TE
    Jimmy Graham

K
    Steven Hauschka

D
    Chiefs
    bill21792
    NET Bench Warmer

• I don't know about ranking them, but if I had my druthers, I'd take Team 3. Luck, Charles, Morris and Dez, that's a nice 60 points a game right there.
    ManBunts
    NET Rookie

• Team 5

Elite WR, Lacy, Gronk and Stafford. Should give them a good shot every week.

Plenty of RB to gamble on or use as trade pieces. Should be able to package some guys together for an upgrade.

Injuries would be a concern for WR/TE, but I'm a huge fan of the 1 QB, TE strategy.
    Timmahawk
    NET Rookie

• I'm a believer that you stick with 1-2 teams every year, even an idiot could start a zillion teams and still win a league or two. But I play for pride more than for fun. Different strokes for different folks.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• 6 and 8 team leagues are...special.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:6 and 8 team leagues are...special.

Yeah, kinda looks that way with him having five or six top 30 ADP guys on every team. Those kind of leagues are good for beginners but not much else.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I don't want to sound mean, but seriously, not one but two teams where you forgot to draft a kicker? When I saw that I honestly thought you were joking / trolling for a minute.

Obviously, you'll have to sign a kicker before the first game which means one extra transaction that will count against you on waiver wire tiebreakers (which are a big deal early in the season). That needless transaction could easily bite you in the ass when a big week 1 performance by some currently unknown NFL player unearth's 2014's version of Julius Thomas, and you no longer have the ability to add him because of the transactions tie breaker.

It's just silly to leave a draft without a starter at every spot so that you don't have to make wasteful moves.

The funny part is, the two best teams are the two teams you forgot to draft a kicker. Also, team five is pretty silly with seven waiver wire caliber backup RBs and zero bench WRs. Your 3 starting WRs are freaking awesome though. 6 man league?
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I think you guys may have misunderstood his post. He posted all of the teams drafted in one of his leagues and he's asking us to decide which we like more. I'm assuming he refrained from mentioning which team is his to keep it unbiased.

These teams are all pretty neck and neck though. Because its 8-man you're all pretty stacked. I love teams 1,3,6 and 7 for their running back depth. Teams 2, 5, and 7 are pretty stacked at WR. There are so many potential breakthrough receivers, the likes of which being Cordarelle Patterson, Brandin Cooks, Justin Hunter, Mike Evans, etc. The other thing that interests me is all of the once top-10 picks at running back that have fallen out of favor, where will they finish the year? I'm thinking guys like Darren McFadden, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, etc. I'm really curious to see how it all pans out.

I also really don't mind the fact that a couple of teams didn't take a kicker. Since your draft is so early, that leaves a lot of opportunity for injuries and other issues to rise up prior to the season actually starting up. Might as well keep an extra running back or wide receiver just in case something comes up. Kickers aren't going anywhere.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

• kearly wrote:I don't want to sound mean, but seriously, not one but two teams where you forgot to draft a kicker? When I saw that I honestly thought you were joking / trolling for a minute.

Obviously, you'll have to sign a kicker before the first game which means one extra transaction that will count against you on waiver wire tiebreakers (which are a big deal early in the season). That needless transaction could easily bite you in the ass when a big week 1 performance by some currently unknown NFL player unearth's 2014's version of Julius Thomas, and you no longer have the ability to add him because of the transactions tie breaker.

It's just silly to leave a draft without a starter at every spot so that you don't have to make wasteful moves.

The funny part is, the two best teams are the two teams you forgot to draft a kicker. Also, team five is pretty silly with seven waiver wire caliber backup RBs and zero bench WRs. Your 3 starting WRs are freaking awesome though. 6 man league?

These aren't all my teams, this is a single 8-person league. In terms of my perspectives, Dietrich pretty much nailed it., I didn't mention my team to keep it as unbiased as possible. It's team 2 btw.

Didn't bother drafting a kicker because...kickers aren't people. I saw everyone but me and another guy draft a kicker and I figured that there probably won't be too big of a difference between the 7th and 8th most sought after one. Waiver wire doesn't matter much when i'm one of the last 2. And for us (at least I'm pretty sure) waiver wire is only for drops, has no effect on free agents like Julius Thomas last year.

Just planning to put Josh Gordon on the IR/suspended spot once the NFL finally decides to officially suspend his ass.

Seeing how the Redskins first team offense hasn't scored 1 TD yet in preseason, I kinda want to trade RG3 and pick up Russ, whose been killlin it...but it is preseason
    Last edited by bill21792 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    bill21792
    NET Bench Warmer

• And thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate it
    bill21792
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information