Any picks making you look like a genius already?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • Mine:

Reggie Bush - 4th round (10 man standard league (1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, no flex)
    Jordy Nelson - 5th round (the next pick)

I also got Jason Witten decently late (8th round?). He looks like he'll be a catch magnet again this year.

My big regret though is taking Calvin Johnson over LeSean McCoy with my 4th overall pick. And I don't mean that because Johnson had zip for points this week. I basically just "knew" that McCoy was going to have an insane season this year in Chip Kelly's high rushing totals read option offense, but I didn't heed my first instinct. I was 90% sure I screwed up 5 minutes after making that choice, and now I'm 100% sure.

Even though Calvin Johnson struck out, I still got 143 points. The poor bastard who faced me got 128 points and lost. That has to suck.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I got Jordan Cameron for $1 late in my auction draft.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I picked up Joique Bell in most of the 5 leagues Im in... and always in the last or second to last round of drafting.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Not yet...picked up Joique Bell. Last year Doug Martin killed it for me
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• I had McCoy as my #4 back this year, and he fell to me at #11. I couldn't hit the draft button fast enough. That's more luck, though.

Most of my bench has failed to produce as of right now, but I'm giving it a few weeks.

However, Zach Sudfeld can go to hell. I lost by 4 points and blew awesome performances by Victor Cruz and McCoy.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• LAST year I had Alfred Morris on all my teams and THAT made me a genius. It was like having an extra first round pick. I recommended to Sammy that he take the Broncos TE during the week..that makes me look dumb because I should have tekn him.

Sarlacc..I feel your pain. Sudfeld was supposed to be my sure sleeper this year and he screwed me, as did the Falcons whole organization by hiding how bad Roddy White was hurt. I hope they get fined by the league for lying on their injury report.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Sarlacc83 wrote:I had McCoy as my #4 back this year, and he fell to me at #11. I couldn't hit the draft button fast enough. That's more luck, though.

Most of my bench has failed to produce as of right now, but I'm giving it a few weeks.

However, Zach Sudfeld can go to hell. I lost by 4 points and blew awesome performances by Victor Cruz and McCoy.

Yeah screw that guy. Had him in 2 leagues and did squat
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Jordan Cameron, but I think he was a sleeper for everyone in the world.

Going forward, I hope my Justin Blackmon and Rob Gronkowski picks pan out nicely. I took Gronk in the sixth in a league where TE is a semi-flex position with WR. Honestly, I drafted the best in that league, which is a 12-team snake, and I have enough #1 WRs that I can stash Gronk and just play him over my fourth WR when he's healthy. Meanwhile, my top three WRs are all top-ten, and two are top-three.

I drafted Anquan Boldin and Doug Baldwin in one league, which is working out well so far.

In an auction, I spent 137 of my 200 total dollars on AP and LeSean McCoy. Looking good after Week One. I wanted Mike Vick in all my leagues, but couldn't snag him in any. I had faith in Chip Kelly's offense.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• I have Vick but I'm not willing to declare Philly for real yet. I'm hoping they have one more game and I can sell Vick high.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Oh, and I could've mentioned that my Shane Vereen pick was going to make me look genius, but he's now out until week 11. ARGH!
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Jared Cook, and Shane Vereen (hurt)
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Peyton Manning and Wes Welker on one team, Victor Cruz on another team, Randall Cobb on my third team.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Yep yep yep def!!!
    HawksFan798
    NET Bench Warmer

• A friend of mine was hurting bad for a WR. So I sent him Brian Hartline and got Zac Stacy in return.....muahahaha.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Let's see.

Drafted Phillip Rivers in the last round of a 12 team league.
    Peyton Manning in the 2nd.

My current team consists of only 2 players I drafted.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• I picked C.J. Spiller a couple spots earlier than ESPN had him ranked, because I thought the new regime in Buffalo would recognize his greatness and utilize him accordingly.

God, the Bills suck, and they deserve to continue sucking. They've got a guy that can carry the offense on his back in Spiller similar to how Peterson does for the Vikings, and what do they do? Give him part-time touches every effing game.

They've also got a very underrated and underutilized receiver in Stevie Johnson. What do they do? The smart thing like Detroit does, feeding Megatron balls all the time? HELL NO. They sit there and barely throw to him.

MORONS!!! Go to hell, Buffalo.

(Yeah, I'm a little bitter about it; and the Spiller pick WOULD have made me look like a genius if the Bills weren't perennially retarded; but they are, I've learned my lesson, and instead I look like a dumbass.)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I've made quite a few moves this season and have set myself up well in my 14 team league. I'm going to be pissed if I don't win.

Draft Roster
    Andrew Luck
    Trent Richardson
    Matt Forte
    Randall Cobb
    Vincent Jackson
    Jordan Cameron
    Antonio Brown

Now my team looks like this
    Andrew Luck
    Jamaal Charles
    Andre Brown
    Dez bryant
    Antonio Brown
    Rob Gronkowski
    Larry Fitzgerald
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:I picked C.J. Spiller a couple spots earlier than ESPN had him ranked, because I thought the new regime in Buffalo would recognize his greatness and utilize him accordingly.

God, the Bills suck, and they deserve to continue sucking. They've got a guy that can carry the offense on his back in Spiller similar to how Peterson does for the Vikings, and what do they do? Give him part-time touches every effing game.

They've also got a very underrated and underutilized receiver in Stevie Johnson. What do they do? The smart thing like Detroit does, feeding Megatron balls all the time? HELL NO. They sit there and barely throw to him.

MORONS!!! Go to hell, Buffalo.

(Yeah, I'm a little bitter about it; and the Spiller pick WOULD have made me look like a genius if the Bills weren't perennially retarded; but they are, I've learned my lesson, and instead I look like a dumbass.)

Spiller was my #1 pick in a couple drafts because of how he ended last season. You're right. Screw Buffalo. What a bunch of idiots.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• My trading of Trent Richardson for Jimmy Graham and Benjarvis GE week 4 seems pretty damn awesome :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• I picked up Zac Stacy, Julius Thomas, J. Reed, and Andre Brown off waivers. I started the season with pretty weak depth at TE and RB..Now I am loaded. :)
    Last edited by Seahwkgal on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• I picked up Zac Stacy, Julius Thomas and RW off of waivers. All have produced more than I thought they would.

I drafted Josh Gordon (while he was still suspended) with my 8th round pick, that's turned out to be an awesome pick.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Had P. Manning and Lynch as keepers, Drafted AJ Green and Andre Johnson 1st and 2nd rounders.

Picked up K. Moreno in FA early in the season (September 5th)
    Lost Finley and picked up Delanie Walker in FA
    Picked up Andre Brown in FA

Massive amount of luck on those three in FA - got them just before they started going off.

Yes, I am leading my league.
    ChiefHawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information