Any picks making you look like a genius already?

kearly

Reaction score
Mine:

Reggie Bush - 4th round (10 man standard league (1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, no flex)
Jordy Nelson - 5th round (the next pick)

I also got Jason Witten decently late (8th round?). He looks like he'll be a catch magnet again this year.

My big regret though is taking Calvin Johnson over LeSean McCoy with my 4th overall pick. And I don't mean that because Johnson had zip for points this week. I basically just "knew" that McCoy was going to have an insane season this year in Chip Kelly's high rushing totals read option offense, but I didn't heed my first instinct. I was 90% sure I screwed up 5 minutes after making that choice, and now I'm 100% sure.

Even though Calvin Johnson struck out, I still got 143 points. The poor bastard who faced me got 128 points and lost. That has to suck.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I picked up Joique Bell in most of the 5 leagues Im in... and always in the last or second to last round of drafting.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Not yet...picked up Joique Bell. Last year Doug Martin killed it for me

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I had McCoy as my #4 back this year, and he fell to me at #11. I couldn't hit the draft button fast enough. That's more luck, though.

Most of my bench has failed to produce as of right now, but I'm giving it a few weeks.

However, Zach Sudfeld can go to hell. I lost by 4 points and blew awesome performances by Victor Cruz and McCoy.

Vetamur

Reaction score
LAST year I had Alfred Morris on all my teams and THAT made me a genius. It was like having an extra first round pick. I recommended to Sammy that he take the Broncos TE during the week..that makes me look dumb because I should have tekn him.

Sarlacc..I feel your pain. Sudfeld was supposed to be my sure sleeper this year and he screwed me, as did the Falcons whole organization by hiding how bad Roddy White was hurt. I hope they get fined by the league for lying on their injury report.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":g00w32dh said:
I had McCoy as my #4 back this year, and he fell to me at #11. I couldn't hit the draft button fast enough. That's more luck, though.

Most of my bench has failed to produce as of right now, but I'm giving it a few weeks.

However, Zach Sudfeld can go to hell. I lost by 4 points and blew awesome performances by Victor Cruz and McCoy.
Yeah screw that guy. Had him in 2 leagues and did squat

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Jordan Cameron, but I think he was a sleeper for everyone in the world.

Going forward, I hope my Justin Blackmon and Rob Gronkowski picks pan out nicely. I took Gronk in the sixth in a league where TE is a semi-flex position with WR. Honestly, I drafted the best in that league, which is a 12-team snake, and I have enough #1 WRs that I can stash Gronk and just play him over my fourth WR when he's healthy. Meanwhile, my top three WRs are all top-ten, and two are top-three.

I drafted Anquan Boldin and Doug Baldwin in one league, which is working out well so far.

In an auction, I spent 137 of my 200 total dollars on AP and LeSean McCoy. Looking good after Week One. I wanted Mike Vick in all my leagues, but couldn't snag him in any. I had faith in Chip Kelly's offense.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I have Vick but I'm not willing to declare Philly for real yet. I'm hoping they have one more game and I can sell Vick high.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Oh, and I could've mentioned that my Shane Vereen pick was going to make me look genius, but he's now out until week 11. ARGH!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Peyton Manning and Wes Welker on one team, Victor Cruz on another team, Randall Cobb on my third team.

Sac

Reaction score
A friend of mine was hurting bad for a WR. So I sent him Brian Hartline and got Zac Stacy in return.....muahahaha.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Let's see.

Drafted Phillip Rivers in the last round of a 12 team league.
Peyton Manning in the 2nd.

My current team consists of only 2 players I drafted.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I picked C.J. Spiller a couple spots earlier than ESPN had him ranked, because I thought the new regime in Buffalo would recognize his greatness and utilize him accordingly.

God, the Bills suck, and they deserve to continue sucking. They've got a guy that can carry the offense on his back in Spiller similar to how Peterson does for the Vikings, and what do they do? Give him part-time touches every effing game.

They've also got a very underrated and underutilized receiver in Stevie Johnson. What do they do? The smart thing like Detroit does, feeding Megatron balls all the time? HELL NO. They sit there and barely throw to him.

MORONS!!! Go to hell, Buffalo.

(Yeah, I'm a little bitter about it; and the Spiller pick WOULD have made me look like a genius if the Bills weren't perennially retarded; but they are, I've learned my lesson, and instead I look like a dumbass.)

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I've made quite a few moves this season and have set myself up well in my 14 team league. I'm going to be pissed if I don't win.

Draft Roster
Andrew Luck
Trent Richardson
Matt Forte
Randall Cobb
Vincent Jackson
Jordan Cameron
Antonio Brown

Now my team looks like this
Andrew Luck
Jamaal Charles
Andre Brown
Dez bryant
Antonio Brown
Rob Gronkowski
Larry Fitzgerald

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":r5t1s99k said:
I picked C.J. Spiller a couple spots earlier than ESPN had him ranked, because I thought the new regime in Buffalo would recognize his greatness and utilize him accordingly.

God, the Bills suck, and they deserve to continue sucking. They've got a guy that can carry the offense on his back in Spiller similar to how Peterson does for the Vikings, and what do they do? Give him part-time touches every effing game.

They've also got a very underrated and underutilized receiver in Stevie Johnson. What do they do? The smart thing like Detroit does, feeding Megatron balls all the time? HELL NO. They sit there and barely throw to him.

MORONS!!! Go to hell, Buffalo.

(Yeah, I'm a little bitter about it; and the Spiller pick WOULD have made me look like a genius if the Bills weren't perennially retarded; but they are, I've learned my lesson, and instead I look like a dumbass.)

Spiller was my #1 pick in a couple drafts because of how he ended last season. You're right. Screw Buffalo. What a bunch of idiots.

m0ng0

Reaction score
My trading of Trent Richardson for Jimmy Graham and Benjarvis GE week 4 seems pretty damn awesome :D

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I picked up Zac Stacy, Julius Thomas, J. Reed, and Andre Brown off waivers. I started the season with pretty weak depth at TE and RB..Now I am loaded. :)