Madden 25 Demo Is Out. U Can Play As The Seahawks....

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Just some ratings I copied and pasted from another forum...

Madden NFL 25 (demo) team ratings. 49ers (91) Ravens (87) Packers (88) Seahawks (90)

Seahawks - Wilson (89) Lynch (96) Rice (86) Tate (80) Sherman (96) Thomas (91) Chancellor (90) Browner (88)

Packers - Rodgers (98) Kuhn (88) Nelson (89) Cobb (88) Jones (87) Finley (85) Sitton (96) Matthews (95)

Ravens - Flacco (93) Rice (94) T. Smith (85) Yanda (97) Ngata (94) Suggs (89) Webb (90)

49ers Gore (93) Davis (94) Staley (96) Iupati (95) Smith (94) Willis (97) Bowman (93) Rogers (90)

SF-Wald

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1frza0nj said:
Just some ratings I copied and pasted from another forum...

Madden NFL 25 (demo) team ratings. 49ers (91) Ravens (87) Packers (88) Seahawks (90)

Seahawks - Wilson (89) Lynch (96) Rice (86) Tate (80) Sherman (96) Thomas (91) Chancellor (90) Browner (88)

Packers - Rodgers (98) Kuhn (88) Nelson (89) Cobb (88) Jones (87) Finley (85) Sitton (96) Matthews (95)

Ravens - Flacco (93) Rice (94) T. Smith (85) Yanda (97) Ngata (94) Suggs (89) Webb (90)

49ers Gore (93) Davis (94) Staley (96) Iupati (95) Smith (94) Willis (97) Bowman (93) Rogers (90)

Carlos Rogers is a 90? That must be a joke. Also is "Smith 94" Justin or Aldon?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm getting Madden this year, haven't bought it for 3 or 4 years. It will be fun to have a highly-rated Hawks team again.

Tical21

Reaction score
I dislike this. The Seahawks are going to be a popular pick online. I loved it in the past, I could play against somebody and they would be like "The Seahawks? Who in the heck plays with the Seahawks?" Then they would be the Pats or 49ers and I would smoke 'em. It is going to be great to roll over people with the Hawks, but I always liked being the underdog.

SF-Wald

Reaction score
hawker84":orkdhr8w said:
Bowman rated 3 points higher than Willis? interesting.. Rogers 90? please...
I think youre reading that incorrectly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Actually I think PFF had Bowman rated higher than Willis last year. Bowman is damned good.

Rogers at 80 is a joke, as is Torrey Smith for the Ravens at 85. All that dude can do is run Go routes.

SF-Wald

Reaction score
Hawks46":3n6ztgtt said:
Actually I think PFF had Bowman rated higher than Willis last year. Bowman is damned good.

Rogers at 80 is a joke, as is Torrey Smith for the Ravens at 85. All that dude can do is run Go routes.
Willis is 97 and Bowman is 93. Also, PFF had Willis as #1 rated ILB.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SF-Wald":3p92a63k said:
Hawks46":3p92a63k said:

Willis is 97 and Bowman is 93. Also, PFF had Willis as #1 rated ILB.

PFF also had Wagner rated the best 4-3 MLB.

Claden

Reaction score
I think they made Pete look more like a fatter Bill Walsh. Too bad you have to play at GB.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
minormillikin":3norwyrf said:
Save me a few bucks and tell me why it's terrible.

The tackle engine from last year is improved, but still terrible. I had Percy Harvin at a perpendicular angle to the ground, propped up by the ankle of a player that was clipping through him, and he STOOD UP from that and ran another fifteen yards.

At least RBs don't trip over the ankles of the OL as much.

Also, it's the same Madden that it always is. Sidney Rice doesn't understand the concept of dragging his feet on the sidelines? Running out routes and fades at the sidelines and throwing ANYTHING to the back of the end zone is a total PITA as usual.

LBs that are turned around or running the other way on crossing patterns still stop on a dime and swat passes across the middle in coverage. I mean, it's easy to just run slants every other play and make your way downfield as usual, but these teleporting LBs are some bull.

I just hate this thing so much. I'm no diehard "2K5 is the greatest NFL game of all-time" guy, but that game at least figured out how to program receivers to toe tap and encourages running at a hole over trying to bounce it outside first chance you get. There are less money plays in APF 2K8 than there are in this game.

This is another year where they emphasize presentation and new game modes over the actual function of the game. I hope they tear down and rebuild for the next generation of consoles.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I look forward to the day when, once again, more than one company can make NFL games.

Heck, I'd be happy if ea would just make madden for pc again. Ps3 games just always look like mud after being used to pc games.

I haven't bought a new madden roster update for a few years, but I might have to get this one just for the rare opportunity to have a good seahawks team built in.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I've played a lot of the demo, and it looks like I'll be buying madden for the first time in a few years.

Gameplay is pretty smooth, graphics (except in default camera angle) seem improved, and , best of all - it comes with a great built-in Seahawks team.

Coaches look like monsters, though. I don't think they have figured out how to make characters without shoulder pads or helmets.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
It's definitely an improvement over Madden '13 which I bought at a yard sale for $10 and immediately regretted it. They brought franchise mode back so that's good.
While fun, the demo has a lot of bugs. The most annoying of which is invisible players. Every once in a while, half of the Packers will disappear and you can only see their shadows. I know Sherman is good, but jeezus it's hard to cover someone that's invisible.
Another thing that bugs me is when you get down in the red zone and it shows the huddle, it's always taking place in the endzone, behind the defense.
Then there are some little things that it seems all Madden games have, poor AI in coverage (standing around, back turned to the receiver). The fans don't know when to cheer (Lynch broke a long TD run and Lambeau went crazy), PC looks like he has Down's, etc.
There are a lot of cool new features though, like ball hawk control, more control over the player when running, new precision-type passing, receivers will try to get both feet in bounds when making a grab on the outside, and the read-option is fun to use.
I'm going to wait to buy it and just play the demo for a few months.