Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: Madden 25: Anyone buy it yet?
Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:18 am
  • Ended up moving the Raiders to become the Sacramento Miners -- Kinda like the uniforms. Very... Cal Golden Bears-esque. 5-11 first season, fired my entire staff.

Haven't been able to get a QB. The draft was all full of suck. Burned one of my extra first rounders to move up and grab a DE who immediately sacked Ben Roethlisbergererer three times in a preseason quarter of football. We still have Matt Flynn starting, and... well, suck is a strong word. He's the Trent Dilfer to my Super Bowl Ravens... only our defense isn't that good. And our offense isn't that good. And we're not that good. Kendall Hunter was the best available fit for RB, though we did snag a late-round rookie with some potential.

Meanwhile -- at the beginning of the second season, Tampa Bay announced a move to become the Portland River Hogs. Har. Also, more oddly, a team too irrelevant to remember decided to move to become the Dublin Celtic Tigers. Take that, Londo-- er, wait. No London team, yet. NFL is starting out in Dublin, snork.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:07 am
  • So in owner mode the CPU regularly moves teams all around the US/world?

Is there a way to turn it off? It's a bit unrealistic.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 am
  • TravTex wrote:Ended up moving the Raiders to become the Sacramento Miners -- Kinda like the uniforms. Very... Cal Golden Bears-esque. 5-11 first season, fired my entire staff.

Haven't been able to get a QB. The draft was all full of suck. Burned one of my extra first rounders to move up and grab a DE who immediately sacked Ben Roethlisbergererer three times in a preseason quarter of football. We still have Matt Flynn starting, and... well, suck is a strong word. He's the Trent Dilfer to my Super Bowl Ravens... only our defense isn't that good. And our offense isn't that good. And we're not that good. Kendall Hunter was the best available fit for RB, though we did snag a late-round rookie with some potential.

Meanwhile -- at the beginning of the second season, Tampa Bay announced a move to become the Portland River Hogs. Har. Also, more oddly, a team too irrelevant to remember decided to move to become the Dublin Celtic Tigers. Take that, Londo-- er, wait. No London team, yet. NFL is starting out in Dublin, snork.

Ah, this made me chuckle :) Thanks!
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:So in owner mode the CPU regularly moves teams all around the US/world?

Is there a way to turn it off? It's a bit unrealistic.

You can set it so you're the only one allowed. The other teams are pretty irresponsible about it.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:40 am
  • Damned if Kendall Hunter didn't go off in the first regular season Sacramento Miners game. Dude busted out for a 54 yard TD on a midfield draw play, then followed up with an 86 yard scamper out of the wildcat.

Denver got owned at home, 41-24.

Peyton still got like 400 yards and two TDs, somehow.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:22 am
  • second season in offline career mode, the rams moved to LA, and became the LA All-Stars (HIDEOUS yellow and pale blue unis), and had a blip on the twitter feed about the "Oilers" breaking ground on a new stadium in Houston. wtf?
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:55 am
  • Finally got a decent statistical game last night after some pretty drastic slider modifications -- I was hanging out at #1 offense and #32 defense no matter the roster. QBs are WAY too accurate. Seems near impossible to throw an incomplete pass on default settings (Unless it's an interception... point being not many footballs bounce off the turf.)
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 am
  • Thinking about getting this game. Getting bored of Madden 13. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Owner mode looks pretty intriguing, but would like to hear some opinions about M25.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:24 am
  • Decimation wrote:Thinking about getting this game. Getting bored of Madden 13. Is it worth the 60 bucks? Owner mode looks pretty intriguing, but would like to hear some opinions about M25.

-They fixed most of the annoying limbs that bend crazily when falling or tackling.
    -When you run behind a lineman, you dont just fall down now, you actually push off of them like a non retard
    -Animations as a whole are cleaner with an occasional hiccup (running looks way better)
    -Running mechanics along with blocking (sometimes) is overall better then 13
    -Seahawks online roster is stacked.

Overall, a better then most yearly releases. A noticeable upgrade over the last.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 am
  • Yeah, I do like the running updates. Run into the back of a lineman and things progress a little more naturally.

In a related funny, on a kickoff return I actually weaved into one of my own blockers while trying to cut back. Nary a defender lay a finger on me, went into the stumbling animation and went down. That'll be on sportscenter.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information