*Confirmed* Kam to be put on IR

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":ccq7tlux said:
kidhawk":ccq7tlux said:
Bigpumpkin":ccq7tlux said:
Why is it that some players go to one physician after another to get a "definitive" diagnosis regarding a condition. Seems to me that they are looking for a reason to sit out a game or so. A "stinger" is one of those diagnoses.

Often players don't go to different doctors to seek different diagnosis they are many times seeking different treatment options. Stingers can be quite serious problems, so I don't blame him if that's what he is doing....as far as I know though, Pete's just said that he's still getting tests and seeing doctors.

One can look up on the internet the treatment options for "stingers". One can "shop" their MRI's to different M.D.'s to get the opinion they are looking for. Would Kam do this.....you bet!

It's your assumption of his reasons for doing so that are the actual issue, not that he'd get multiple opinions. Assuming Kam is looking for a way to miss games is an insult to a man who puts his body on the line week in and week out for this team.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So is he done? I keep looking at this for an update. Guess it was just another internet blogger looking to get a few clicks for a few more bucks...Not revisiting this until I see it from the team.

I also have a source close to the team that says Big Ben wants to retire a Seahawk and Wilson could be shipped to the Steelers in the off season...see how easy that was.

Seymour

Reaction score
My sources tell me that Kam fell off the meat wagon on the way to the locker room, and they ran over his leg. Kam broke the meat wagon but his leg is fine. Should I start a new thread? :lol: :twisted:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
hate "rumor" postings for people literally just trying to gain some sort of online "fame" but with listening to Pete's usual wording it doesn't sound good at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2017

Reaction score
We really need Earl Thomas to make it through the season unscathed. McDougald is good enough to complement Thomas, assuming he is healthy. The rookie safeties, Hill and Thompson, might need to step up.

And we can still hold out hope that Shead will get healthy enough to return. Shead can play just about any position in the secondary.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Seahawks, unlike last year, are prepared for this loss. With Bradly and Hill I don't think it will be a huge dip in skill as we saw last year

zchurch74

Reaction score
Just announced Kam to IR for the rest of the season. Not good.

edogg23

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3a15ptk2 said:
Kam done for the season probably his last game as a Hawk as well.
His contract was up at the end of the year but they extended it in the preseason, so not sure how this would be possible unless he retires.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
What this all means is that Schneider NEEDS to start hitting on his draft picks. Sherm, Kam, and possibly Earl is too much to replace all in one sitting.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2urj9dow said:
I'll go with a wait and see on this one. McDougald filled in great for ET, but that's also not who calls out adjustments and who syncs the DBs with the front seven. Kam does all that so this would be a huge test in keeping everyone on the same page in our zones. Might be inclined to think we'll see more cover 1, 2 deep man, and 2 man press. I'd almost prefer the latter even though it's more conservative. Cover 1 isn't very forgiving no matter who the FS is. Hopefully we only sprinkle that in like we have in the past. I bet we just stick with out base cover 3 though, for the most part. Pete basically said as much.

This is the most concerning. Think we have the talent in the defensive backfield to still be good, but communication has been a major issue when Kam is not on the field.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Too many injuries to key players to really over come . We are about to see what this teams depth is made off

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16fptuha said:
MontanaHawk05":16fptuha said:
And I never really addressed the injury prone thing. That seems more and more the case, obviously.

This is a question I posed before the season started when a lot of people thought our defense with Richardson would vault our D back to their dominant days of 2012-2013........................has there ever been a great OLD defense?

Pete and John have kept this core group on defense together, with many of the core good to great, but on the decline. Is that smart? Idk, but it's a good philosophical football question.

Can this team with 60-70% of it's cap dedicated on the defensive side compete for SB's anymore with an old defense?
Gotta rebuild.