Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post subject: Grand Theft Auto 5
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Anyone else pick this up at midnight? Install is finally done. This game is going to be epic.

Post subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto 5
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 am 
NET Veteran

Yup. I got it. Still installing lol

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Waiting for the PC version.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:19 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Getting mine delivered to work. Bringing my ps3 so I can install during the day.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am 
NET Veteran

Yes sir, got the game. Getting amazing reviews so far, and that's not even including the GTA Online aspect of the game, which will be able to be activated in two weeks, with endless content (confirmed over 500 missions, with new ones constantly added, and mission creator tools that will be released for the public to use). Sounds like a lot of fun!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
Waiting for the PC version.
me too, got the ps3version for time being. I feel better with a lighter wallet.

I followed the rumors and development of IV since the Xbox360 release. It was the reason I bought an HD TV. The combination of a week of vacation and cutting off all ties with the family made release feel like a dream come true while in another dream. Indeed, Rock* did not let down.

Here I sit taking a s*** while the 8gig installation completes having no idea what I'm in for. I haven't followed developments, rumors, or any comment sections of reddit. I'm going into this round ready to be surprised and completely amazed.

https://Can.not.wait.com
6740/8466MB

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 pm 
NET Veteran

Question about ps3 version : to me, the graphics in gta4 were pretty muddy, and I could never really enjoy the ps3 version (though I had a lot of fun with the pc version).
How does gta5 look on ps3 compared to gta4?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:32 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Vibrant and full of life.

I think a lot of it has to do with NYC vs. LA.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

Post Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:01 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Got to play it a whole half a day.

Try again today, and suddenly my PS3 has decided it can't read game discs, anymore. Because of course that'll happen.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:55 am 
NET Veteran

I love this game. I am in love with this game. Seriously though, I don't think its healthy how much I enjoy this game.

Help.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:12 am 
NET Veteran

GTA5 has been amazing so far. I'm about 21 hours in and my 100% Checklist is at 52% I'd believe.

Going to the military base and stealing a military jet = awesome.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:52 am 
NET Starter

So far in my opinion its the best game of this generation.

Btw it cost Rockstar over $250 million to make the game, the biggest cost for a game ever. And as of this very moment i has earned more than $1 billion dollars. To put that in perspective, it took Black Ops 2 11 days to get that mark. It took the Avengers movie several weeks.

And the online isnt even out yet.

But yeah the storyline is beyond phenomenal. the last dozen missions are easily the best missions of any GTA game or GTA clone game ever in my admittedly biased opinion.

I had the 17th and 18th off of work and literally played GTA V the entire time except for two hours of sleep tuesday night/wednesday morning

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Trevor is an awesome outlet, and oddly helps with immersion. Traffic socks with Michael, and it feels a bit out of character to just start shooting. Trevor gets behind a tractor? Shoot out the tires because suck my balls.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran

And now I know hwy I have not heard from you since the Niners game Fox.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:23 am 
NET Veteran

has anyone else played the mission with Michael where he takes a puff of weed and has to kill all the aliens?? or when he's flying over the city after he gets drugged??? HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

I even heard Carl from Aqua Teen call in to a radio station and tell them their music sounds like a dumpster falling down 5 flights of stairs HA!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:35 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Awesomeness of stroy mode aside... Rockstar is sniffing at all new heights of utter idiocy with the GTA Online Launch Fiasco. It's looking -brutal-, and the company seems to be taking the 'Hide from the customers and don't give regular information updates' track to damage control. Whee, dumpster fire!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran

I don't know why anyone is surprised... it smashed all kinds of sales records, of course there's going to be an overwhelming amount of online activity and let's be honest being overly quiet it kinda Rockstar's thing

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 pm 
NET Veteran

Yeah, the GTA Online problems aren't anything unexpected. Rockstar stated beforehand that there would be some problems initially during the Online launch, and that they would be working things out as quickly as they can. And as mentioned, it was to be expected, especially with the popularity of this game. I for one am not thrown off or upset for any reason. Not a big deal. Rockstar is not a lazy company, they're on top of it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

OK, not rockstar trashing, but the situation is a bit stupid. Indefinitely stuck on the idiot first mission tutorial race not loading... No cancel out option, either. Gotta reload the whole damn game every attempt just to try and trick a tutorial for a game I know how to play into actually working.

No workaround. Can't even join till you finish the tutorial... Which isn't necessary, you can't opt out of, and doesn't work.

How about a cancel or skip button, Rockstar?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:13 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I could get online Tuesday without a lot of loading and straight up failure. Came back to it for Wednesday and got online and through the tutorial but lots of loading that didn't lead anywhere. Able to some jobs that didn't require a lot of other people.

Last night played online in a closed room without fail for a couple of hours... Except for some bullshit mission I picked up from the Car Guy Simeon where I had to get two moving cars back to his lot... That mission was a waste of 30+ minutes....

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:25 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Sweeeeet. I still crash-hang at the first tutorial mission.

Ah, so we're hung up on 'Waiting for Other Players' this time, eh? On a solo session???

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:19 pm 
NET Veteran

I think it's safe to say getting GTA Online to work has been a pain in the ass. So many people were and still are having issues just getting past the tutorial mission(s). It seems like more and more people are able to get past this now, but there are still (I'm assuming the majority) who can not get past them.

My experience trying to GTA Online to work was frustrating, but I knew there were other people successfully playing so there had to be a small probability that I'll get in and be able to play. After basically 24 hours of creating characters, watching the intro video 20 times, freezing at "waiting for players" or "launching session" and then getting the "character corrupted" message, I started to notice some things were moving and loading just a little bit further than before.

When I finally got it to work, I chose to play a solo session online. Created a new character and then went through the intro video. I hit quit game (playstation menu -> quit game) as soon as my character started walking towards the circle for the race. After that, I loaded up the single player again and used the switch character function using down on the d-pad and for the first time ever it didn't tell me that my character's data had been corrupt. From that point on, I let the game do it's thing and sat at the "launching session" screen before the race for a few minutes and never had an issue after that. I think after the race the camera zooms out and will sometimes get frozen there (I had this happen a couple times) but just let it load and slowly move along and you might have some luck.

I'm not saying what I did is a proven way of getting it to work by any means - just want you guys to know what I did so maybe you can try and do the same thing. Realistically just try to play and when you get loading screens that seem to freeze, let them play out for like 10-20 minutes. You might be able to get through. I guess the big problems initially were that they were still getting new servers online and they were having problems connecting to them.

I am still worried about going back and trying to play tonight because people are still posting that their characters are being deleted -.-

What a s**t show of a release lol.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:14 pm 
NET Veteran

hmmmm I guess I haven't had those same problems, the first time it went thru the race loaded fine but after I completed it out got real glitchy so I let it do its thing for a while and it smoothed out and I haven't had my character erased or anything... but then again I'm usually switching to online around 2 am so maybe I've been lucky playing during lower traffic times

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:31 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Patch today got me in pretty quickly. Still weird glitchy but at least getting started.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:57 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Got matched up for my beginning mission after the first race with some kid. On the way to the mission start, he must've hit the wrong button, bailed from the driver seat at high speed. I sidled over, kept driving. I don't have a mic, so I just get a one sided tirade basically saying bring back the car you f'ing idiot.

At f'ing idiot, I do bring back the car... And run him down. Over the course of the mission, I shot him like eight times... Gonna get a bad rep, I suppose, but I'm one to enjoy a world you can just shoot a dude for calling you an idiot.

Never did make the connection as to why I was shooting him seemingly at random. Over here, you f'ing idiot! Blam. You shot me! What the??!? What are you doing now? You go this way, you f'ing idiot! Blam. Heeeeeey!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Haha oh the joys of playing GTA Online. I had a lot of laughing out loud moments last night.

I'm glad to hear you guys are having better luck now.

Gotta get more crew members! You get bonus RP when you are part of a crew. So level up faster and have fun with other .netters!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/seahawksdotnet

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 pm 
NET Veteran

Ok I joined the crew (7thsonofa7thson)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:15 pm 
NET Veteran

TriCHawk wrote:
Ok I joined the crew (7thsonofa7thson)

Can PS3 and Xbox play together?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

No, you can't play across platforms, but I believe we can all part of the same crew via social club.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:46 pm 
NET Starter

@Tri: Yeah. All players, PS3, PC, or 360 contributes to a Crew's rank in GTA Online and in Max Payne 3's online modes.

FYI: anyone playing GTA Online in October gets GTA$ 500,000. I think it has to be between Oct 1st and Oct 25th. i could be wrong though.

Ah, yes here it is:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/10/11/rockstars-gta-online-apology-is-a-500000-direct-deposit/

Keep in mind all 500k isnt going to be place in your account at one time. It'll be two deposits of 250k each.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:23 pm 
NET Starter

I thought the single player game was okay. Writing was horrendous and the forced torture scene was annoying but the heists were very cool and the world is just jaw dropping.

I am really loving the multiplayer. So much to do. Hard to earn $ so far but I kind of like that. Makes you work for it.

If you have been on the fence about this game...get it. Glitches seem to have been fixed - more or less.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:35 am 
NET Rookie

JGfromtheNW wrote:
Haha oh the joys of playing GTA Online. I had a lot of laughing out loud moments last night.

I'm glad to hear you guys are having better luck now.

Gotta get more crew members! You get bonus RP when you are part of a crew. So level up faster and have fun with other .netters!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/seahawksdotnet

I just joined. With my same name on here.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 pm 
NET Veteran

The $500K starts dropping today (finally) from what I've read via the world wide web. I think I'm gonna buy a crummy apartment and a nice car.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm 
NET Veteran

I got it all at once.

I spent it within about 20 minutes (I already owned a supercar and apartment) on upgrades to 2 cars.

I finally have bought my dream car, the Entity XF.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 pm 
NET Veteran

I ended up getting a nicer apt w/a 10 car garage, and I stole a half decent car. Someday I'll save up and get an Entity or an Adder.
I have my neon green/Navy custom Adder in SP. And of course, I got custom plates for MP and SP "SEAHAWX"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:13 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

omg im sooo hooked now with online was going to join the crew but seems like nobody is playing so let me know in pm and I would love too join still figuring it out but man there is a lot to do.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:15 pm 
NET Veteran

I got bored of it pretty fast actually. I guess I'm just growing out of video games.

Im playing a little battlefield 4 on the xbox one lately.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:05 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Joey13091 wrote:
I got bored of it pretty fast actually. I guess I'm just growing out of video games.

Im playing a little battlefield 4 on the xbox one lately.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that way myself. Can still burn some hours on Civ, but I've noticed that I like the idea of some games far more than I like actually sinking hours into playing them, lately.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:03 am 
NET Veteran

I think I could run over pedestrians for days at a time

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]