Who were your week 1 waiver pickups?

kearly

Reaction score
Every league is different, who were the players that you got (or attempted to get) after the first week in fantasy?

Here were mine:

In my 10 man, I managed to pick up Steve Smith as a free agent. Smith had 118 yards and 1 TD in week one, but more importantly, he had 15 targets. So his success wasn't a product of one fluky play, but because he's become a focal point in Baltimore's offense.

I think with the issues Baltimore has at RB, you'll be seeing Flacco continue to throw a ton of passes, and that's going to make Smith a very nice bench option, possibly even a future starter.

I also lucked out and got the Texans D, which had a huge week against RG3. Sure, they lost Clowney for 4-6 weeks, but their defense is still very good without him, and their next opponent is... Oakland.

I gave serious thought about picking up Justin Forsett, but I was already so loaded at RB that I decided it wasn't necessary.

In my 12 man, I lucked out and won the waiver wire battle for Allen Hurns. His debut was kind of fluky (110 yards, 2 TDs on just 4 catches), but he was massively productive at the University of Miami last season and the game highlighted his explosive big play potential (Hurns is 6'3").

A friend of mine is in a separate league, and he said that DeAndre Hopkins went undrafted and unclaimed in that league. In a 12-man. Pretty crazy the kind of stuff you can find on the waiver wire sometimes.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I tried to get Justin Forsett but was outbid for him. I currently have a bid in for Ahmad Bradshaw.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Thought about picking up Bradshaw. He has trouble staying healthy, but I think it's just a matter of time before he becomes their starter. He's pretty under-rated as a RB, and is a very good receiver too.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Picked up Markus Wheaton dropping my late round flyer on Jeremy Hill and traded Ertz for Benjamin.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Picked up Forsett.

Both Steve Smith and Justin Hunter were dropped this week in my league :3: . Problem is I don't know who to drop to pick one up. Chris Ivory is the only guy I'd be semi comfortable dropping but I'm pretty thin at RB. I have RW and Rivers at QB. Thinking about dropping Rivers and re-evaluating my roster after Russell's bye.

EDIT: Right after posting this I decided to do just that. Unfortunately Steve Smith had been picked up. Got Hunter and dropped Rivers. Not too worried. There are quite a few viable QB's available to pick up if I need one on the future (I wasn't going to start Rivers before the bye anyways).

Vetamur

Reaction score
Got Hurns, already had Wheaton. Was outbid for Forsett. Also already had Cards Brown.

On one of my teams Im considering picking up Locker or Palmer.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SeatownJay":p0q36kde said:
I tried to get Justin Forsett but was outbid for him. I currently have a bid in for Ahmad Bradshaw.
The move went through, I dropped Lamar Miller and picked up Bradshaw.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tried to get Forsett, but was too far back on the waiver wire. Had to settle for Houston's D. Also picked up Dwayne Allen to sit behind Pitta.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Eh, that move for Forsett looks like a mistake. Pierce is clearly the lead back there.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I play IDP so my target was Lamur LB Cin, Surprised as I was able to get him since I was last in waivers and Burfict might miss the game Sunday.

I did pickup Carlos Hyde, I hate handcuffs but I don't think he is a hand cuff, he looks more like a committee back too me but I can afford to wait and see.

I didn't think I was going to get Forsett or Pierce anyway and I don't trust Baltimore RB's either, they throw the ball around too much.

I did pick up Latavius Murray today too since the two RB in front of him aren't impressive and have injury history. Thinking about adding Streeter as well, with Carr he could be a solid WR3/4 late in the year.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Hyde looks good. I expected him to be good for SF, but I was hoping to be wrong. No such luck.