunters start closing in, and bring the whole house of cards tumbling down.

I only hope that when it does happen, and I have no doubt that it will, that it doesn't destroy the sport of NFL Football completely and forever.

When it does happen I hope the public will try and remember the players and coaches, didn't want their sport to be muddied up like it is. I believe that they love this sport as much or more than we do, and would love to see it cleaned up. I know I'm being naive to think that the NFL could see the writing on the wall and clean the sport up now while there is still time to save it.

Will they of their own accord? Probably not, but there is still plenty of money to go around and to be made honestly. Not as much as they have become accustomed to taking in, but the sport will survive, thrive and grow ongoing.

Go Seahawks !
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• pacific101 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

As is at the heart of anything in the Good Ole USA that smacks of greed and power,, follow the money, It will always reveal the truth of matters at the end of the day.

The fact that the NFL includes wording in their contracts, that expressly forbid anyone employed by them, to relay in any manner, spoken or written, that would put into question, or provide any real or imagined evidence, information that might incriminate them.

As has been the case in every professional sport, sooner or later the intimidation fails somewhere in the rank and file, and someone finds the courage, or becomes fearful of being used as a scapegoat, when the headhunters start closing in, and bring the whole house of cards tumbling down.

I only hope that when it does happen, and I have no doubt that it will, that it doesn't destroy the sport of NFL Football completely and forever.

When it does happen I hope the public will try and remember the players and coaches, didn't want their sport to be muddied up like it is. I believe that they love this sport as much or more than we do, and would love to see it cleaned up. I know I'm being naive to think that the NFL could see the writing on the wall and clean the sport up now while there is still time to save it.

Will they of their own accord? Probably not, but there is still plenty of money to go around and to be made honestly. Not as much as they have become accustomed to taking in, but the sport will survive, thrive and grow ongoing.

Go Seahawks !

I am having a hard time understanding this Illuminati style conspiracy stuff, why would anyone who really believes this continue to watch NFL football and spend time posting on this board. I may be totally wrong I just don't see any upside for the NFL. Now individual referees or players shaving points or throwing games, would sound more plausible.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

• Let's be honest, the refs were brutal for BOTH teams. The Hawks got shafted on some stuff, sure, especially on the final play when Richardson gets pulled to the ground. However, the Hawks also got away with a lot of stuff. One play, Earl hits the guy 5 yards out of bounds, no call. Another, Idiot Ifedi drills a guy in the back way after the play, no call.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Thanks again Pacific101 for being dead on in my opinion.

I also wanted to say that when you are a ref and at the end of a game you see what happened to P-rich and you keep your flag in your belt. There is no doubt that that you are steering the game. It doesn't make any difference if you called 5 penalties on one team earlier in the game or not. That is blatant and I think the players are watching the NFL strip them of hope. If you are on that sideline and watching that it feels like someone just took your lunch money while someone else held you down and kicked you in the nuts.

We can argue all day about conspiracy or why they would do it, but it doesn't change the fact that the game was manipulated. That ref for what ever reason chose not to call that and the league with headsets on chose not to encourage him to make that call. When you cheat a team full of testosterone laden young men who are aggressive athletes after they battled for the entire game. They are going to respond with aggression if they have any heart at all. I'm not excusing the behavior but hoping you can look at what happened and see that the frustration of the team is a tell for how bad they are being jobbed. This is not only for Seattle but any team I watch BTW.

Keep in mind it does not matter if officiating is fair or balanced. It only matters if its correct. The league benefits by keeping games close to drive up viewership for commercials, and for selling gear in markets that are not saturated. I DO NOT watch football to see the league win, I want a competition between athleats on the field, win or lose. NOT some monkey show for the soul purpose of selling gear and seats.
    Seattle was this Market a few years ago and its the Rams this year and many others. You wait! as soon as there are empty seats at sea hawks games, like magic the refs will be quiet again. If you want to predict who will be the darlings listen to the pregame shows, and the draft commentators.

The announcers know who is on the rise all year with the leagues help and do their best to cover by constantly spewing distraction during the game. I watch many games online after the TV versions air and you can see some teams really getting help at key moments all throughout the year. I am not even worried about being made fun of for saying this. If you don't think I'm correct then you are naive. This is the world we live in. I'm a fan of the Sea Hawks team and I'm not going to subject myself the " lie" that time and chance are in control.

One more point.
    You see Pete go nuts on the officials , especially when you see it live or not on the cut versions of the games. But as soon as the commercial break is over they push him off the field and the game goes on. It's all about the flow of commercial breaks and money in this regard.
    It took me many years of watching to finally except that this all was true, I resisted the idea and even made fun of my close friends many times for blaming refs. But I see things much more clearly now as a older and less emotionally involved viewer.
    Woblyhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information