tubbs51 wrote:Its the lag. the differences in internet sadly. At least that what i've heard. Try racing in a pack with friends and maybe they'll help you take out rival drivers and what not.
I do know at the beginning if you slam on RT when "GO" pops up you'll get a quick boost off the line. Also make sure the race doesnt have custom vehicles, cause that'll change everything.
JGfromtheNW wrote:My win rate right now is close to about 50% (I think I'm roughly about 45 wins to 50 losses, but it changes every time obviously).
I always host races, never join them because there are a few key options that affect the outcomes.
1. Traffic - turn it off for better racing
2. Custom Vehicles - lower levels it isn't a huge deal when you're racing Super/Sports cars because no one has these cars, let alone has dumped $$$ into them to make them faster. I personally turn custom vehicles off to get everyone on a level playing field.
3. Catch-up - If I ever see that someone has catch up turned on, I leave immediately. I'm not trying to play Mario Kart and basically have first place taken from me or handed to me for no reason. This is not racing. I always turn it off to make sure that it is fair and that you sleep in the bed you've made.
As far as tips for racing...
1. Make sure you choose a competitive car. For Super, choose the Entity or the Adder. They are the two fastest and the Entity is the best handling car in the game. Sports, choose the Carbonizarre or 9F.
2. Watch out for the first turn! It's easy to go in a straight-line from the start, but there is almost always (I'd say it has to be in the 90%+ region) bumping, grinding and crashing in the first corner. How you start the race is probably the most important part of the race. I know I can deal with any other racer 1v1, but when you're in a pack and you can get hit from any angle, it's very important to be cautious and get the race underway while giving yourself a good chance to comPETE.
I always take the first corner extremely tight so no one has a good shot at rear-ending me, or I slow down more than anyone, take it really wide and get on the gas and dodge everyone who crashes in front of me.
Other than that, I don't have much for tips.
TravTex wrote:I just go ahead and lose because GTA5 Online is having more entertainment value as a documentary of my criminal incompetence than anything else.
Particularly fond of the time JG ramped a motorcycle off a mountain while I was riding bitch and deliberately did a half back-flip so as to stick the landing directly on my head. (The exploding ramped cop car being a close second.)
253hawk wrote:Racing is bullshit, especially with slipstream and catch-up turned on. I ran a flawless race -- boosted off the line, avoided the inevitable pile up crash on the first turn -- and turned it loose all the way to the end. The guy in second place crashed head-on into traffic three separate times at max speed (I kept flicking back to rear-view to check when he got close enough) and still kept creeping up on me like Jason from Friday the 13th...then he caught up one last time and rear-ended me just as I crossed the finish line. Only a few more wins until I've got all the unlocks though...