Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Don't Count The Seahawks Out!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:54 am
  • The negativity in here these days is stifling. Worse than usual and boy oh boy is that saying something. Look, I get it. Injuries have now made these final games more challenging then they should be. I also don't have a problem with constructive criticism or less-than-rosy predictions if you can back it up with unemotional POVs without hyperbole.

    What's bugging me is the cynicism. Example: "Sherman is out! THE SEASON IS OVER!! WE ARE DOOMED!!"

    I get it. We are fans and often we wear or emotions on our sleeves. It's part of the deal. But where does it state that fans need to lose touch with reality? In my prediction thread I made it clear that this game against the Falcons is a coin flip. I fully get either team could walk away with a W. That's not the point. The point is, this general consensus that suddenly the Falcons are the best team in the NFL and the Seahawks have no shot.

    Say wha?

    Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game. This is a NATIONALLY TELEVISED HOME game. Is Russell Wilson still our quarterback? Is Lockett, Baldwin, P-Rich injured and not playing? What about Wagner? I hear ET is available. Is our CB depth not the most impressive in the league? Look, nobody is saying this or these last games is going to be easy. I am not trying to ignore obvious deficiencies but this whole tail between our legs attitude is for losers and I am DAMN sure this team, the remaining players that are healthy enough to play, are anything but.

    ONWARD!
    Image

    There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 11337
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:12 am
  • Fallin' in line here, Boss.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3913
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 am
  • Well said!
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16874
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 am
  • We weren't playing great before all the injuries - that is why lots are skeptical.
    If Pete just says srew it and lets the offense go I think we can beat anyone.
    User avatar
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1464
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:31 am
  • Aros I totally agree!

    It seems for a few here the sky is always falling or about to fall. For sure there are more than a few concerns about the O and most specifically the running game. The worries about the injuries will be answered on Monday. The injuries have a slight dampening affect upon enthusiasm. That said this is still a strong team that plays tough at home and RW is raising his game this season.

    This team certainly is not buying the "We're doomed" messages that some here are repeatedly spouting.

    Clearly this game is an important conference matchup, it is in our house against a team our boys have a grudge to even up with then.

    I believe!

    ONWARD!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4419
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 am
  • My cynicism has ZERO to do with injuries. This offense is atrocious and the playcalling is lost. Not scoring TDs for quarters, halves and three quarters of games is unsustainable and will be the undoing of this team.
    F-16 Viper Driver
    User avatar
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5077
    Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:My cynicism has ZERO to do with injuries. This offense is atrocious and the playcalling is lost. Not scoring TDs for quarters, halves and three quarters of games is unsustainable and will be the undoing of this team.


    Yeah Sherman going down sucks, but it happens, and it wouldn't bother me if I thought for a second that the offense could pick up the slack.

    My pessimism comes from the staggering underperformace of a loaded roster. Most teams would gladly trade for Russ, Baldwin, and Graham, even with sub-par protection. But our coaches just can't make it work. It's like watching a kid try to drive a Lamborghini. Feel how you cringe at that image? That's how I feel watching this team.
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2309
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 am
  • Of course it's not over, but I've watched the Hawks from day one...........and I know when I see a Championship caliber team. I don't see a Championship caliber team right now.

    Even before the injuries, everything's too hard, too many mistakes, too many penalties, etc.

    Did you watch the Steelers game last night? That's a dynamic team that's making things look easy because all three phases are rolling and on the same page. Same with NE, same with the Eagles.

    I don't see that with the Hawks right now. Again, doesn't mean we can't put it together. But as of now? Nope, I see a team with no identity making even getting first downs as difficult as possible.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am
  • I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 22013
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:My cynicism has ZERO to do with injuries. This offense is atrocious and the playcalling is lost. Not scoring TDs for quarters, halves and three quarters of games is unsustainable and will be the undoing of this team.


    I do agree with this. Our offence continually puts the defence in a position where they are on the field a lot more and in some aspects have to try and win the game. Sherman is a big loss but the defence can overcome it imo. If the offence never figures it out this team is going nowhere...don't blame injuries. I am hopeful Mike Davis will help because he should of been the number 2 out of preseason anyway. Rawls, Procise and Lacy in hindsight were wasted roster spots.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4971
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 am
  • kidhawk wrote:I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.



    It's expectations with me, so I find myself enjoying this year's games less than I have in the past, even with bad Hawk teams.

    So I need to lower my expectations, because I'm having a hard time this year. Super frustrating watching a team with this much talent continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes and make everything so hard on themselves.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.



    It's expectations with me, so I find myself enjoying this year's games less than I have in the past, even with bad Hawk teams.

    So I need to lower my expectations, because I'm having a hard time this year. Super frustrating watching a team with this much talent continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes and make everything so hard on themselves.


    are you referring to the offence only? I think defensively they have done their job for the most part.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4971
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:50 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.



    It's expectations with me, so I find myself enjoying this year's games less than I have in the past, even with bad Hawk teams.

    So I need to lower my expectations, because I'm having a hard time this year. Super frustrating watching a team with this much talent continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes and make everything so hard on themselves.


    are you referring to the offence only? I think defensively they have done their job for the most part.


    Definitely more on the offense, and now special teams. We can't field a punt or kickoff without having a block in the back or holding penalty. I'm to the point of just telling Locket to fair catch everything.

    Special teams has been atrocious this year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.



    It's expectations with me, so I find myself enjoying this year's games less than I have in the past, even with bad Hawk teams.

    So I need to lower my expectations, because I'm having a hard time this year. Super frustrating watching a team with this much talent continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes and make everything so hard on themselves.


    I can understand that. I let myself feel that frustration during the games, and even for a bit after the games, but I use the next game to move on and regain hope for a win this week. I used to worry about how every move would end with us not winning a super bowl, and maybe it helps that we've won one, but now I have realized that 31 teams don't win the Super bowl every year. The odds are against even the best teams in that regard, so I'll take the wins I can get and enjoy them as much as I can. Conversely, I tend to get past the losses faster than I used to. There are still the odd games such as this past Thursday where they are so injury riddled, it's hard to move past it, but if we can pull out a win on Monday, I think that will do the trick.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 22013
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.



    It's expectations with me, so I find myself enjoying this year's games less than I have in the past, even with bad Hawk teams.

    So I need to lower my expectations, because I'm having a hard time this year. Super frustrating watching a team with this much talent continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes and make everything so hard on themselves.


    I can understand that. I let myself feel that frustration during the games, and even for a bit after the games, but I use the next game to move on and regain hope for a win this week. I used to worry about how every move would end with us not winning a super bowl, and maybe it helps that we've won one, but now I have realized that 31 teams don't win the Super bowl every year. The odds are against even the best teams in that regard, so I'll take the wins I can get and enjoy them as much as I can. Conversely, I tend to get past the losses faster than I used to. There are still the odd games such as this past Thursday where they are so injury riddled, it's hard to move past it, but if we can pull out a win on Monday, I think that will do the trick.


    For sure winning a SB has helped my nerves. I used to be hot mess after losses, with that impending dread of never winning always being there and wrecking me.

    Now like I said the disappointment is more about my high expectations that this current group can put together one more SB run..........so when I see us struggling it bums me out.

    But who knows, maybe Pete can rally the troops and get us rolling. SERENITY NOW!
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am
  • I don't count them out. I lowered my expectations by game 4 after seeing the oline / offense disaster once again. I don't see a championship team, therefore I'm not all that disappointed with the team. I am disappointed with coaching adjustments because we could be much better in several areas. That said, Sherman going down doesn't kill our chances IMO. Vegas shows 20-25% drop in SB odds with his loss, but I think it's a bit less personally. Sherman couldn't stop Julio last year, he sure wasn't going to this year. Our D front is where our hope lies.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3150
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 am
  • My negative post I give in the prediction thread is my form of reverse psychology. We all sincerely want this team to succeed, and I truly BELIEVE in these guys.

    Plus I'll be at the game Monday Night! Woohoo!
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2097
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 am
  • For the record; I really want this team to succeed but the injuries really hurt them and make me scared to watch. I am praying that people step up big time. Thank god we have a winning QB.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4554
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 am
  • Aros wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.


    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 336
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Of course it's not over, but I've watched the Hawks from day one...........and I know when I see a Championship caliber team. I don't see a Championship caliber team right now.

    Even before the injuries, everything's too hard, too many mistakes, too many penalties, etc.

    Did you watch the Steelers game last night? That's a dynamic team that's making things look easy because all three phases are rolling and on the same page. Same with NE, same with the Eagles.

    I don't see that with the Hawks right now. Again, doesn't mean we can't put it together. But as of now? Nope, I see a team with no identity making even getting first downs as difficult as possible.


    The Steelers are an interesting example. I was browsing their subreddit during the game and when they were struggling to put up points, even after a couple of picks in the first half, they were super pissed. Many called for firing their OC Todd Haley. They were pretty mad, especially since they barely beat an awful Colts team just a few days prior. I think they're pretty similar to us, actually. Except for the injuries, I don't think they have any major contributors on IR, but I could be wrong.

    If they found their groove on Thursday, maybe the Hawks can find theirs on Monday? We have to hope.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 884
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Aros wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.


    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.


    Really, one loss and you're dismissing home field advantage? Weird
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2097
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm
  • We will at least win the Super Bowl this year.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6222
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:28 pm
  • I am not giving up on this team, but for me this isn't about the team but the coaches. Even with the injuries, we can win and win out if they open up the offense and play the uptempo for the whole game. If they don't we will struggle. Its pretty simple, but unfortunately the fact we are having got wonder tells you a lot.
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3686
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Aros wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.


    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.


    Really, one loss and you're dismissing home field advantage? Weird


    It was Washington. This isnt the same Seahawks that everybodys used to. Lets see what happens against the Falcons and go from there.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 336
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Aros wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.


    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.


    Really, one loss and you're dismissing home field advantage? Weird


    It was Washington. This isnt the same Seahawks that everybodys used to. Lets see what happens against the Falcons and go from there.


    Agree home field advantage is not what it once was. Barely beat the worst team in the NFL 12-9, loss to the Redskins, give up 38 at home to the Texans, and last 2 years of Cards and Rams (crap version) schooling us at home are all adding up.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3150
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:34 pm
  • I agree 100% Aros. Well said. In reading through this thread, the snarky part of me was reminding of this ... feeling like Aros is like Brother Bluto, trying to fire up the defeated Deltas ...



    It AIN'T Over Until We SAY that it's Over!!!!! ;)
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 2053
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
    Location: Middle of Nowhere, Washington


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:33 pm
  • If you go into a Seahawks game with any expectations other than you are about to witness an ugly football game that you may or may not eek out at the end then you are probably going to be disappointed most weeks.

    Every game I think this is the week we are going to turn it around only to witness the same lack of urgency to start the game EVERY WEEK. I am done being fooled. I will watch the games but I am done drinking the :179422: And this has ZERO to do with injuries and everything to do with the game planning.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 794
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 pm
  • Aros wrote:The negativity in here these days is stifling. Worse than usual and boy oh boy is that saying something. Look, I get it. Injuries have now made these final games more challenging then they should be. I also don't have a problem with constructive criticism or less-than-rosy predictions if you can back it up with unemotional POVs without hyperbole.

    What's bugging me is the cynicism. Example: "Sherman is out! THE SEASON IS OVER!! WE ARE DOOMED!!"

    I get it. We are fans and often we wear or emotions on our sleeves. It's part of the deal. But where does it state that fans need to lose touch with reality? In my prediction thread I made it clear that this game against the Falcons is a coin flip. I fully get either team could walk away with a W. That's not the point. The point is, this general consensus that suddenly the Falcons are the best team in the NFL and the Seahawks have no shot.

    Say wha?

    Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game. This is a NATIONALLY TELEVISED HOME game. Is Russell Wilson still our quarterback? Is Lockett, Baldwin, P-Rich injured and not playing? What about Wagner? I hear ET is available. Is our CB depth not the most impressive in the league? Look, nobody is saying this or these last games is going to be easy. I am not trying to ignore obvious deficiencies but this whole tail between our legs attitude is for losers and I am DAMN sure this team, the remaining players that are healthy enough to play, are anything but.

    ONWARD!


    I like how this condemns hyperboles and then goes on to use many of them.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 4824
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:15 pm
  • Hope for the best, don't be surprised if we do less then that, I have put reasons in several threads, some may call it doom and gloom, I call it weighted reality. That weight can shift if we have a change in philosophy, unexpected growth from players, adjusting things for the current personnel to hide deficiencies and take advantage of strengths.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:16 pm
  • I'm not counting them out ..I remember in 84 when Warner got hurt and many thought it was over.
    We only had the best year ever at that point.
    As for the gloomers and doomers I did let it bother me last year.
    This is a new year so no more and staying away from Gameday Forum helps
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3280
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:38 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Aros wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.


    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.


    Really, one loss and you're dismissing home field advantage? Weird


    It was Washington. This isnt the same Seahawks that everybodys used to. Lets see what happens against the Falcons and go from there.


    Ok but in 2013 we were 21-0 down to the 0-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers at halftime, and lost 10-17 at home to the Cardinals in a game which would have secured homefield advantage through the playoffs.

    What makes those games so much different from this years?
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3284
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:I am not giving up on this team, but for me this isn't about the team but the coaches. Even with the injuries, we can win and win out if they open up the offense and play the uptempo for the whole game. If they don't we will struggle. Its pretty simple, but unfortunately the fact we are having got wonder tells you a lot.



    Well now i am worried as PC has said they are "going to run the heck out of the ball" in other words commit to what has not been working
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3686
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.


    Really, one loss and you're dismissing home field advantage? Weird


    It was Washington. This isnt the same Seahawks that everybodys used to. Lets see what happens against the Falcons and go from there.


    Ok but in 2013 we were 21-0 down to the 0-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers at halftime, and lost 10-17 at home to the Cardinals in a game which would have secured homefield advantage through the playoffs.

    What makes those games so much different from this years?


    Not sure what your asking. I wasn't the one that claimed home field was such a great advantage. I agree with your points as a matter of fact other than the 2013 team was far superior to this years team.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 336
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 pm
  • I have a feeling they're going to open up the offense and tear Atlanta up
    I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
    I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm
    Location: The Burbs in Lacey


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I'm not counting them out ..I remember in 84 when Warner got hurt and many thought it was over.
    We only had the best year ever at that point.
    As for the gloomers and doomers I did let it bother me last year.
    This is a new year so no more and staying away from Gameday Forum helps


    I remember too. We got Franco Harris to fill the void, but he sucked, yet it worked psychologically. Maybe that's the part Maxwell plays now?
    User avatar
    evergreen
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 480
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 pm
  • Aros wrote:What's bugging me is the cynicism. Example: "Sherman is out! THE SEASON IS OVER!! WE ARE DOOMED!!"


    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31048
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm
  • hawxfreak wrote:I have a feeling they're going to open up the offense and tear Atlanta up
    I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
    I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.



    who is Davis?
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3686
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 pm
  • HAWXFREAK has it right. I have been worried about it today but with the help of some Hornitos I am seeing it more clearly,
    this will be our signature breakout game, Lets roll.
    BC HAWK
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 218
    Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:53 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 pm
  • edogg23 wrote:If you go into a Seahawks game with any expectations other than you are about to witness an ugly football game that you may or may not eek out at the end then you are probably going to be disappointed most weeks.

    Every game I think this is the week we are going to turn it around only to witness the same lack of urgency to start the game EVERY WEEK. I am done being fooled. I will watch the games but I am done drinking the :179422: And this has ZERO to do with injuries and everything to do with the game planning.


    But it doesn't have to be this way. And the 8 second scrambles followed by a heave to Baldwin are just not realistically sustainable. I'm anticipating a wild car or second round exit this year...
    F-16 Viper Driver
    User avatar
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5077
    Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 pm
  • Anthony! wrote:
    hawxfreak wrote:I have a feeling they're going to open up the offense and tear Atlanta up
    I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
    I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.



    who is Davis?


    Mike Davis is a running back for the Seattle Seahawks.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 260
    Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm
    Location: Fairbanks Alaska


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 pm
  • This season and this current era comes down to Carroll. Will he or won't he open up the offense for good? Will he finally let Russ pass 50 times a game if need be, go up-tempo, and use common sense as to how to maximize the talents of our skill players? Or will he let his bumbling bafoon sidekick OC keep with his 25 scripted plays of horror?

    Will Carroll finally abandon his antiquated "can't win in the first 3 1/2 quarters of a game" nonsense? How much longer of ball control befuddlement must we endure? When does urgency finally see the light?

    And yet...I honestly believe we win Monday. The common sense usage of Graham last week was the most encouraging aspect of our O in 3 years. But ultimately it's all on Pete now to deliver a masterful turnaround. Will he or will he keep living in 2013?
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1602
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 pm
  • 907Hawk wrote:
    Anthony! wrote:
    hawxfreak wrote:I have a feeling they're going to open up the offense and tear Atlanta up
    I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
    I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.



    who is Davis?


    Mike Davis is a running back for the Seattle Seahawks.


    Thanks for clarifying I guess I should have said which Davis as our Backup QB is also Davis and I thought you were inferring Rw was not playing
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3686
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:This season and this current era comes down to Carroll. Will he or won't he open up the offense for good? Will he finally let Russ pass 50 times a game if need be, go up-tempo, and use common sense as to how to maximize the talents of our skill players? Or will he let his bumbling bafoon sidekick OC keep with his 25 scripted plays of horror?

    Will Carroll finally abandon his antiquated "can't win in the first 3 1/2 quarters of a game" nonsense? How much longer of ball control befuddlement must we endure? When does urgency finally see the light?

    And yet...I honestly believe we win Monday. The common sense usage of Graham last week was the most encouraging aspect of our O in 3 years. But ultimately it's all on Pete now to deliver a masterful turnaround. Will he or will he keep living in 2013?



    Agreed this game will tell a lot as to if we have real shot or not
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3686
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 am
  • Aros, I totally agree. Games are lost at the final whistle not before the first. I would like to see the guys that play to play with a lot of 'Grinta'. (Not easy to translate from Italian to English, but it's a mix of resentment and determination).
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 21
    Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:20 am
    Location: 3 meters below sea level


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 am
  • Anthony! wrote:Agreed this game will tell a lot as to if we have real shot or not


    I agree. I feel this is the definitive game. Honestly, it could go either way, but I just don't have a good feeling about it. Atlanta hasent been all that great this season, but they looked like they might have figured it out last week. Have to wait and see.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 336
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 am
  • Happy Birthday Aros

    Thanks for never counting us out! :irishdrinkers:
    User avatar
    Heyseed
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 490
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Aros wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.


    This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

    As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.


    Do Tell.
    The Seahawks W/L record with HFA in the Pete Carroll era proves you wrong.
    I believe that the Coaching & possibly some players had a W checked off in their minds for that game, and took the Skins for granted, and got themselves embarrassed in front of the Home Crowd for their lack of preparation.....BUT, you and I BOTH know that, that's an anomaly.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6286
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:28 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:Do Tell.
    The Seahawks W/L record with HFA in the Pete Carroll era proves you wrong.

    Our home-field advantage is nothing like it was a few years ago. Take off the rose-colored glasses based on the entire Pete Carroll era and look at what's happening lately.

    Total number of home losses from 2012-2014: two
    Total number of home losses from 2015-current: five, and we still have four home games to go to match the number from 2012-2014.

    I hate it when people ignore the facts. It's like Colin Cowherd so poignantly said recently; nowadays, people don't want confirmation, they want affirmation.

    Per your "do tell" request, I told.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31048
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:42 pm
  • The Seahawks' biggest advantage on MNF: Steve Sarkisian is Atlanta's OC. He could make even Bevell look "good."
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1081
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: Don't Count The Seahawks Out!
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:12 pm
  • Heyseed wrote:Happy Birthday Aros

    Thanks for never counting us out! :irishdrinkers:


    Thanks buddy! :irishdrinkers:
    Image

    There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 11337
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Next


It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information