Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:32 am
  • The thing that always annoys me is you can never see the outside WRs on deep routes until they're 20 yards down the field. Being able to spin the view, post-snap as well as pre-snap would be handy.

    Although, it must be said, I did once lose to the Rams - offline - 52-7 at home. Three straight fumbled kickoff returns, from the opener, taken for TDs, followed by two RB fumbles taken back for 6. I was 35-0 down before the start of the second quarter.

    So, y'know random fumbles annoy me too. Or maybe the coders are Rams fans.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 810
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:16 am
  • What annoys me is I downloaded the rosters online but I can't play franchise mode with them. I want preexisting injures.
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:24 am
  • I played against the Cardinals last night, and holy crap. Bruce Arians looks like a melting monster from an old horror flick.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12212
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:I played against the Cardinals last night, and holy crap. Bruce Arians looks like a melting monster from an old horror flick.


    And Pete is jacked up in the shoulders.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3504
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 am
  • Basis4day wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:I played against the Cardinals last night, and holy crap. Bruce Arians looks like a melting monster from an old horror flick.


    And Pete is jacked up in the shoulders.


    He's like a buff hunchback.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12212
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:57 am
  • Carroll still looks like Frankenstein? Have they made any updates since 2010?
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8289
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 pm
  • Had a great online game last night vs the Ravens. It was tied 14-14 heading into OT. We both got defensive stops in OT and I ended up slowly marching down field and won the game on a screen pass to Kendall Hunter.
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:10 pm
  • muxpux wrote:i picked it up around 1, been playing all afternoon, havent ran into anyone else yet playing with the hawks, but im getting sick of playing the 9ers.

    I LIVE to play against the 49ers in that game. I get so jacked when I see somebody is the 49ers.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1565
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:30 am
  • Owner mode seems pretty cool. Need to control the Niners so I can move them to Afghanistan. And then put the Jaguars in LA, and then move a team to Portland.
    User avatar
    therealsm
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 149
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 am
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:09 am
  • I like Owner mode, moving teams around -- The limited choices don't bother me, as it lets 'em have some specific commentary/logos/uniforms. One run-through like four teams bolted at the same time, haha. I moved the Jags to London, Oakland moved to San Antonio, St.Louis to Los Angeles, and... oh, crap, I forget the fourth. Have seen teams move to Chicago pretty frequently, too.

    Thinking of starting a Franchise and moving Oakland to Salt Lake, y'know, for the whole 'Turn the Davis' family's 'Bad Boys of Football' into Mormons' angle.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:18 am
  • Ended up moving the Raiders to become the Sacramento Miners -- Kinda like the uniforms. Very... Cal Golden Bears-esque. 5-11 first season, fired my entire staff.

    Haven't been able to get a QB. The draft was all full of suck. Burned one of my extra first rounders to move up and grab a DE who immediately sacked Ben Roethlisbergererer three times in a preseason quarter of football. We still have Matt Flynn starting, and... well, suck is a strong word. He's the Trent Dilfer to my Super Bowl Ravens... only our defense isn't that good. And our offense isn't that good. And we're not that good. Kendall Hunter was the best available fit for RB, though we did snag a late-round rookie with some potential.

    Meanwhile -- at the beginning of the second season, Tampa Bay announced a move to become the Portland River Hogs. Har. Also, more oddly, a team too irrelevant to remember decided to move to become the Dublin Celtic Tigers. Take that, Londo-- er, wait. No London team, yet. NFL is starting out in Dublin, snork.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:07 am
  • So in owner mode the CPU regularly moves teams all around the US/world?

    Is there a way to turn it off? It's a bit unrealistic.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8289
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 am
  • TravTex wrote:Ended up moving the Raiders to become the Sacramento Miners -- Kinda like the uniforms. Very... Cal Golden Bears-esque. 5-11 first season, fired my entire staff.

    Haven't been able to get a QB. The draft was all full of suck. Burned one of my extra first rounders to move up and grab a DE who immediately sacked Ben Roethlisbergererer three times in a preseason quarter of football. We still have Matt Flynn starting, and... well, suck is a strong word. He's the Trent Dilfer to my Super Bowl Ravens... only our defense isn't that good. And our offense isn't that good. And we're not that good. Kendall Hunter was the best available fit for RB, though we did snag a late-round rookie with some potential.

    Meanwhile -- at the beginning of the second season, Tampa Bay announced a move to become the Portland River Hogs. Har. Also, more oddly, a team too irrelevant to remember decided to move to become the Dublin Celtic Tigers. Take that, Londo-- er, wait. No London team, yet. NFL is starting out in Dublin, snork.


    Ah, this made me chuckle :) Thanks!
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 810
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:So in owner mode the CPU regularly moves teams all around the US/world?

    Is there a way to turn it off? It's a bit unrealistic.


    You can set it so you're the only one allowed. The other teams are pretty irresponsible about it.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am
  • Damned if Kendall Hunter didn't go off in the first regular season Sacramento Miners game. Dude busted out for a 54 yard TD on a midfield draw play, then followed up with an 86 yard scamper out of the wildcat.

    Denver got owned at home, 41-24.

    Peyton still got like 400 yards and two TDs, somehow.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:22 am
  • second season in offline career mode, the rams moved to LA, and became the LA All-Stars (HIDEOUS yellow and pale blue unis), and had a blip on the twitter feed about the "Oilers" breaking ground on a new stadium in Houston. wtf?
    Image
    User avatar
    muxpux
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2788
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm
    Location: Longview, WA


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:55 am
  • Finally got a decent statistical game last night after some pretty drastic slider modifications -- I was hanging out at #1 offense and #32 defense no matter the roster. QBs are WAY too accurate. Seems near impossible to throw an incomplete pass on default settings (Unless it's an interception... point being not many footballs bounce off the turf.)
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am
  • Thinking about getting this game. Getting bored of Madden 13. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Owner mode looks pretty intriguing, but would like to hear some opinions about M25.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:24 am
  • Decimation wrote:Thinking about getting this game. Getting bored of Madden 13. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Owner mode looks pretty intriguing, but would like to hear some opinions about M25.


    -They fixed most of the annoying limbs that bend crazily when falling or tackling.
    -When you run behind a lineman, you dont just fall down now, you actually push off of them like a non retard
    -Animations as a whole are cleaner with an occasional hiccup (running looks way better)
    -Running mechanics along with blocking (sometimes) is overall better then 13
    -Seahawks online roster is stacked.

    Overall, a better then most yearly releases. A noticeable upgrade over the last.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    User avatar
    Cartire
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3622
    Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am


Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 am
  • Yeah, I do like the running updates. Run into the back of a lineman and things progress a little more naturally.

    In a related funny, on a kickoff return I actually weaved into one of my own blockers while trying to cut back. Nary a defender lay a finger on me, went into the stumbling animation and went down. That'll be on sportscenter.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Next


It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests