Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

.NET Preseason Poll: Breakout Player of the Year

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Who will be the Seahawks "Breakout Player of the Year"

OT George Fant
13
24%
WR Paul Richardson
9
16%
WR Tyler Lockett
3
5%
RB C.J. Prosise
14
25%
DT Jarran Reed
3
5%
DT Quinton Jefferson
3
5%
LEO Cassius Marsh
3
5%
CB Neiko Thorpe
0
No votes
Other - See comments
7
13%
 
Total votes : 55

  • Our voyage of polling continues! 2 days until the first game of the new (pre)season!

    This one should have some fun answers so lets let it rip.. who do you foresee being the Seahawks breakout player of 2017? I listed who IMO would be the "leading candidates" for this.. and I tried to keep them as players who have been on the roster for at least a season (i.e. didn't list Seahawk FA signings or rookies) but if you want to pound the table for Luke Joeckel, go crazy ;)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11149
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • Shaq Griffin
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2239
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • I'm gonna go crazy and say Carson.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2125
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • I absolutely think it's going to be George Fant. With all the offseason work he's made (weight room getting stronger, working with Walter Jones, etc.) ... I believe we're going to see a quantum leap from him this year. And the early reports all indicate that as well.

    I also look for Quill (pronounced -- KEEL) Griffin and Chris Carson (in particular) to make some noise this year as well. Very excited to see how things shake out this Sunday.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 2006
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
    Location: Middle of Nowhere, Washington


  • Already on the team, Prosise. :vodka:
    Newbie players, Carson, or Griffin. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6101
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • I'm on the Carson and Griffen bandwagon.
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9583
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm



  • For all you picking rookies, I think they have their own thread. This is intended, I suspect, for veterans who are ready to bust out after having mediocre careers thus far. I went with Procise, which if he can do over 16 games this season what he did in 6 games last season, will be a no brainer.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105019
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • I chose Reed, not because I really think he WILL necessarily, but because I'm really hopeful he gives us a stouter D-line that gets into the backfield more.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1501
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • HawkGA wrote:For all you picking rookies, I think they have their own thread. This is intended, I suspect, for veterans who are ready to bust out after having mediocre careers thus far. I went with Procise, which if he can do over 16 games this season what he did in 6 games last season, will be a no brainer.



    Yep. Procise got my vote as well. Really anxious to see if he can hold up over an entire year; if he can, he's going to light it up.
    User avatar
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3369
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges


  • If we're voting on who we HOPE will have a breakout year, I'll take Fant.
    User avatar
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3369
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges


  • This is hard. Fant, Prosise, and Reed should be the favorites. Marsh, Ifedi, and Lane could also be in the mix.

    I think it would be best for the team if Fant solidifies himself as a legit starter.

    I'm going with Reed taking the next step and putting up a 5+ sack season and holding up well in the run game.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3038
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Shaq Griffin is the real deal.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1927
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • DT Quinton Jefferson... I just have a feeling he's going to be disruptive, my Seahawk senses are tingling.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3787
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


  • Hawkscanner wrote:I absolutely think it's going to be George Fant. With all the offseason work he's made (weight room getting stronger, working with Walter Jones, etc.) ... I believe we're going to see a quantum leap from him this year. And the early reports all indicate that as well.

    I also look for Quill (pronounced -- KEEL) Griffin and Chris Carson (in particular) to make some noise this year as well. Very excited to see how things shake out this Sunday.
    Don't get your hopes up. Fant will never breakout. I'll go with P-Rich.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 966
    Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am


  • dopeboy206 wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:I absolutely think it's going to be George Fant. With all the offseason work he's made (weight room getting stronger, working with Walter Jones, etc.) ... I believe we're going to see a quantum leap from him this year. And the early reports all indicate that as well.

    I also look for Quill (pronounced -- KEEL) Griffin and Chris Carson (in particular) to make some noise this year as well. Very excited to see how things shake out this Sunday.


    Don't get your hopes up. Fant will never breakout. I'll go with P-Rich.


    Image
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 2006
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
    Location: Middle of Nowhere, Washington


  • I like what I am reading/hearing about a lot of players this year but especially Cassius Marsh... so I'm going with him.

    Last year he recorded 3.0 sacks. So I'm predicting that he doubles that at a minimum... with maybe 8.0 sacks possible.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3892
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am




It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information