I Need Some Constructive Criticism-Fantasy 12 Man League

taylorvon29

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

1st post btw

Recently did my fantasy draft and just wondering if you could offer up some words of wisdom:

QB:

Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers

WR:

AJ Green
Randall Cobb
Torrey Smith
Golden Tate
Kenny Stills

RB:

Rashad Jennings
Joique Bell
CJ Spiller
Shane Vereen
Andre Williams

TE:

Kyle Rudolph

K:

Dan Carpenter

DEF:

Denver

Appreciate any input

:thirishdrinkers:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I like it better if it's a PPR league. What are the settings?

If it's a standard league then I think you'll need to upgrade your RBs. But if it's PPR I think they will work out fine.

I'm assuming you drafted on the elbow anywhere between 10-12, so it amazes me that Cobb fell to you in the third round, assuming you went AJ Green and Peyton as picks 1 and 2. But it makes sense if it's a Yahoo league because Cobb is criminally underrated by Yahoo's rankings.

I think it's a good team, solid at QB, WR, RB (if it's PPR), and I like your DEF. I'm not crazy about Rudolph and I think he's going a couple of rounds earlier than he should, but some people really like him and he may work out with some help from Norv Turner.

kearly

Reaction score
With Manning you shouldn't need Rivers. Congrats on getting Manning.

Tate is currently your #4 WR but he will be starting for you pretty soon. Smith is a good WR but only so-so in fantasy. I like Stills as a player, but he seems like a guy that will be lost in the shuffle in the Saints pass attack this year.

Your RB group is weak, but I like that you picked up some under-rated players like Jennings and Bell. Also, good for you getting Williams as a handcuff.

I just watched a preseason game where Bridgewater threw two TD passes to a backup TE with the same build as Rudolph. I think Rudolph has a really nice chance for 6-10 TDs again this year.

Solid picks at K and D/ST.

I'd give this draft a solid A. In terms of strengths and weaknesses this looks almost exactly like my team last year which finished #1 in points in a very competitive league.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I would try to field some offers with Rivers and one of your WRs to upgrade your RB crew if Vereen and Jennings don't produce. (Which they might. Vereen is someone I really wanted because he gets a lot of play for the Patriots in the pass game.)

OP
OP
T

taylorvon29

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice gentlemen,

No, it is not a PPR league, It was pretty late in the draft when I picked Vereen up. I think he has potential for some big plays as a change of pace, but it may be too inconsistent.

Bell and Jennings were some underrated RBs I felt I could get good value on. I did target Manning and Green first, I feel the NFL's emphasis on defensive holding will be a boon for those types of players, so I targeted them 1st. I do agree however, that I may need a more consistent threat in the running game.

Also, the Phillips trade sounds intriguing. Once again, thanks for the advice!

:thirishdrinkers:

Edit: P.S. BTW, any potential RBs I should target if I need to upgrade my RB group?

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I would trade Manning or Rivers to upgrade your RBs.

I don't think Manning is going to out score the average QB by 8 pts a game this year. I think he is going to fall back to the pack a bit. Your RBs are so thin that you might have some consistency issues week in and out, that only Manning 2013 numbers could make up for. Rivers was the 4th best QB last year, and I see him having another solid top 10 year, so landing a top RB by trading Manning would be my advice. Depending on how the draft went, I would target the owner that picked Newton first, then target whoever has the best RB depth.

If no one bites on Manning, then wait until after week 4 (Denver's bye) to trade Rivers.