Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

.NET Preseason Poll: Breakout Player of the Year

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Who will be the Seahawks "Breakout Player of the Year"

OT George Fant
24%
WR Paul Richardson
16%
WR Tyler Lockett
5%
RB C.J. Prosise
25%
DT Jarran Reed
5%
DT Quinton Jefferson
5%
LEO Cassius Marsh
5%
CB Neiko Thorpe
No votes
Other - See comments
13%

Total votes : 55

• Our voyage of polling continues! 2 days until the first game of the new (pre)season!

This one should have some fun answers so lets let it rip.. who do you foresee being the Seahawks breakout player of 2017? I listed who IMO would be the "leading candidates" for this.. and I tried to keep them as players who have been on the roster for at least a season (i.e. didn't list Seahawk FA signings or rookies) but if you want to pound the table for Luke Joeckel, go crazy ;)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Shaq Griffin
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• I'm gonna go crazy and say Carson.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I absolutely think it's going to be George Fant. With all the offseason work he's made (weight room getting stronger, working with Walter Jones, etc.) ... I believe we're going to see a quantum leap from him this year. And the early reports all indicate that as well.

I also look for Quill (pronounced -- KEEL) Griffin and Chris Carson (in particular) to make some noise this year as well. Very excited to see how things shake out this Sunday.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Already on the team, Prosise. :vodka:
    Newbie players, Carson, or Griffin. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm on the Carson and Griffen bandwagon.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• For all you picking rookies, I think they have their own thread. This is intended, I suspect, for veterans who are ready to bust out after having mediocre careers thus far. I went with Procise, which if he can do over 16 games this season what he did in 6 games last season, will be a no brainer.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• I chose Reed, not because I really think he WILL necessarily, but because I'm really hopeful he gives us a stouter D-line that gets into the backfield more.
    NET Veteran

• HawkGA wrote:For all you picking rookies, I think they have their own thread. This is intended, I suspect, for veterans who are ready to bust out after having mediocre careers thus far. I went with Procise, which if he can do over 16 games this season what he did in 6 games last season, will be a no brainer.

Yep. Procise got my vote as well. Really anxious to see if he can hold up over an entire year; if he can, he's going to light it up.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• If we're voting on who we HOPE will have a breakout year, I'll take Fant.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• This is hard. Fant, Prosise, and Reed should be the favorites. Marsh, Ifedi, and Lane could also be in the mix.

I think it would be best for the team if Fant solidifies himself as a legit starter.

I'm going with Reed taking the next step and putting up a 5+ sack season and holding up well in the run game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Shaq Griffin is the real deal.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• DT Quinton Jefferson... I just have a feeling he's going to be disruptive, my Seahawk senses are tingling.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

• Hawkscanner wrote:I absolutely think it's going to be George Fant. With all the offseason work he's made (weight room getting stronger, working with Walter Jones, etc.) ... I believe we're going to see a quantum leap from him this year. And the early reports all indicate that as well.

I also look for Quill (pronounced -- KEEL) Griffin and Chris Carson (in particular) to make some noise this year as well. Very excited to see how things shake out this Sunday.
    Don't get your hopes up. Fant will never breakout. I'll go with P-Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

• dopeboy206 wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:I absolutely think it's going to be George Fant. With all the offseason work he's made (weight room getting stronger, working with Walter Jones, etc.) ... I believe we're going to see a quantum leap from him this year. And the early reports all indicate that as well.

Don't get your hopes up. Fant will never breakout. I'll go with P-Rich.

Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• I like what I am reading/hearing about a lot of players this year but especially Cassius Marsh... so I'm going with him.

Last year he recorded 3.0 sacks. So I'm predicting that he doubles that at a minimum... with maybe 8.0 sacks possible.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information