Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

It's officially a lost season

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 am
  • I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 4830
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:22 am
  • Well, those two players could still help in the future. It’s not all bad.

    However, It is kind of ironic in a year where we completely sell out the entire draft to win now, and it just crashes with injuries. Awful luck.

    We can still make the playoffs, maybe. I don’t expect to win the SB, but I wouldn’t consider a playoff loss a lost season.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3762
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am
  • Every year we suffer injuries, but I have never seen injuries just cripple the top players on a team like they have for us this year. Just heart breaking.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am
  • Rat wrote:I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.


    Interior lineman don't have to have sacks, they need to provide run stopping and pressure. We will be fine.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1149
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:15 pm
  • Re: It's officially a lost season


    That's The Spirit!
    User avatar
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 224
    Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:53 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 pm
  • Oh, brother. Just abandon ship once the tide gets a bit rough? No! You buckle up and prepare for battle!

    This is far from over.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2100
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Well, those two players could still help in the future. It’s not all bad.

    However, It is kind of ironic in a year where we completely sell out the entire draft to win now, and it just crashes with injuries. Awful luck.

    We can still make the playoffs, maybe. I don’t expect to win the SB, but I wouldn’t consider a playoff loss a lost season.


    First off, we did NOT sell out "the entire draft". That is just being over stated to exaggerate your point.

    Second, we NEED Brown, period.

    Third, watch the oline and running game and tell me again this ever was a championship team. It wasn't going to hold up against the top teams anyway, so all that happened is Pete took an all or nothing approach in 2 signings and it looks to not help much this year.

    If we beat Atlanta on Monday, people will be whistling a different tune here. And yes, that still can happen. We do not drop off near as much as some are making this out to be. Good Dline pressure will make an average backfield look top tier.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3221
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:31 pm
  • We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4621
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:33 pm
  • Eeyore rules around here, or Chicken Little.

    Injuries happen, next man up.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4431
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.


    It only does not bode well if PC refused to uncuff the offense, remember when we run uptempo we avg over 30 points a game so we can do it if PC will let us
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3726
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:39 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.


    Bologna.....
    Attachments
    Passing-2017.jpg
    Passing-2017.jpg (221.12 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3221
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:50 pm
  • Rat wrote:I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.


    Lol
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 585
    Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:50 pm
  • I'm still optimistic about this year. Anyone who still believes Kam and Sherman were in their prime are delusional.

    Sherm was constantly getting beat and has slowed down the last 2 years. I'm shocked teams weren't attacking that side of the field more. Because when they did they were having success. Lane/Maxwell are by no means a replacement skill wise for Sherman past his prime but its not the drop-off everyone is making it out to be.

    Kam has just been bad in pass coverage the past 2.5 years. No other way to put it. His age and past injuries have simply taken its toll. The guy form the divisional round home game against Carolina a few years back is gone. Way gone. We will miss Kam's presence against the run but even that's been really bad this year. With the way the league is today being so "Pass" oriented I welcome having ET and McDougald back there as the two starting safeties. Kam had become a liability against the Pass plain and simple.

    GO HAWKS
    RCATES
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 268
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:06 pm
  • No run game changes everything. Gives the other team the ball more since we can't limit their possessions by milking the clock. It's not rocket science. Unless Cable and the boys figure something out, most likely another Divisional round exit.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2343
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:15 pm
  • This goes back to the whole you can't count on anything in the NFL.

    You can't throw away the first half of football games to "feel a team out"

    You can't throw away the first half of football seasons to "let the guys gel"


    It was a high-risk, high-reward system the team was running and now that philosophy has led them to this point. An NFL stagnant offense that the league has completely figured out and a defense with aging start who are hurt.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1597
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 pm
  • “Officially” ???

    What the Hell does this mean?

    Holy Catfish, Rat.

    I️ get it, none of us like losing the guys that we have lost.
    It’s even hard to be optimistic but who made the decision that it’s “officially” a lost season?

    Yep, we’ve been spoiled the last few years, when you compare them to the previous 30+ but how is this season “officially” lost?
    I️ don’t for one minute think that Our Seahawks are going to fold up shop and stop playing to Win. We’ve got some young & hungry guys chomping at the bit to get “their” chance to prove themselves.
    We may not end up with the season record that we all would like but I️ predict that we still have some exciting and entertaining football ahead of us.

    Recent events like injuries and that stupid loss to the Skins have got me discouraged too but I️ just can’t “roll with” the season being “officially” lost.

    Your post makes Blitzer look like a ray of sunshine.
    :{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 16652
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm
  • Rat wrote:I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.


    This is "Officially" a joke of a thread.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 280
    Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm
    Location: Fairbanks Alaska


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 pm
  • Mistashoesta disagrees with some posters on here
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Edited name calling
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 pm
  • Rat is the chair of the official committee of officialdom.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3833
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 pm
  • Remind me never to go into battle with you Rat.
    Image

    There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 11374
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 pm
  • RCATES wrote:I'm still optimistic about this year. Anyone who still believes Kam and Sherman were in their prime are delusional.

    Sherm was constantly getting beat and has slowed down the last 2 years. I'm shocked teams weren't attacking that side of the field more. Because when they did they were having success. Lane/Maxwell are by no means a replacement skill wise for Sherman past his prime but its not the drop-off everyone is making it out to be.

    Kam has just been bad in pass coverage the past 2.5 years. No other way to put it. His age and past injuries have simply taken its toll. The guy form the divisional round home game against Carolina a few years back is gone. Way gone. We will miss Kam's presence against the run but even that's been really bad this year. With the way the league is today being so "Pass" oriented I welcome having ET and McDougald back there as the two starting safeties. Kam had become a liability against the Pass plain and simple.

    GO HAWKS


    The stuff about Sherm and Kam is flat out untrue. Sherm was playing on a hurt achilles the entire season and was surrendering one of the lowest yards per coverage snap numbers of any corner in the league. The only game he struggled in was vs. Fuller and Hopkins and he still had two picks that game.

    Kam has actually been better in coverage since 2016, as evidenced by the amazing job he did on Gronk in the Pats game. He has also been fantastic against the run. The guy takes on blocks and sheds them like a LB and can still cover.

    Check this article out from his last game played and you can see how much of an impact he had against the run and also in coverage: https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/11/15/1 ... ls-falcons
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 950
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:52 pm
  • We drafted for this - 4 DBs, three in higher rounds (3-4). Kudos to the front office for seeing that the LOB was aging and more susceptible to injury and attrition. Now we see if Shaq, Delano, and Tedric are ready and have something to offer.
    User avatar
    crosfam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 339
    Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:45 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:55 pm
  • Nothing is lost, if we don't adapt yeah we will get buried, this is the type of season that can elevate our Coaching staff to being great or if not we are a gimmick and or predictable, Knox had to concede the year Warner got injured something he hated, put the ball in the QB's hands, no Super Bowl but for that era one of our most successful seasons, much like now we had a vicious defense and a offense centered on the running game. Knox hated having to rely on the passing game as the heart of our offense. We brought in every name RB we could find that had a pen in hand ready to retire, Harris, Bryant, McCutcheon, trying to avoid Krieg being our focal point. Yet he conceded to win finally, pity he could never change in the playoffs and become two dimensional, he may have won a Super Bowl.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Holy Catfish, Rat.

    I️
    I️ )



    Update your iPhone/iPad dude. That way you can type the letter I again.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1597
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:15 pm
  • I still think we have a shot to make it.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6380
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, Washington


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:35 pm
  • I think some people around here would just be happier as Brown's fans.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1394
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 pm
  • Rat wrote:I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.

    We need a wailing room :lol: :lol: :lol:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6309
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm
  • RCATES wrote:I'm still optimistic about this year. Anyone who still believes Kam and Sherman were in their prime are delusional.

    Sherm was constantly getting beat and has slowed down the last 2 years. I'm shocked teams weren't attacking that side of the field more. Because when they did they were having success. Lane/Maxwell are by no means a replacement skill wise for Sherman past his prime but its not the drop-off everyone is making it out to be.

    Kam has just been bad in pass coverage the past 2.5 years. No other way to put it. His age and past injuries have simply taken its toll. The guy form the divisional round home game against Carolina a few years back is gone. Way gone. We will miss Kam's presence against the run but even that's been really bad this year. With the way the league is today being so "Pass" oriented I welcome having ET and McDougald back there as the two starting safeties. Kam had become a liability against the Pass plain and simple.

    GO HAWKS



    So basically you're saying, you know more than the elite Qbs and coaches who continued to not throw Sherman's way? Yes, teams had limited success against him. Even Deion Sanders got beat. No one is infallible. But if you don't think Sherman was a damn good corner you're living in your own world. The numbers for our defense tells the story. Maybe it would take us getting scored on 25 ppg for you to be a bit more grateful.

    Hopefully it doesn't get to that point
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 387
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 pm
  • 907Hawk wrote:
    Rat wrote:I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.


    This is "Officially" a joke of a thread.

    Where is the like button
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2006
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Holy Catfish, Rat.

    I️
    I️ )



    Update your iPhone/iPad dude. That way you can type the letter I again.


    Yeah. What the hell was that all about. Took me three days to figure it out
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12543
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:I still think we have a shot to make it.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


    Hey buddy
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12543
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:20 pm
  • Unbelievable Chicken Little thread. Just unbelievable.
    "God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    User avatar
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1788
    Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm
    Location: On de beach, mon...


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:44 pm
  • Depleted secondary on D, no run game on O. TS is likely right, though nothing is official.

    Also LOL @ everyone itt getting upset over someone giving their opinion on a FORUM.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 991
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 pm
  • If it’s an opinion, why call it “official?”

    He knew what he was going for. He’s getting it.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12543
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:04 am
  • I like the trades we made.

    The problem is, our issues aren't with our roster, but rather with the inability to use the talent we have.

    It has been this way for a while now, but our team was so young and incredibly talented we we're able to hide the gross negligence of our offensive coaching. Injuries happen, to every team every year. You have to account for them with depthl and being able to win all the games you should/can early in the season.

    We have regressed every year since our Superbowl loss. It is because our young hungry players are getting older, and it is exposing what the real issue is and has been. We will continue to get worse until Pete and John actually address the problem.

    I am not a pessimist or a sky is falling type guy, but I am someone who pays attention to details and analyzes cause and effect at a base level. Until we change Bev and cable, we will continue our coast into mediocrity. As out team continues to age, they can no longer mask the coaching ineptitude.

    I'll still watch every game, feel like trash the day after if we lose or ride high after a win. I will still proudly wear my Hawks attire, and will never be a fan of any other team. But I have no problem identifying a serious issue we need to solve. The goal is winning every game and then winning the Superbowl. If your goal for this team is any less than that then you have never played or excelled in competitive sports.

    Let's get this garbage cleaned up Pete and John. Enough is enough, no more excuses. Injuries aren't the exception in this game, they are the norm.
    User avatar
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 899
    Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:26 am
  • One or more potential events have obviously taken place. These seem to be the two most obvious contenders.

    Potential event 1

    The League has shortened the season to Ten Weeks, plus the extra game between Pittsburgh and Tennessee. This gives credence to the suspicion that Pittsburgh get preferential treatment from the League. It does, however present some issues. The playoffs and Super Bowl have been abandoned. Expect lawyers to submit groups of sports writers to bicker endlessly about who was best, on a team-by-team basis. This is generally agreed the best way to settle sports discrepancies. Jerry Jones will sue the end result regardless, claiming they don't have all the facts.

    Potential Event 2

    The League hasn't shortened the season. It was a nasty rumor by those dagger-twisters on ProFootballTalk. However, Paul Allen has folded the team, with the remaining games forfeited. Celebrations to be planned immediately in Santa Clara (who need the single point awarded) and Boston (who seem to have forgotten that celebrating indicates a special occasion, rather than something that will always happen). And Green Bay. Because they seem to get more joy from laughing at other teams than acknowledgement of more immediate concerns. Early front-runners for the newly-available franchise are believed to be St Louis and Oklahoma City.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1115
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 am
  • uncle fester wrote:One or more potential events have obviously taken place. These seem to be the two most obvious contenders.

    Potential event 1

    The League has shortened the season to Ten Weeks, plus the extra game between Pittsburgh and Tennessee. This gives credence to the suspicion that Pittsburgh get preferential treatment from the League. It does, however present some issues. The playoffs and Super Bowl have been abandoned. Expect lawyers to submit groups of sports writers to bicker endlessly about who was best, on a team-by-team basis. This is generally agreed the best way to settle sports discrepancies. Jerry Jones will sue the end result regardless, claiming they don't have all the facts.

    Potential Event 2

    The League hasn't shortened the season. It was a nasty rumor by those dagger-twisters on ProFootballTalk. However, Paul Allen has folded the team, with the remaining games forfeited. Celebrations to be planned immediately in Santa Clara (who need the single point awarded) and Boston (who seem to have forgotten that celebrating indicates a special occasion, rather than something that will always happen). And Green Bay. Because they seem to get more joy from laughing at other teams than acknowledgement of more immediate concerns. Early front-runners for the newly-available franchise are believed to be St Louis and Oklahoma City.


    Ummm Fester....did Pugsly get on your computer again here??

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3221
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:08 am
  • johnnyfever wrote:I like the trades we made.

    The problem is, our issues aren't with our roster, but rather with the inability to use the talent we have.

    It has been this way for a while now, but our team was so young and incredibly talented we we're able to hide the gross negligence of our offensive coaching. Injuries happen, to every team every year. You have to account for them with depthl and being able to win all the games you should/can early in the season.

    We have regressed every year since our Superbowl loss. It is because our young hungry players are getting older, and it is exposing what the real issue is and has been. We will continue to get worse until Pete and John actually address the problem.

    I am not a pessimist or a sky is falling type guy, but I am someone who pays attention to details and analyzes cause and effect at a base level. Until we change Bev and cable, we will continue our coast into mediocrity. As out team continues to age, they can no longer mask the coaching ineptitude.

    I'll still watch every game, feel like trash the day after if we lose or ride high after a win. I will still proudly wear my Hawks attire, and will never be a fan of any other team. But I have no problem identifying a serious issue we need to solve. The goal is winning every game and then winning the Superbowl. If your goal for this team is any less than that then you have never played or excelled in competitive sports.

    Let's get this garbage cleaned up Pete and John. Enough is enough, no more excuses. Injuries aren't the exception in this game, they are the norm.


    "Official" thread winner.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1134
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am
  • This goes to show you unless you're the Patriots, your time at the top in the NFL may be short lived.

    So when you are at the top, you maximize every opportunity to win as much as you can.

    Pete Carroll, is now seeing what happens when you try and resign "every one." They get older, injuries mount, they get less hungry, and stop playing as well.

    Got to continually stay young in order to win in this league.
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

    Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    User avatar
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 447
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:I like the trades we made.

    The problem is, our issues aren't with our roster, but rather with the inability to use the talent we have.

    It has been this way for a while now, but our team was so young and incredibly talented we we're able to hide the gross negligence of our offensive coaching. Injuries happen, to every team every year. You have to account for them with depthl and being able to win all the games you should/can early in the season.

    We have regressed every year since our Superbowl loss. It is because our young hungry players are getting older, and it is exposing what the real issue is and has been. We will continue to get worse until Pete and John actually address the problem.

    I am not a pessimist or a sky is falling type guy, but I am someone who pays attention to details and analyzes cause and effect at a base level. Until we change Bev and cable, we will continue our coast into mediocrity. As out team continues to age, they can no longer mask the coaching ineptitude.

    I'll still watch every game, feel like trash the day after if we lose or ride high after a win. I will still proudly wear my Hawks attire, and will never be a fan of any other team. But I have no problem identifying a serious issue we need to solve. The goal is winning every game and then winning the Superbowl. If your goal for this team is any less than that then you have never played or excelled in competitive sports.

    Let's get this garbage cleaned up Pete and John. Enough is enough, no more excuses. Injuries aren't the exception in this game, they are the norm.


    "Official" thread winner.


    Yep. This man speaks the truth.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 348
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:36 am
  • I don't think the season is lost at all. The issue is not with the personnel, the front office has done pretty well with that. Even with injuries, "next man up", is a reality here. The issue is with offensive coaching.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    :: Theodore Roosevelt
    User avatar
    daketah
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 779
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:52 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 am
  • johnnyfever wrote:I like the trades we made.

    The problem is, our issues aren't with our roster, but rather with the inability to use the talent we have.

    It has been this way for a while now, but our team was so young and incredibly talented we we're able to hide the gross negligence of our offensive coaching. Injuries happen, to every team every year. You have to account for them with depthl and being able to win all the games you should/can early in the season.

    We have regressed every year since our Superbowl loss. It is because our young hungry players are getting older, and it is exposing what the real issue is and has been. We will continue to get worse until Pete and John actually address the problem.

    I am not a pessimist or a sky is falling type guy, but I am someone who pays attention to details and analyzes cause and effect at a base level. Until we change Bev and cable, we will continue our coast into mediocrity. As out team continues to age, they can no longer mask the coaching ineptitude.

    I'll still watch every game, feel like trash the day after if we lose or ride high after a win. I will still proudly wear my Hawks attire, and will never be a fan of any other team. But I have no problem identifying a serious issue we need to solve. The goal is winning every game and then winning the Superbowl. If your goal for this team is any less than that then you have never played or excelled in competitive sports.

    Let's get this garbage cleaned up Pete and John. Enough is enough, no more excuses. Injuries aren't the exception in this game, they are the norm.


    I will be using this line sir, in my everyday life, unless it is licensed. :D
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3733
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.


    Bologna.....

    What's bologna is thinking yards per game is a worthwhile statistic to judge an offense by. Example: Look at how many more points per game the Saints have over us, while having considerably fewer yards per game.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31090
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    uncle fester wrote:One or more potential events have obviously taken place. These seem to be the two most obvious contenders.

    Potential event 1

    The League has shortened the season to Ten Weeks, plus the extra game between Pittsburgh and Tennessee. This gives credence to the suspicion that Pittsburgh get preferential treatment from the League. It does, however present some issues. The playoffs and Super Bowl have been abandoned. Expect lawyers to submit groups of sports writers to bicker endlessly about who was best, on a team-by-team basis. This is generally agreed the best way to settle sports discrepancies. Jerry Jones will sue the end result regardless, claiming they don't have all the facts.

    Potential Event 2

    The League hasn't shortened the season. It was a nasty rumor by those dagger-twisters on ProFootballTalk. However, Paul Allen has folded the team, with the remaining games forfeited. Celebrations to be planned immediately in Santa Clara (who need the single point awarded) and Boston (who seem to have forgotten that celebrating indicates a special occasion, rather than something that will always happen). And Green Bay. Because they seem to get more joy from laughing at other teams than acknowledgement of more immediate concerns. Early front-runners for the newly-available franchise are believed to be St Louis and Oklahoma City.


    Ummm Fester....did Pugsly get on your computer again here??

    Image


    Forgive me. Based on the Original Post, I thought this was the alternate realities thread, so I thought I'd suggest some possibilities to go with the facts as presented in the title.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1115
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:34 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:This goes to show you unless you're the Patriots, your time at the top in the NFL may be short lived.

    So when you are at the top, you maximize every opportunity to win as much as you can.

    Pete Carroll, is now seeing what happens when you try and resign "every one." They get older, injuries mount, they get less hungry, and stop playing as well.

    Got to continually stay young in order to win in this league.



    This! And this is also why the Pats only keep Brady and Gronk year after year.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1401
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.


    Bologna.....

    What's bologna is thinking yards per game is a worthwhile statistic to judge an offense by. Example: Look at how many more points per game the Saints have over us, while having considerably fewer yards per game.


    Ya, it is one of many and yes it's not as telling as scoring or YPA but point is, we are not as bad as some believe. No I'm not saying we are 2nd best passing offense, I'm saying there is production, and with some effort and head pulling out of blind spots, we could be.
    Also, Aint's have a running game, we don't.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3221
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:44 pm
  • Dumb post, season isn't over until the Seahawks lose in the playoffs.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4027
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 pm
  • Depends on what you define as success. If you think the Seahawks have the talent to win the SB, then yes, this season feels lost.

    If instead you are happy with making the playoffs and likely getting bounced early, than it is far from over.
    F-16 Viper Driver
    User avatar
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5076
    Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.


    Bologna.....

    What's bologna is thinking yards per game is a worthwhile statistic to judge an offense by. Example: Look at how many more points per game the Saints have over us, while having considerably fewer yards per game.


    Ya, it is one of many and yes it's not as telling as scoring or YPA but point is, we are not as bad as some believe. No I'm not saying we are 2nd best passing offense, I'm saying there is production, and with some effort and head pulling out of blind spots, we could be.
    Also, Aint's have a running game, we don't.


    We are # 9 bu total yards per game
    11th in points per game
    #3 in passing yards per game
    #3 in passing tds per game
    #8 in passing yards per attempts

    So we can win a shoot out and have this year already. If our coaches allow us to that is.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3726
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: It's officially a lost season
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm
  • User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1170
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Next


It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online