The Official Fantasy Football Team Review Thread!!

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • So instead of a new thread every time someone wants their team analyzed. Let's reduce the clutter and just make one thread. I'll start things off.

    Both of my teams are 12-team leagues. The first is PPR, the second is not.

    Team 1
    QB Joe Flacco
    RB Alfred Morris
    RB CJ Spiller
    WR Wes Welker
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Pierre Garcon
    Flex Demarco Murray
    TE Zach Sudfeld
    K Greg Zuerlein
    D Browns D

    Bench
    RB Shane Vereen
    RB Le'Veon Bell
    WR Miles Austin
    WR Emmanuel Sanders
    WR Cordarelle Patterson
    WR Ryan Broyles
    TE Zach Ertz


    Team 2
    QB Tony Romo
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Stevan Ridley
    WR Roddy White
    WR Steve Johnson
    WR Dwayne Bowe
    TE Zach Sudfeld
    K Sebastian Janikowski
    D Buccaneers

    Bench
    RB Shane Vereen
    RB Daryl Richardson
    RB Andre Brown
    RB Fred Jackson
    WR DeAndre Hopkins
    WR Kenbrell Thompkins
    TE Rob Gronkowski

    I'm pretty weak at QB, I know, but I think waiting to draft a QB has made my teams incredibly deep.
    User avatar
    Dietrich
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 415
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:08 pm


  • My team:

    QB Tom Brady
    WR Victor Cruz
    WR Torrey Smith
    RB LeSean McCoy
    RB Matt Forte
    Flex Darren Sproles
    TE Zach Sudfeld

    DE: Baltimore Ravens
    K: Mike Nugent

    Bench:
    Shane Vereen
    Mike Wallace
    T.Y. Hilton
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Sidney Rice
    Le'Veon Bell

    Not terribly happy with my WR situation, but in a 6 pt pass TD league, it was necessary to go QB earlier than I would have liked.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15225
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Here's my auction league team.

    QB
    Matt Ryan, $22 (K)
    Eli Manning, $13

    RB
    Marshawn Lynch, $23 (K)
    Montee Ball, $20
    Lamar Miller, $16
    Ben Tate, $1

    WR
    Demaryius Thomas, $50
    Danny Amendola, $18 (K)
    Antonio Brown, $16
    DeSean Jackson, $13

    TE
    Jermichael Finley, $5
    Jordan Cameron, $1

    K
    Matt Bryant, $1

    D/ST
    San Francisco, $1
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6295
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • 14 team .5 ppr single keeper. 2nd pick after keepers. I'm pretty happy with how it worked out.

    QB Andrew Luck
    RB Trent Richardson (keeper)
    RB Matt Forte
    WR Randall Cobb
    WR Vincent Jackson
    TE Jordan Cameron
    Flex Antonio brown
    K Dan Bailey
    Def Arizona

    Bench Ben Tate
    Bench Michael Bush
    Bench Joique Bell
    Bench Ryan Tannehill
    Bench Chris Givens
    User avatar
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am


  • Dietrich wrote:So instead of a new thread every time someone wants their team analyzed. Let's reduce the clutter and just make one thread. I'll start things off.

    Both of my teams are 12-team leagues. The first is PPR, the second is not.

    Team 1
    QB Joe Flacco
    RB Alfred Morris
    RB CJ Spiller
    WR Wes Welker
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Pierre Garcon
    Flex Demarco Murray
    TE Zach Sudfeld
    K Greg Zuerlein
    D Browns D

    Bench
    RB Shane Vereen
    RB Le'Veon Bell
    WR Miles Austin
    WR Emmanuel Sanders
    WR Cordarelle Patterson
    WR Ryan Broyles
    TE Zach Ertz


    For a PPR league, I would try and upgrade Morris. Try to trade him to an owner with a guy who is going to catch some more passes. He's a big enough name that you should be able to get a good return. I had Morris ranked as the 18th RB in PPR leagues. He's just not going to help you much on Sundays on weeks he doesn't score. In a regular league, he's good. It's just because you're in a PPR.

    Rest of your team look good though, except for QB, like you said.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11507
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • Had my first draft a couple of days ago, only a standard 10 team one but nevertheless I was happy with the outcome... (Not sure of starting line up yet)

    QB: Tom Brady
    RB: LeSean Mccoy
    RB: Alfred Morris
    WR: Desean Jackson
    WR: Mike Wallace
    TE: Jared Cook
    W/R: Stevan Ridley

    Bench: Russell Wilson (QB)
    Bench: Giovani Bernard (RB)
    Bench: Jordy Nelson (WR)
    Bench: Mike Williams (WR)
    Bench: DeAndre Hopkins (WR)
    Bench: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

    K: Randy Bullock

    Def: Denver Broncos
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


  • Here's my PPR, 10 team league auto-pick draft:

    QB: Aaron Rodgers
    WR: Calvin Johnson
    WR: Randall Cobb
    WR: Stevie Johnson
    RB: David Wilson
    RB: Darren Sproles
    TE: Tony Gonzalez

    Bench: Golden Tate (WR)
    Bench: Mike Williams (WR)
    Bench: Giovanni Bernard (RB)
    Bench: Jared Cook (TE)
    Bench: Josh Freeman (QB)

    K: Prater
    DEF: Rams

    Need to get a more reliable RB in case Wilson doesn't pan out, but overall I'm pretty happy for a PPR auto-pick.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11507
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • HawkFan72 wrote:Here's my PPR, 10 team league auto-pick draft:

    QB: Aaron Rodgers
    WR: Calvin Johnson
    WR: Randall Cobb
    WR: Stevie Johnson
    RB: David Wilson
    RB: Darren Sproles
    TE: Tony Gonzalez

    Bench: Golden Tate (WR)
    Bench: Mike Williams (WR)
    Bench: Giovanni Bernard (RB)
    Bench: Jared Cook (TE)
    Bench: Josh Freeman (QB)

    K: Prater
    DEF: Rams

    Need to get a more reliable RB in case Wilson doesn't pan out, but overall I'm pretty happy for a PPR auto-pick.


    Nice, got a few players in common. Think Wilson WILL pan out and Bernard's making waves. Not sure about Freeman, he's looked pretty bad but I'd be willing to wait and see. I actually like Bradford as a second QB. Sure, he plays in the toughest division in terms of defense but he didn't have a horrible year last year and has some really good catching options with Cook, Austin, Bailey, Givens and Richardson.
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


  • SomersetHawk wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Here's my PPR, 10 team league auto-pick draft:

    QB: Aaron Rodgers
    WR: Calvin Johnson
    WR: Randall Cobb
    WR: Stevie Johnson
    RB: David Wilson
    RB: Darren Sproles
    TE: Tony Gonzalez

    Bench: Golden Tate (WR)
    Bench: Mike Williams (WR)
    Bench: Giovanni Bernard (RB)
    Bench: Jared Cook (TE)
    Bench: Josh Freeman (QB)

    K: Prater
    DEF: Rams

    Need to get a more reliable RB in case Wilson doesn't pan out, but overall I'm pretty happy for a PPR auto-pick.


    Nice, got a few players in common. Think Wilson WILL pan out and Bernard's making waves. Not sure about Freeman, he's looked pretty bad but I'd be willing to wait and see. I actually like Bradford as a second QB. Sure, he plays in the toughest division in terms of defense but he didn't have a horrible year last year and has some really good catching options with Cook, Austin, Bailey, Givens and Richardson.



    Yeah, I'm not real thrilled with Freeman but I will just wait and see if there's a breakout QB on waivers. There usually is. Bradford's a good one to keep an eye on. Cutler, Schaub, and Rivers are still out there too. And hopefully I will only need a 2nd QB for one week.

    I have Russell Wilson as my backup to Rodgers in another league, which I am much more happy about! The only problem is I am going to have a struggle every week with who to start. I am horrible about keeping my fan decisions out of my fantasy football decisions sometimes.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11507
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • You guys can call me Benedict Arnold, now.

    Colin Kaepernick
    C.J. Spiller
    Steve Smith (Car)
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jimmy Graham
    49ers D/ST
    Steven Hauschka

    Bench:
    Steve Johnson (Buf)
    Christine Michael
    Joe Flacco
    Malcolm Floyd

    15-team league; a pretty big one. I'm trying to trade for DangeRuss, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25687
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:You guys can call me Benedict Arnold, now.

    Colin Kaepernick
    C.J. Spiller
    Steve Smith (Car)
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jimmy Graham
    49ers D/ST
    Steven Hauschka

    Bench:
    Steve Johnson (Buf)
    Christine Michael
    Joe Flacco
    Malcolm Floyd

    15-team league; a pretty big one. I'm trying to trade for DangeRuss, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.


    Is that 1 RB 2 WR no flex? You have a really small roster, but it's got some quality on it.
    User avatar
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am


  • I did my other draft last night. 12 team .5 ppr picked 12th

    QB Brady
    RB Forte
    RB Morris
    WR Welker
    WR Wallace
    TE Cook
    Flex D Wilson
    K Nugent
    Def Seattle


    WR K Thompkins
    WR M Williams
    BR Ballard
    RB Helu
    RB Woodhead
    QB Freeman

    I'm happy with my team considering my pick. As long as my WR stay solid I should be okay in my league I think.
    User avatar
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am


  • .5 PPR League

    QB R Wilson

    RB1 Foster
    RB2 Mccoy

    WR1 Fitz
    WR2 Colston

    TE Cook
    Flex David Wilson/Ben Tate/S. Rice

    Def Cincinati


    Not too happy about the results, but will see how it goes.
    User avatar
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1246
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm


  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:Is that 1 RB 2 WR no flex? You have a really small roster, but it's got some quality on it.


    QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, D/ST, K. Two flex spots. Four bench slots.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25687
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Here's who I've got. PPR League:

    QB: Matt Ryan
    RB1: Adrian Peterson
    RB2: Arian Foster
    WR1: Andre Johnson
    WR2: Mike Wallace
    WR3: Sidney Rice
    TE: Jason Witten
    W/R/T: Chris Ivory
    K: Josh Brown
    DEF: St. Louis

    Bench:

    Mark Ingram
    Andy Dalton
    Ronnie Hillman
    Fred Jackson
    Cordarelle Patterson

    I think my WRs are a little weak, but most of the good ones went really early. The bench has potential, but no telling how good most of those guys are really going to be.
    SeaDiddy
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 43
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:42 am


  • AP and foster? Wow can't believe you managed that. Are people really that worried about his injury?
    User avatar
    Dietrich
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 415
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:08 pm


  • Well, it's a keeper league. I got AP in the third last year cause he was coming off of his knee injury.
    SeaDiddy
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 43
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:42 am


  • Matthew Stafford
    Alfred Morris
    David Wilson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    T.Y. Hilton
    Jermichael Finley
    Brian Hartline
    49ers D/ST
    Adam Vinatieri

    Bench:
    Josh Gordon
    Joe Flacco
    Jermaine Gresham
    Michael Bush
    Santana Moss
    Brandon Stokley
    Alex Smith (inside joke within the league)
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Bellinghome


  • RolandDeschain wrote:You guys can call me Benedict Arnold, now.

    Colin Kaepernick
    C.J. Spiller
    Steve Smith (Car)
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jimmy Graham
    49ers D/ST
    Steven Hauschka

    Bench:
    Steve Johnson (Buf)
    Christine Michael
    Joe Flacco
    Malcolm Floyd

    15-team league; a pretty big one. I'm trying to trade for DangeRuss, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.


    Who uses an odd team league? Does every person have a bye during a 1 week? Because that would suck.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15225
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Joined one of the FieldGulls leagues this year. 12 team ppr. 1-QB, 2-WR, 2-RB, TE, Flex W/R/T. Drafted out of the 9th spot.

    QB: Andrew Luck
    WR: Jordy Nelson
    WR: Steve Smith
    RB: David Wilson
    RB: Darren Sproles
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    Flex: Rob Gronkowski
    K: Steven Hauschka
    DEF: Tampa Bay Buccs
    B: Shane Vereen
    B: Chris Givens
    B: Jordan Cameron
    B: Isaac Redman
    B: Sidney Rice

    Obviously, I tried to corner the TE market as I feel the margin between elite and average players is largest at TE. I thought I did well with my RBs (for PPR) considering my reaches for Jimmy Graham (1st) and Rob Gronkowski (4th). I am engineering a trade to send Steve Smith and Jordan Cameron for Eric Decker, though the other manager wants nothing to do with Steve Smith in wk1 vs our Seahawks. If I am able to pull off the trade, I would be very very happy with this team.

    QB: Andrew Luck
    WR: Jordy Nelson
    WR: Eric Decker
    RB: David Wilson
    RB: Darren Sproles
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    FLEX: Rob Gronkowski
    K: Steven Hauschka
    DEF: Tampa Bay Buccs
    B: Shane Vereen
    B: Chris Givens
    B: Sidney Rice
    B: Isaac Redman
    B: open spot
    User avatar
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 585
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Who uses an odd team league? Does every person have a bye during a 1 week? Because that would suck.


    We don't boot someone out just to have parity. Three divisions, three wild cards. We don't have byes.
    Also, great news in terms of lowering my chances at being stabbed in the back by a Seahawks fan; I was able to trade Colin Kaepernick to get Russell Wilson, so now DangeRuss is my starting QB. Woot!
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25687
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • 12 team league where QB, RB and WR touchdowns are all worth 4 points. Non-PPR

    Matt Ryan
    Megatron
    Dez Bryant
    Antonio Brown
    Montee Ball
    Jared Cook
    Legatron
    Bengals D

    Bench:
    Philip Rivers
    Brian Hartline
    Mark Ingram
    LeVeon Bell (damn injury)
    Christine Michael
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10149
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


  • Took over another owner's team. No idea about draft order. 4pt QB TD. 14 team league, so talent pool is diluted. Only 13 rounds were drafted, with the 14th slot open for FA pickups. I made a few roster moves (4 Free Agents, 2 trades) to mold the team more in my image.

    Andrew Luck
    Russell Wilson (TRADE #1 - replaced original draftee Ben Roethlisberger)
    Trent Richardson
    Darren McFadden (TRADE #2 - replaced Maurice Jones-Drew)
    Montee Ball
    Denard Robinson (FA)
    Rashard Mendenhall
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones (TRADE #2 - replaced Mike Wallace)
    DeAndre Hopkins (FA - replaced Chris Givens)
    Dwayne Allen (FA - replaced Ed Dickson)
    Jermaine Gresham (TRADE #1 - replaced Jared Cook)
    Alex Henery (FA - replaced Josh Brown)
    SEA DEF
    User avatar
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1185
    Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Who uses an odd team league? Does every person have a bye during a 1 week? Because that would suck.


    We don't boot someone out just to have parity. Three divisions, three wild cards. We don't have byes.
    Also, great news in terms of lowering my chances at being stabbed in the back by a Seahawks fan; I was able to trade Colin Kaepernick to get Russell Wilson, so now DangeRuss is my starting QB. Woot!


    That still doesn't make sense. You can't have 15 teams playing every week. (Hint: 15 is not divisible by 2).
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15225
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • 10 man league

    QB Drew Brees

    WR Brandon Marshall
    WR Andre Johnson
    WR Jordy Nelson

    RB Reggie Bush
    RB Darren McFadden

    TE Jason Witten

    K Blair Walsh

    D Chicago

    Bench:

    Jay Cutler
    Josh Gordon
    Brian Hartline (I have a claim in for Julius Thomas. If I get him, he's taking Hartline's spot)
    Montee Ball (Damn you John Fox)
    Pierre Thomas (I'm kinda desperate at RB)
    Heath Miller

    My 6 man league team is ridiculously loaded, but it's a 6 man league so who cares.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11033
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • 8-man league. Auto-draft since it usually does better than I will for the base roster. I tend to make tons of moves during the season

    Code: Select all
    STARTERS

    Colin Kaepernick SF - QB
    Calvin Johnson Det - WR
    Danny Amendola NE - WR
    Arian Foster Hou - RB
    Steven Jackson Atl - RB
    Jimmy Graham NO - TE
    DeMarco Murray Dal - RB

    BENCH

    Steve Smith Car - WR
    DeAngelo Williams Car - RB
    Michael Vick Phi - QB
    Mike Williams TB - WR
    Jordan Cameron Cle - TE
    Sidney Rice Sea - WR
    Percy Harvin Sea - WR

    KICKER

    Stephen Gostkowski NE - K

    DEFENSE

    San Francisco SF - DEF

    DEFENDER

    Luke Kuechly Car - LB



    I waited too long to make a move for Julius Thomas and I hate how the auto-pick always gives me Smith and Williams from the Panthers. They never work out. I did pick up Kuechly though, he should be pretty good.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9231
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:That still doesn't make sense. You can't have 15 teams playing every week. (Hint: 15 is not divisible by 2).


    Lol, I didn't even look at that league's info when I replied earlier. Guess I should have. There are byes after all. Derp. Also, the league manager actually set it up to have 3 teams on byes for 5 weeks in a row due to the 5/5/5 division parity.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25687
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA




It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests