Wr Help

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I am in the midst of my worst fantasy football season ever. I lead the league in points scored, but it is a match up league, and as do to one fluke after the other i currently sit at 2-6.

i need advice on who to start.... i can start 2 wrs, and get a pt per catch, 1 per 10 yrds recieving as well as kick/punt returning. and of course td are six

my roster
Burleson, houshmanzadah (sp), mike wallace (pitt), sammie stroughter (tb) michael crabtree

stroughter is projected to get the most.... based soley on his high return numbers, and the rest all fall between 12 and 14 pts

i cannot lose again, and this is the only question i have with my roster.... any advice would be helpful

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Make a trade. If you're leading the league in points scored, you must have a hell of a RB trio/QB/and defense because your receivers corps are aaawwwwwful.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Burleson gets the bulk of Matthews looks, Wallace is too iffy, and Crabtree doesnt have anyone to throw to him. I would go with Nate. It has the most upside. Crabtree is safe though..he will get 5 receptions for 60 yards. Housh might as well. Nate is going to ge between 3 and 8.. with 40 to 100 yards and probably a TD his week.

The only question I would have is maybe, just maybe, against a team like the Lions Housh does actually get a ton of balls thrown to him. Based on the upside though I would go with Nate.

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Your top two receivers are on the same team, and are playing with a struggling offensive line. Your deadlines for trades is probably coming up soon, so you should consider trading Nate or Housh for a strong WR from another team. You may have to sweeten the deal by adding another strong person from your roster, but it will be worth it. Getting rid of Nate or Housh would be the way to go. You need to diversify your weapons, and having your two WRs competing with the same QB, who is playing behind a weak OLine is hurting your ability to hedge yourself against teams--like the Seahawks--that may have some bad games here in the future.

You need to fix that.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I agree to getting some diversity..but reading Mora's comments this week, we may be riding Hass' arm from here on out..keep Housh in an IPP and Branch in a standard format and go out and get someone.

Mike Wallace is turning out to be more consistant that I thought he would, with another TD this week. You may be ok..or at least not horrible. Id probably be tempted to plug in Branch and Wallace..use TJ and something as bait to get another good WR.